Madden 20 Franchise - PATCH FIXED IT - WE'RE BACK!

MKnight82

2020 NFL DRAFT

This is a pretty good first round, I should be able to get two really good players at 12 & 14.  My top players I'd love to drop are WR Quentin Livingston, LG Kevin Wall, and QB Jeffrey Witman.  If any of them fall it would be awesome.  Time to start the draft. 

The Dolphins select 77 OVR LE D Barazell with the #1 pick.  LE R Crosby goes #2 to the Bucs.  Crap, WR Q Livingston goes #3 to the Vikings.  That sucks they don't even need a WR.  The Broncos take 73 OVR OC K Jones at #4.  LE C Meier goes #5 to the Broncos.  LG Kevin Wall is off the board at #6 to the Raiders, he is going to be a monster.  HB D Fields (72 OVR) goes to the Lions at #7, I think he's going to be really good.  75 OVR TE L Langley goes #8 to the Texans.  The Cardinals take 75 OVR LOLB F Murray at #9.  73 OVR LOLB goes #10 to the Redskins.  And the last pick before me is DT J Wheeler, 70 OVR, to the Redskins as well.  I'm on the clock.  

Obviously QB Jeffrey Witman is still on the board, but I want to consider other options here just in case.  The thing that scares me about Witman is that he's just listed as a mid-first rounder, which makes me wonder if he will be Normal Dev.  Also with the CPU passing on him till now, makes me wonder if he's normal dev.  

Top Prospects Available
Projection Postion Name Height Weight Age Scout 1 Scout 2 Scout 3 40 Vert Broad 3cone Shuttle Bench
Mid 1st SS Jalen Sander 5'11" 201 22 B+ HP B+ AWR B+ PUR 3rd 1st 1st 1st 1st 9th
Mid 1st QB Jeffrey Witman 6'1" 222 21 A+ TP A SH ACC A- TOR 2nd 1st 3rd 1st 1st 4th
Mid 1st RG Alfonso Steele 6'3" 306 23 B+ LB B+ PB B+ PFNS 1st 7th 24th 1st 1st 3rd
Early 1st RT Thaddeus Bridges 6'7" 321 22 A- RB B+ RPWR B+ PPWR 2nd 14th 10th 4th 14th 2nd
Mid 1st LT Ken Womack 6'7" 322 21 A- IB B+ RB B+ LB 18th 13th 12th 3rd 5th 1st
Early 1st DT Derek Tripp 6'1" 305 21 A FM B+ TAK B+ HP 1st 3rd 10th 3rd 3rd 11th
Early 1st RG Willis Saffold 6'3" 320 22 A RFNS A- IB B+ LB 8th 2nd 1st 3rd 4th 8th

I need to land two of these guys in the first round.  Obviously trading down, picking up picks for next year and still landing one of these guys would be ideal.  I honestly think the BPA is probably DT Derek Tripp, he's just a monster.  Any of the Olineman are probably backup options as they are all good.  I could always take Tripp here, trade back a little, take one of the Oline and take a QB next year..... I honestly feel like that might be the best idea.  Something just feels off on Witman.  

With the 12th Pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

DT Derek Tripp, Boston College

Speed (78), Run Stopper (76), Power Rusher (73)

- Woooo, he's 78 OVR, Hidden dev trait, the #2 talent in the draft.   

4eGdpNl.jpg

The Panther take WR Will Knorr at 13.  Literally all my other guys are still available.  I tried to trade down but no one will give me anything of value.  I guess its time to take my QB.  

With the 14th Pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

QB Jeffrey Witman, Stanford 

Scrambler (75), Field General (74), Strong Arm (73), Improviser (72)

- Thank god!  75 OVR, Hidden dev trait, only 15th best player in the draft but not a bad pick at all.  He also has 86 SPD, 87 ACC, 87 AG. 

vpMhzpf.jpg

Time to sim to the 2nd round.  

There are two guys I'm considering here in the 2nd, the first is a LE Speed Rusher who's pretty fast but doesn't have any scouted skills above a B.  He's listed as an early 2nd rounder.  The 2nd guy is a SS, who's not the fastest, but looks like good agility and listed as a Late 1st round talent.  He has Hit Power A- and Pursuit B+.  Looks like a good in the box safety.  

I'm not blown away by either so I want to consider trade offers.  

*TRADE*

Patriots Receive

#44 overall (2nd)

Bengals Receive

#110 overall (4th)

2021 Patriots 2nd Round Pick

2021Patriots 5th Round Pick

This is a trade down, I'm dropping 2 rounds but picking up a 2nd and 5th next year.  

Time to sim to the 3rd.  There's not as much to talk about the later round guys so I'll just summarize them as I pick them.  

With the 76th Pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

LT Luis Fernandez, UConn 

Power (72), Agile (69), Pass Protector (68)

- Bummer, I was hoping for more here, he looked elite.  He's 72 OVR, Normal Dev.  #26 player in the class. 24 years old. 

TVatYxr.jpg

With the 95th Pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

RT William Shields, Houston 

Agile (70), Power (69), Pass Protector (69)

- Ugh, another solid but not homerun.  70 OVR, Normal Dev.  #33 player in the class.  22 years old.  

ULe9CLo.jpg

With the 108th Pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

RG Cory Yarborough, Ole Miss 

Power (68), Pass Protector (67), Agile (66)

- Another eh Olineman.  68 OVR, Normal Dev. #65 player in the class.  22 years old.  

TzgWxB8.jpg

With the 110th Pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

FS DJ Vasher, West Virginia 

Zone (64), Hybrid (60), Run Support (57)

- 64 OVR, Normal Dev.  Just 22 years old, backup Safety. 

a6Vu6Nk.jpg

After trades I have too many 4ths so I'm going to flip one here for a future pick.  

*TRADE*

Tennessee Titans Receive

#112  overall

Bengals Receive

2021 Titans 4th Round Pick 

5th Round up next.

With the 140th Pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

RT Kevin Kadela, California 

Agile (67), Power (66), Pass Protector (66)

- More Oline depth.  66 OVR, Normal Dev.  23 years old.  

8lpGdXx.jpg

6th Round.

With the 166th Pick in the NFL Draft the Cincinnati Bengals select:

FB Jimmy McCauley, Southern Miss 

Blocking (71), Utility (67)

- I figured I'd take a FB since I want to run a lot.  This dude is only 71 OVR, but Hidden Dev trait for a FB?  Interesting.  He's also 6'3" 251 lbs with 73 SPD and 82 ACC, so he can play TE in a pinch too.  

3KEDqkW.jpg

I don't have any other prospects on my board so I'm going to flip my remaining picks for future picks.  

6th - traded for Lions 2021 5th.  

7th - traded for 49ers 2021 6th.  

7th - traded for 49ers 2021 7th.   

That completes the 2020 draft.  I did land my QB of the future, and I think Tripp will be a big time player on defense.  Ultimately not enough hidden dev players acquired in this draft though.  I'm kind of disappointed.  If Tripp or Witman are Superstars it'll make it worthwhile.   

Edited by MKnight82

POST DRAFT RECAP

So the top 10 players in the draft were:

#1 - RG Willis Saffold - Drafted 31 by Cowboys - 78 OVR - Normal Dev

#2 - RT Thaddeus Bridges - Drafted 21 by Giants - 78 OVR - Normal Dev

#3 - DT Derek Tripp - Drafted 12 by my Bengals - 78 OVR - ??? I could cheat and look this up but I'll wait till its revealed

#4 - RG Wes Stallings - Drafted 42 by Falcons - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#5 - DT Marcus Robinson - Drafted 29 by Chargers - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#6 - LG Kevin Wall - Drafted 6 by Raiders - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#7 - LE Demarcus Brazell - Drafted 1 by Dolphins - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#8 - LE Charles Meier - Drafted 5 by Broncos - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#9 - LE Rashaad Crosby - Drafted 2 by Buccaneers - 76 OVR - Star Dev

#10 - SS Jalen Sander - Drafted 23 by Packers - 76 OVR - Star Dev

Wow so there were no Superstar or X factors in the top 10 OVRs in this draft class.  

Also, these are the only players I was considered other than Witman at 14 (other than Bridges, Saffold and Sander who are listed above).  The top guy I was leaning towards was LT Ken Womack because of his 40 bench reps.  

RG Alfonso Steele - Drafted 16th by the Eagles - 74 OVR - Normal Dev

LT Ken Womack - Drafted 18th by the 49ers - 76 OVR - Superstar Dev (UGH)

Edited by MKnight82

Year 2 Roster
Offense Skill Players
QB OVR Age HB OVR Age FB OVR Age WR OVR Age TE OVR Age
J Witman 75 21 J Mixon 86 24 J McCauley 71 22 T Boyd 86 25 C Uzomah 78 27
T Jackson 69 22 D Pumphrey 71 25       J Ross 77 24 M Lewis 75 36
R Finley 57 24 S Perine 70 24       A Tate 76 23 D Sample 74 24
      T Williams 69 22       A Erickson 73 27 I Nauta 67 23
      R Anderson 67 23       D Cain 72 24      
                  A Stewart 71 26      
                  A Lazard 69 24      

Offensive Lineman
LT OVR Age LG OVR Age C OVR Age RG OVR Age RT OVR Age
C Glenn 72 30 J Williams 73 22 B Price 70 25 A Redmond 70 25 W Shields 70 22
L Fernandez 72 24 K Kadela 67 23       J Miller 70 27 B Hart 68 26
      M Jordan 61 22       C Yarborough 68 22      

Defensive Players
LE OVR Age DT OVR Age RE OVR Age LOLB OVR Age ROLB OVR Age
D Wolfe 78 30 D Tripp 78 21 C Lawson 84 25 G Pratt 72 24 S Cravens 69 25
E Vanderdoes 70 25 A Billings 78 25 S Hubbard 79 25 M Jefferson 67 23 J Evans 68 25
      R Glasgow 70 26 J Polite 71 23       S Moore 66 25
      R Wren 70 24 D Hall 69 25            
      A Brown 70 24                  

Defensive Players      
MLB OVR Age CB OVR Age FS OVR Age SS OVR Age      
N Kwiatkoski 79 27 W Jackson III 86 27 J Bates III 84 23 S Williams 76 29      
C Sam 64 24 G Stroman 73 24 D Vasher 64 22 O Melifonwu 72 26      
      K Crossen 72 24       J Jones 71 25      
      T McTyer 71 25                  
      BW Webb 69 30                  
      D Phillips 68 24                  

Special Teams                  
K OVR Age P OVR Age                  
J Slye 76 24 M Haack 77 26                  
R Bullock 74 30 K Huber 64 35                  

The draft wasn't the homerun I wanted but I did pick up two new starters in QB Witman and DT Tripp.  John Ross is back from IR to take back the #2 WR role.  I have some new faces on the Oline that I'm going to give a chance to start so they can progress.  I'm going to stick with Sample as my starting TE over Uzomah.  

Defensively, Tripp gives me a new starter on the Dline.  Lawson and Hubbard will still start at both DE spots, and Wolfe will float amoungst all the Dline positions as the top backup.  I have two new starters at LBer, both FA additions.  MLB Kwiatkoski and Sua Cravens.  I'm thinking about trading SS Shawn Williams and starting Melifonwu at the other safety spot.  At Corner, Jackson III will still be the #1 while Crossen will be the #2 and Stroman will play the slot.  

• Like 2

Enjoying this so far, and definitely following.

I'll comment that for being "realistic", there are far too many roster moves for a Bengals team.  But then again, if you strictly adhered to the number of trades and FA moves the Bengals make, you'll never actually rebuild the roster lol.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, theJ said:

Enjoying this so far, and definitely following.

I'll comment that for being "realistic", there are far too many roster moves for a Bengals team.  But then again, if you strictly adhered to the number of trades and FA moves the Bengals make, you'll never actually rebuild the roster lol.

Well it’s realistic if they hired me as their GM.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Wittman sounds a lot like Tua, except maybe a better athlete.

Thank god he was hidden dev trait.  If he was normal this draft class would have been a disaster.  I’m going to pump a ton of weekly practice points into the online to try to salvage those guys.

It’s going to be a bummer in next years draft cause I don’t have anyone I think is reasonable to trade for another first round pick, so I’ll just have my own.  I will have two 2nds though, and I have too many 4ths and 5ths to count at this point so I’ll have to flip some of those for other assets.

23 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m also willing to take suggestions on the roster charts im inserting.  They look good on my PC when I’m making them but are a mess on the phone when trying to look at them.  Might not be possible trying to display 53 players.

They look great on my PC.  Haven't checked this on my phone.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m also willing to take suggestions on the roster charts im inserting.  They look good on my PC when I’m making them but are a mess on the phone when trying to look at them.  Might not be possible trying to display 53 players.

Everything looks ok on my phone. Only thing is I have to look at the charts with my phone flipped sideways. If you try looking at them without turning your phone sideways then yea it’s a clusterf. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s going to be a bummer in next years draft cause I don’t have anyone I think is reasonable to trade for another first round pick, so I’ll just have my own.  I will have two 2nds though, and I have too many 4ths and 5ths to count at this point so I’ll have to flip some of those for other assets.

Could try to trade back into round 1 with the 2 2nds and 2 4ths.

39 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Could try to trade back into round 1 with the 2 2nds and 2 4ths.

I think I’m going to try to flip on of the 2nds for a future first.

I was also thinking if Carl Lawson goes off for 10 sacks this year he could possibly be worth a late first to a contender. But he would need to show more production this year to be worth that, and it would also create another hole on defense Id have to fill.  I’m not really keen on giving Lawson an expensive contract extension though.