Reuben Foster "Likely" Out Four to Six Weeks

y2lamanaki

Foster was due to have an MRI Monday that would reveal the extent of his injury. That he was walking without a pronounced limp in the locker room after the game and downplaying the pain suggests his injury is on the milder end of the spectrum. The medium time frame for NFL players to return to action from the injury is 15.4 days, Giza said.

"In all likelihood it's a Grade 1 (sprain), the one that's back in two to three weeks," Giza said. "Either that or he's a super tough guy."

I'm confused, in the article it said 2-3 weeks if it is a grade 1 sprain and up to 12 weeks if it is a grade 3 sprain. Didn't see 4-6 weeks even though it said in that tweet/link "could miss 4-6 weeks."

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I've seen players come back from high ankle sprains in about 3-4 weeks. But if it takes 4-6 weeks, I'm perfectly fine with that. 

I've heard whispers of 2-4, so what you've seen is definitely accurate. Those high ankle sprains are the brutal ones, though. That's why 4-6 is the "likely" range. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm confused, in the article it said 2-3 weeks if it is a grade 1 sprain and up to 12 weeks if it is a grade 3 sprain. Didn't see 4-6 weeks even though it said in that tweet/link "could miss 4-6 weeks."

I'm just as confused as you are. But given that 4-6 is the longest I've seen, I'd rather go with that and be happy if he's available sooner. At least it's not season-ending. 

I'm sure they'll give him this week off, then re-evaluate on a week by week basis until he's good to go. But with the way they were cautious with Joe Williams and Buckner early on in camp I wouldnt be surprised if he's gone til week 5. 

He was trying to come back in the game he cant be thaaaat bad that he's out for more than 4 more games. 

Pretty substantial loss, especially from a fan viewership perspective lol. One of the few guys that it was hard to take your eyes off of. But this is a lost season, get healthy, get right. Just glad it wasn't worse...I thought he was done for the year when I saw the slow mo replay on tv. They way his ankle god rolled up and contorted, I thought there were torn ligaments for sure. 

• Like 1