Madden 20 Franchise - PATCH FIXED IT - WE'RE BACK!

MKnight82

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Its getting late, I will do draft tomorrow night.  

Quiter. ;)

McCauley is still easily the most interesting player on your team. HOFer in my book. A shame you have 2 prevalent rb’s now so he doesn’t get as many carries. 

Just now, Neumatic said:

Quiter. ;)

McCauley is still easily the most interesting player on your team. HOFer in my book. A shame you have 2 prevalent rb’s now so he doesn’t get as many carries. 

I think DT Derek Tripp has a legitimate shot of getting selected to the HOF in the game.  

Actually I can tell you who has the best shot because of the Legacy Leaderboard.  

Tripp currently has a Legacy score of 13,181, which is 10th amongst all active players.  For perspective, Khalil Mack is #1 with 30,275, but there are only 7 players with higher than 15k.  

2nd on my roster is WR Deveon Bartell with 3,248.

FB McCauley is 6th on my roster with 1,993, behind DT Tripp, WR Bartell, CB Cash, CB Stroman & TE Beachum.  Unfortunately I think its highly unlikely he makes it to the HOF.  It looks like game doesn't care about Pro Bowls at all.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Apparently Madden thinks the most important position in all of sports is an interchangeable part where an undrafted rookie free agent may as well be Patrick Mahomes more often than not.

I have been really tempted lately to try and boot up the old PS2 and break out 2k5.

Coach Zac Taylor Record
Season Year Record Result
1 2019 7-9 No Playoffs, 4th in D
2 2020 6-10 No Playoffs, 3rd in D
3 2021 7-9 No Playoffs, 3rd in D
4 2022 8-8 No Playoffs, 3rd in D
5 2023 10-6 Wild Card, 2nd in D
6 2024 7-8 -1 No Playoffs, 2nd in D
7 2025 10-6 Super Bowl W, 1st in D
Total   45-50-1  

I feel like for a full blown rebuild this isn't that bad of a record.  I never fully tanked.  I've never had higher than the #8 pick in the draft.  I built this entire roster without a single top 5 pick.  

On 12/1/2019 at 11:11 PM, MKnight82 said:

My rookie WR Brock Sieczkowski has Superstar Dev trait.  

On 12/1/2019 at 11:24 PM, MKnight82 said:

Holy crap my Rookie HB Anthony Rathman is a Superstar X Factor.  

The Law Offices of Sieczkowski and Rathman

• Like 3

2026 NFL DRAFT

I have three first round picks entering this draft, but they're all later picks: 17, 27 & 32.  

Top Prospects Available
# on Board Projection Postion Name Height Weight Age Scout 1 Scout 2 Scout 3 40 Vert Broad 3cone Shuttle Bench
1 Early 1st MLB Jeron Burney 6'2" 236 21 A TAK A- PUR A- PREC 5th 2nd 4th 20th 19th 1st
2 Early 1st RE Tavon Talbott 6'4" 249 21 B+ HP B+ PUR B+ FMOV 6th 2nd 3rd 1st 1st 3rd
3 Early 1st LE Teddy Murray 6'1" 243 22 A- FMOV B+ HP A- PUR 1st 1st 1st 2nd 4th 11th
4 Early 1st QB Malcolm Holloway 6'6" 230 23 A+ TP A- TAS B+ TAM 17th 17th 17th 17th 13th 2nd
6 Early 1st DT Kadron Hollis 6'6" 303 22 B+ PUR B+ TAK B FM 9th 19th 1st 7th 9th 1st
7 Mid 1st OC Clay Rogers 6'2" 309 21 A- IB A- RFNS B+ RB 6th 1st 1st 1st 1st 5th
8 Early 1st LT Cade Nash 6'4" 318 23 A- IB A- PFNS B+ RB 5th 1st 1st 3rd 4th 13th
9 Mid 1st WR Miles Greene 5'10" 181 22 B+ RLS B CTH B DR 8th 4th 6th 4th 4th 8th
10 Mid 1st CB Nolan Watson 6'0" 181 21 B CTH B+ MC B AWR 32nd 3rd 5th 5th 4th 1st
11 Early 1st FS Howard Pitts 5'11" 196 22 B+ HP B+ AWR B PUR 11th 1st 1st 5th 3rd 1st
20 Mid 1st RG Ricky Maxey 6'5" 310 21 A- PB A- PFNS B+ IB 1st 1st 2nd 2nd 2nd 8th
31 Mid 1st ROLB Vincent Finney 6'3" 250 21 B+ AWR B FMV B HP 12th 1st 1st 1st 1st 5th

So its not the deepest board this year, which isn't great cause I have later picks.  I predict that LE Teddy Murray will be the best play in this class.  I don't expect him to fall far.  There's actually quite a few good Dlineman at the top of the class, which isn't a big need of mine.  Also, this class is really deep at Dlineman, there will be several good ones available in the 2nd round.  

MLB Jeron Burney would be an awesome addition to my Linebacker core.  I'm not going to pay a Run Stopping Linebacker top 5 money in the draft though, so he'll have to fall a bit for me to move up for him.  Really the only other option for me to upgrade my LOLB spot in the first round would be ROLB Finney, who's more of a pass rusher.  

QB Holloway obviously stands out.  He's tall and has a cannon arm.  I don't like that he's 23 years old though.  

Of the Olineman, I know LT Nash is listed as an Early 1st, but he's also 23 years old.  OC Rogers and RG Maxey are both only Mid 1sts but 21 years old.  

I think CB Watson and FS Pitts will both be good players,  but both ran slow 40 times.  Although FS Pitts 40 is listed as 11th, he actually only ran a 4.60 and CB Watson ran a 4.55.  CB Watson is also a year younger.  I wonder if CB Watson would be a good conversion to FS.  Neither really have the speed I'm typically looking for though.  

Other than MLB Burney I'm not really blown away by anyone to be honest.  

Time to start the draft.

The #1 overall pick is RE Tavon Talbott (75) to the Broncos.  I expect he'll be at least a SS dev.  Crap, MLB Jeron Burney (75) goes #2 overall to the Dolphins.  LE Teddy Murray (78) is the #3 overall pick to the Texans.  Apparently the Bears have back to back picks, they take another Dlineman in DT Kadron Hollis (75) at 4.  TE Denard Stoudemire (74) goes #5 to the Steelers, I didn't even scout him cause TE isn't an early round need.  CB Nolan Watson (75) is the 6th pick to the Redskins.  I wasn't too thrilled with taken a slow CB so I'm not that bummed.  #7 overall is OC Clay Rogers (73), ouch that is quite shocking, both that he went this early and the low OVR.  

I'm not even sure who is worth trading up for at this point?  The QB would be ok, but he's not a huge need.  I guess I could take LT Cade Nash and move him to RG, but he's already 23.  I'm not thrilled with the idea of trading up for a Guard, the same goes for RG Rickey Maxey.  I'm going to sim down a few more picks.  

Crap the #8 pick is LT Cade Nash (76).  DT Kahil Adkins (70) was taken #9 by the Patriots.  A RB, McBath goes #10 to the Bills.  

*TRADE*

LA Rams Receive

#17 overall pick

#111 overall pick (4)

RT Greg Wagner (74)

CIN Bengals Receive

#11 overall pick

This values Wagner as a mid 3rd round pick via the trade value chart, and I took Wagner previously in the 4th round so this seems fair.  

I'm not even sure who exactly I traded up for here, I just figured I needed to.  It either going to be QB Holloway, FS Pitts or RG Maxey.  I think I have a good chance of Maxey falling some more and I just don't see Holloway as a need.  Pitts is the pick.  

WIth the 11th pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

FS Howard Pitts, South Carolina

Zone (76), Hybrid (72), Run Support (71)

NlI2fMG.jpg

- Hidden Dev!  The #4 overall player in the class.  His Speed isn't as awful as I thought it might be.  Should be a solid prospect, just need him to hit SS or better to be a homerun.  

I'm going to sim a few picks down and consider trading up again.  RG Rickey Maxey (75) goes #13 to the Seahawks.  I think I'm going to target ROLB Vincent Finney at this point.  

*TRADE*

SF 49ers Receive

#27 overall

#160 overall (5)

CB Greg Stroman (76) 

CIN Bengals Receive

#21 overall

Moving Stroman sucks, he's been with the team for awhile, but CB was the 49ers biggest need.  I was only moving up 6 picks so I think this seems like a reasonable deal.  I'm going to take ROLB Finney here because he fills a big need at linebacker.  

WIth the 21st pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

ROLB Vincent Finney, Tennessee

Speed Rusher (73), Power Rusher (68), Run Stopper (68), Pass Coverage (64)

IYVLHOT.jpg

- Hidden Dev again!  He's really raw though, going to need some work.  He's definitely more of a pass rusher, but he's a good athlete for a linebacker.  He can give me something I don't really have from my linebacking core right now.  

Well I was able to hang onto my 3rd first round pick so I have one more.  

So QB Malcolm Holloway is still on the board here, really glad I didn't trade 3 first round picks for him.  I think its pretty obvious he's the pick here.

WIth the 32nd pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

QB Malcolm Holloway, FSU

Strong Arm (75), Field General (74), Scrambler (70), Improviser (69)

YnrMqnw.jpg

- Hidden Dev three times!  BOOM.  Dude has a cannon arm.  75 OVR, a few under Silas but the Hidden dev will put him in competition for the starting job.  

My next pick is a full 32 selections from now.  

So there are quite a few Defensive lineman on the board here.  There's also two pretty good Guards available.  Oline is just so abundant I think I'll opt for the pass rusher.  

WIth the 64th pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

ROLB Irvin Childers, Georgetown

Speed Rusher (68), Run Stopper (63), Power Rusher (62), Pass Coverage (58)

r0OyvpT.jpg

- Dang Normal dev.  He's pretty absymal as a linebacker so I plan on moving him to DE.  

I don't pick again until the end of the 3rd round.  

Well the Guards are gone.  Think I'm going to opt for more Dline here.  

WIth the 96th pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

DT Ace Walton, Kansas

Power Rusher (67), Run Stopper (67), Speed Rusher (62)

NTlTscv.jpg

- Norman dev, I shocked cause this guy had a killer combine.  He will be solid depth he's a good athlete.  

I have two 4ths.  UGH.  There was a 5th that was a 5th round grade who I really wanted and he's already off the board.  That really sucks.  

WIth the 126th pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

RT Robert Hocker, LSU

Pass Protector (69), Agile (69), Power (67)

2WOM1ah.jpg

- Normal dev.  Solid depth.  He's a good scheme fit.  

WIth the 128th pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

WR Johnnie Kuper, New Mexico

Deep Threat (65), Slot (60), Route Runner (59), Physical (53)

qs96zV4.jpg

- Hidden Dev!  That's pretty awesome here this late in the 4th.  He's really raw though.  

I only have two 6ths and a 7th left but I have no one left on my draft board.  

Traded 6th to the Seahawks for future 5th.  

Traded 6th to the Saints for future 5th.  

I'm going to use this final pick simply because its Mr. Irrelevant and I like the storyline.  

WIth the 224th pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

LOLB Rashaud Dell, Houston

Speed Rusher (61), Run Stopper (51), Power Rusher (50), Pass Coverage (49)

rUZhos8.jpg

- Normal dev.  Not great.  Probably move to RE and hit the PS.  

That ends another draft.  

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 1

POST 2026 DRAFT RECAP

These are the top 10 player in the class:

#1 - LE Teddy Murray - Drafted 3 by the Texans - 78 OVR - Star Dev

#2 - HB Mike Howard - Drafted 18 by the Cardinals - 78 OVR - Normal Dev

#3 - FS Kenan Simon - Drafted 57 by the Falcons - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#4 - LT Cade Nash - Drafted 8 by the Buccaneers - 76 OVR - Normal Dev (thank god I didn't trade up!) 

#5 - FS Howard Pitts - Drafted 11 by the Bengals - 76 OVR - ????

#6 - RE Tavon Talbott - Drafted 1 by the Broncos - 75 OVR - Star Dev

#7 - MLB Jeron Burney - Drafted 2 by the Dolphins - 75 OVR - Star Dev (shocked this wasn't higher)

#8 - DT Kadron Hollis - Drafted 4 by the Bears - 75 OVR - Star Dev 

#9 - CB Nolan Watson - Drafted 6 by the Redskins - 75 OVR - Superstar X Factor (dang, it he had fallen to like 8 I would have come up for him, he only has 87 SPD though).  

#10 - HB Lindsey McBath - Drafted 10 by the Bills - 75 OVR - Superstar

Pretty terrible class.  

FA SIGNINGS

I need a few depth signings.

TE Andy Freeman (73) - 26 years old, Vertical Threat

LT Phillip Horne (68) - 21 year old rookie with 92 STR.  

RT Roland Streater (71) - 22 year old rookie with 90 STR.

CB Keion Crossen (74) - bringing him back for one more rodeo.  

• Like 1