Madden 20 Franchise - PATCH FIXED IT - WE'RE BACK!

MKnight82

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'm assuming by realistic, you just mean no abusing the CPU's trading idiocy or signing any and all powerhouse free agents.

Ya I mean, I think I did a fairly tame FA period.  And we've seen the Browns and Dolphins go full tank and try to acquire lots of draft picks, so that method isn't outside the realm of possibility too.  Honestly I'm just doing it this way because its boring if you have seven first round picks every year.  Ya I was a little disappointed that my last draft only netted me two legit star players, but that's probably going to keep me interested in this for a longer period of time as I need to find other ways to improve the roster.  

• Like 1

So I'm not in front of the console right now but going through the thread and looking at all my trades I think these are my current draft picks for 2021.  Its obviously way too many picks, I'll probably package some of them together to try to move up, and/or flip some for future picks.  

1- Bengals 1st

2 - Bengals 2nd

2 - Patriots 2nd

3 - Bengals 3rd

4 - Bengals 4th

4 - Titans 4th

5 - Bengals 5th

5 - Cowboys 5th

5 - Chiefs 5th

5 - Patriots 5th

5 - Lions 5th

6 - Bengals 6th

6 - 49ers 6th

7 - Bengals 7th

7 - 49ers 7th

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m also willing to take suggestions on the roster charts im inserting.  They look good on my PC when I’m making them but are a mess on the phone when trying to look at them.  Might not be possible trying to display 53 players.

My only recommendation would be to add borders to the charts inside the chart. Just a suggestion, I find it easier to follow that way

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I intentionally do the gray shading to separate the charts, is that not enough?  

I see that. To me it's a little easier to read with the firmer border and the numbered centered, but I know there are issues with this site and copying centered charts from Google Sheets

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I see that. To me it's a little easier to read with the firmer border and the numbered centered, but I know there are issues with this site and copying centered charts from Google Sheets

Ya its very annoying that if I bold or italic text in sheets it doesn't carry over into the website.  I have to go through the whole chart and bold everything again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@JBURGE thoughts on my first offseason?

I don't use all-madden cause I find it messes with everything..... which may have something to do with your record.

Your draft looks average as long as one of them is a superstar. The QB looks good, and hopefully if he is a superstar, you will have time to upgrade anything other than scrambler which he likely is the best at now, no? I hate getting scrambler superstar traits. 

I don't really care that much if the OL guys are hidden or not. Most of the time I end up training the OL throughout the year through practice, so they level up a little bit anyway, even if they're normal. I want elite tackles and the guards can cycle through.

Good pick with the DT as well. I usually find success with those guys in the 2-3 round and love to target corners and WRs in the 1st, but looks like you didn't have that options. The draft was heavy on the lines. 

15 picks in 1 draft is quite a bit, and you already did a fairly decent job of gutting the bottom of the roster in the first offseason so all those later picks will be fairly comparable to what you have now.  Maybe take all those 5th and 6th rd picks and try to turn them into a couple of 4th rd picks.  That would get you down to 10 picks.

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't use all-madden cause I find it messes with everything..... which may have something to do with your record.

Hmm, strange.  I will consider that.  

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Your draft looks average as long as one of them is a superstar. The QB looks good, and hopefully if he is a superstar, you will have time to upgrade anything other than scrambler which he likely is the best at now, no? I hate getting scrambler superstar traits. 

He was a Scrambler.  Not sure what his levels at other types were.  I'll look it up tonight.

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I don't really care that much if the OL guys are hidden or not. Most of the time I end up training the OL throughout the year through practice, so they level up a little bit anyway, even if they're normal. I want elite tackles and the guards can cycle through.

Hidden dev Oline level so much faster though.  Even with me pumping weekly leveling towards oline, they will probably only level 4-5 times this season.  That means they will be 74-77 at most starting next season.  That's still pretty average.  A hidden dev trait Olineman can hit 90 within a few seasons.  

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Good pick with the DT as well. I usually find success with those guys in the 2-3 round and love to target corners and WRs in the 1st, but looks like you didn't have that options. The draft was heavy on the lines. 

Ya it was a heavy line draft.  No quality CBs or WRs, plus I was picking 12 & 14 and not in the top 5.  But look at the draft recap, 9 out of the top 10 players in the draft were lineman.  

7 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

15 picks in 1 draft is quite a bit, and you already did a fairly decent job of gutting the bottom of the roster in the first offseason so all those later picks will be fairly comparable to what you have now.  Maybe take all those 5th and 6th rd picks and try to turn them into a couple of 4th rd picks.  That would get you down to 10 picks.

Ya I'd love to get another 3rd.  I might package a 4th and 5th, maybe throw in a player for a 3rd.  Then flip another 5th for a future 4th.  I do need more depth so I don't want to dump all of my 5ths.  The 6th and 7th rounds are where there usually isn't many options to draft anyone decent.