Madden 20 Franchise - PATCH FIXED IT - WE'RE BACK!

MKnight82

A LB off the street instantly starting for and being the Bengals best LB is highly realistic.  Bengals LBs are the most terrible part of a terrible defense.

The Bengals had a lot of noise around Jachai Polite pre-draft, so that seems like a fairly good roster filler.

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

A LB off the street instantly starting for and being the Bengals best LB is highly realistic.  Bengals LBs are the most terrible part of a terrible defense.

The Bengals had a lot of noise around Jachai Polite pre-draft, so that seems like a fairly good roster filler.

Thoughts on the trades?

Most of them make sense. 

The Bengals being the Bengals they won't do any of those.  In real life AJ Green likely gets franchised and then 80/20 gets extended.  Geno won't go anywhere until his contract is up.  I could actually see Dennard getting signed again after this year.  Dre Kirkpatrick has likely already played his last game as a Bengal if you wanted to look at trading him.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I may consider that at the trade deadline, but what do you think is his realistic trade value?

6th rd pick?  Nothing much.  Before getting hurt he was solid this year, but he's really only had 1 good year mixed in with a few average ones.

Edited by THE DUKE

TRADE DEADLINE UPDATE - YEAR 1

So my record at the trade deadline is 3-4, after going on a very surprising 3 game winning streak over the past 3 weeks.  I was 0-4 then somehow ripped off wins against the Cardinals, Ravens and Jaguars.  I'm hoping I tank and don't win any more games.  

Per @THE DUKE's advice I'm going to move Kirkpatrick at the trade deadline.  

*TRADE*

OAK Raiders Receive

CB Dre Kirkpatrick (77)

CIN Bengals Receive

2020 Raiders 6th Round Pick

*CB Greg Stroman (70) has been elevated from the PS*

*Added MLB Christian Sam (63) to the PS*

Contract Negotiations

HB Donnel Pumphrey Jr (70) - 4 year deal, $2.2 mil salary, $850k SB, $2.24 Y1 cap hit

- Pumphrey is just 24 years old with good speed.  This is a cheaper contract than Bernard who he will replace.  This isn't a ton of money so I can always cut him later if I need to.  

TE Tyler Eifert (82) - no offer

- He's only 28 but he's always hurt.  Time to move on, I'm going to let him hit FA.  

ROLB Tim Williams (74) - no offer

- He's more of a 3-4 pass rusher than a 4-3 OLB.  He doesn't really fit my scheme and he wants a $3 mil per year deal.  

WR Deon Cain (70) - 2 year deal, $2.0 mil salary, $1.0 mil SB, $2.7 Y1 cap hit

- He's fast and only 23 years old.  Can be a decent depth guy while he progresses.  Maybe he turns into something better down the line, but for now he's a good project.  

SS Obi Melifonwu (70) - 2 year deal, $1.3 mil salary, $780k SB, $1.87 Y1 cap hit

- He's a versatile backup that can play multiple positions.  

RE Jachai Polite (69) - 3 year deal, $1.3 mil salary, $550k SB, $1.49 Y1 cap hit

- Young depth for the Dline.  

HB Giovani Bernard (78) - no offer.

- I'm pretty sure he signed an extension IRL?  Anyways, he's going to be 28 next year which means he will regress soon in Madden.  I'm going to let him move on.  

DT Andrew Billings (76) - 2 years, $3.5 mil salary, $1.5 mil SB, $4.5 Y1 cap hit

- This feels a little expensive for what he is, but he is a starter for me and he's only 24.  

LE Anthony Zettel (73) - no offer.

- He's 27 without much upside.

LOLB Nick Vigil (73) - no offer.

- I can do better.

LE Kerry Wynn (69) - no offer. 

- 28 with little upside.  

SS Clayton Fejedelem - no offer.

- It says he's a team captain, which I guess is for ST?  Anyways, he's not much of a Safety, time to move on.  

Edited by MKnight82

MORE CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS

Geez, the entire Bengals roster must be pending FAs.  

CB Greg Mabin (69) - no offer.

- He's god awful in coverage, don't see the point.  

OC Trey Hopkins (68) - no offer.

I plan on drafting several Olineman.  

CB Torry McTyer (70) - 3 year deal, $1.5 mil salary, $900k SB, $1.99 Y1 cap hit.

- He's pretty good in Zone, needs to work on Man but is a decent athlete.  Only 24.  

FB Cethan Carter (70) - no offer.  

- If I'm going to carry a HB on the roster he needs to be able to block.  Carter can't block.  

ROLB Laroy Reynolds (66) - no offer.

- He's 28 and not very good.  

WR Stanley Morgan Jr (68) - no offer.

- He's only 22 years old, but he's a deep threat with only 88 speed.  

Alex Redmond (69) - 3 year deal, $1.2 mil salary, $700k SB, $1.56 Y1 cap hit DID NOT SIGN.

- I offered him this amount but he rejected it.  He's a scheme fit but he really sucks at run blocking.  Still, I want to keep him around for depth and/or a backup just in case I whiff in the draft.  I raised the salary to $1.5 mil and a $750k bonus.  He still rejected it.  Guess its time to move on.  

RT Andre Smith (66) - no offer.

- Old and sucks.  

FS Brandon Wilson (64) - no offer. 

- Not very good.

DT Niles Scott (60) - no offer.

- Not very good. 

LT John Jerry (60) - no offer. 

- Not very good.  

It makes sense in the game since he's only a 68 OVR, but Trey Hopkins has actually been the lone bright spot on the Bengals oline this year.  He's been average to maybe a little above average overall, but he's just been surrounded by crap all year at both G spots except for the occasional solid game from John Miller.

Stanley Morgan is just a special teamer, but one that has been losing snaps as the year went on.  He's shown nothing as a WR and can't even break the top 3 with AJ Green and John Ross out long term this season.

Brandon Wilson has actually been a special teams stud this year in real life.  Both as a returner and a gunner, but he was hurt for several weeks.  He's even shown some promise on defense in limited snaps.  But this is a game, and i'm sure he'll never be anything in the game.

The rest of those guys aren't even noteworthy.

End of the Year Standings - Year 1
NFC AFC
Seed Team Record Seed Team Record
1 Saints 13-3 1 Bills 12-4
2 Seahawks 13-3 2 Jaguars 11-5
3 Bears 11-5 3 Browns 11-5
4 Cowboys 11-5 4 Chiefs 10-6
5 Packers 9-6- 1 5 Steelers 9-7
6 Giants 9-7 6 Chargers 9-7
7 49ers 8-8 7 Ravens 9-7
8 Rams 8-8 8 Colts 8-8
9 Eagles 8-8 9 Titans 8-8
10 Panthers 7-9 10 Patriots 8-8
11 Redskins 7-9 11 Bengals 7-9
12 Falcons 7-9 12 Texans 6-10
13 Cardinals 6-10 13 Raiders 5-11
14 Lions 5-10 -1 14 Broncos 5-11
15 Vikings 4-12 15 Jets 4-12
16 Buccaneers 4-12 16 Dolphins 3-13

I finished a very frustrating 7-9.  Somehow the CPU simmed me 2 wins over the Ravens, and wins over the playoff bound Browns and Jaguars.  My other wins came against the Cardinals, Jets and Dolphins.  Looks like I'll be somewhere in the 10-13 range for my draft pick.  The Patriots did help me out some with their pick by not being as good as they should have been.  

Year 1 - Bengals Game Results
Week Opponent Result W/L
Culmulative Record
1 @Seahawks 10-31 L 0-1
2 v 49ers 17-24 L 0-2
3 @ Bills 17-42 L 0-3
4 @ Steelers 14-21 L 0-4
5 v Cardinals 35-17 W 1-4
6 @ Ravens 34-28 W 2-4
7 v Jaguars 31-20 W 3-4
8 @ Rams 35-42 L 3-5
9 BYE