Madden 20 Franchise - PATCH FIXED IT - WE'RE BACK!

MKnight82

FREE AGENCY

I only have 18.2 mil in cap space.  

SS Jamichael Mills wants a deal worth $10 mil per season.  I don't think I can afford to pay that to a Safety that doesn't have SS X Factor.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to let him walk.  That's a bummer, I drafted him in my first draft with the Cardinals.  

I don't have a lot of money, and have a ton of draft picks so I'm going to sit out of FA this year.  

2035 NFL DRAFT

Per usual I have a lot of picks.  The 20th, 27th, two 2nds, a 3rd, and three 4ths.  

Top Prospects Available
# on Board Projection Postion Name Height Weight Age Scout 1 Scout 2 Scout 3 40 Vert Broad 3cone Shuttle Bench
1 Early 1st LT Josh Jarrett 6'5" 319 23 A- RFNS B+ RB B+ PB 1st 1st 2nd 3rd 3rd 3rd
3 Early 1st WR Lamarcus Lindsey 6'0" 194 22 A- CIT B+ DR A- MR 1st 5th 19th 1st 1st 17th
4 Early 1st CB Kirkland Aikens 5'9" 189 22 B+ AWR B+ PRS B CTH 2nd 8th 3rd 8th 13th 2nd
5 Mid 1st ROLB Roosevelt Gatewood 6'1" 232 21 B+ TAK B+ AWR B+ PUR 3rd 2nd 1st 1st 1st 1st
6 Late 1st RE Jeremy Bean 6'3" 274 21 A- TAK B+ HP B+ PREC 5th 1st 1st 1st 1st 8th
9 Early 1st LG Charlie Kern 6'2" 327 22 A- RFNS A- IB A- RB 1st 1st 4th 2nd 3rd 5th
10 Early 1st WR Jarred Brothers 6'2" 231 21 A SPEC A- RLS A- CIT 39th 3rd 6th 10th 16th 2nd
11 Early 1st LE CJ Marshall 6'5" 297 21 A- TAK B+ BS B+ AWR 1st 28th 3rd 5th 5th 1st
12 Mid 1st RE Samuel Marshall 6'0" 247 22 B+ FM B+ PUR B+ PREC 6th 5th 2nd 2nd 2nd 2nd
13 Mid 1st DT Alfonso Cousins 6'3" 300 22 A- HP A- FM B+ BS 5th 5th 6th 1st 1st 3rd
19 Mid 1st DT Terrance Walker 6'1" 287 21 A- HP A- FM B PREC 7th 10th 7th 2nd 2nd 12th
31 Mid 1st CB JJ Bryan 5'10" 212 21 B+ ZC B PREC B- AWR 6th 1st 2nd 1st 2nd 7th

This is one of the weakest draft classes I've seen.  Unfortunately for me my biggest need is Safety, and there isn't a Safety with a first round grade in the entire class.  

I think that CB JJ Bryan could convert to Safety.  He should be available with my pick at 20, has a good high zone coverage rating, and ran a 4.37 at the combine.  Honestly though, one of my CBs on the roster (a very deep position for me) could always move to Safety, so I'm not going to force the pick.  

LT Josh Jarret is solid, but he's 23 years old and his top 3 skills aren't elite.  Honestly I would prefer LG Charlie Kern, who looks like a stud, but I'm not keen on trading up for a Guard.  He would have to fall to the 8-10 range for me to consider it.  Also, if he had normal dev it would be a disaster for me.  

WR L Lindsey is probably the best player in this class and shouldn't fall out of the top 3.  WR Jarred Brothers is slow, he only ran a 4.61, but man he looks like a monster possession WR.  He's another guy if he falls to the 8-10 range I would consider moving up for.  

CB Kirkland Aikens looks like a stud.  He'll definitely go in the top 5.  

ROLB R Gatewood is an undersized coverage linebacker.  I've been burned on too many of those lately to trade up for one.  

RE Bean would play end for me, he looks like a good prospect.  LE Marshall, DT Cousins, & DT Walker are all good prospects, but interior Dline isn't a need for me worth trading up for.  

RE Marshall is a solid edge rusher, but again, its not something I'd trade up for.  

The ideal first for me would be landing WR Brothers & CB JJ Bryan.  Let's see how it plays out.  

LT J Jarrett (77) goes #1 overall to the Packers.  CB K Aikens (78) is the 2nd pick to the Redskins.  WR L Lindsey (78) goes 3rd to the Titans, those were probably the 3 best players in the draft right there.  CB Andrew Styles (75) is the #4 pick to the Saints, he was a super slow CB I didn't even have on my board.  RE J Bean (74) goes 5 to the Jets, he looks more raw than I thought.  Crap, LG Charlie Kern (78) goes off the board at 6 to the Rams.  ROLB R Gatewood is the #7 overall pick to the Bears.  

We're here at 8.  Do I trade up for a slow WR?  But a monster possession WR?  Let me see what it would take.  

*TRADE*

NY Giants Receive

#27 overall pick

DT N Matlock (75)

LG J Berlin (79)

ARI Cardinals Receive

#8 overall pick

The Giants drop back 19 picks, but DT and G are listed as their top 2 roster needs.  They get 2 new starters in this trade.  

With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

WR Jarred Brothers, Clemson

Physical (76), Deep Threat (73), Slot (70), Route Runner (68)

rHvqxY7.jpg

- Hidden dev, thank god.  This could have been way worse.  His 88 speed isn't terrible.  Everything else looks great.  This was a good pick.  

Ok I was able to hold onto 20, so hopefully CB JJ Bryan will drop to me there.  

I'm on the clock at 20.  

Wow, lol.  The only person on that list above still available is CB JJ Bryan.  This pick is easy.  

With the 20th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

CB JJ Bryan, Kentucky

Zone (76), Man to Man (73), Slot (73)

uUWcvpW.jpg

- That's what I'm talking about!  Back to back Hidden dev.  I needed that.  He looks great.  Man coverage is bad for a CB, but doesn't matter he's moving to Safety.  His Tackle will need to improve at Safety though.  I'll probably put him at FS and move Beekman to SS.  

There's usually some good talent right at the top of the 2nd so I usually like to stop my sim there.  

Ok the Packers are on the clock at 33.  My next pick isn't until 48.  There's a pretty nice 22 year old LT on the board, not sure if he's worth trading up for though.  Two solid CBs.  Honestly there's not much here.  I feel comfortable simming later than this.  But, there is a really nice RG.  He's listed as a 3rd round guy, but if you scout him he's an Early 1st talent.  I'm not sure if he'll fall all the way to 48.  I might sim to like 40 and then make a move up.  

*TRADE*

NY Giants Receive

#40 overall

ARI Cardinals Receive

#48 overall

OC C Thurston (76)

I'm giving up all of my Oline depth to the Giants in this draft.  Let's hope it works out.  

With the 40th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

RG Malcolm O'Sullivan, Notre Dame

Power (77), Pass Protector (75), Agile (71)

Gk16OA8.jpg

- Crap, normal dev.  UGH.  I cannot hit on Olineman no matter what I do.  22 years old.  He's a good player.  Just doesn't have the dev trait and Olineman cannot gain dev trait in any way.   

Time to sim.  

I'm on the clock at 59.  I'm going to take another stab at a Safety here, just as a backup plan.  

With the 59th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

SS Grant Spicer, Tulane

Zone (72), Hybrid (67), Run Support (66)

7fQwfY1.jpg

- Normal dev, pretty good athlete.  He'll make a decent backup.  Not an ideal pick in the 2nd but it could have been worse.  

Time to sim to the 3rd.  

With the 91st pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

HB Kalen Boyce, UCLA

Power (67), Elusive Back (61), Receiving Back (47)

bVrnDfH.jpg

- I needed a backup RB, and this guy isn't bad.  Decent athleticism for a power guy, and he should develop over time.  Normal dev though.  On the plus side, he's 6'0" 233 lbs.  

I have three picks in the 4th round. They are: 99, 116, 123.

With the 99th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

DT Charles Beck, Auburn

Run Stopper (72), Power Rusher (71), Speed Rusher (65)

XzEunqU.jpg

- Another normal dev, but solid depth.  I traded away DT Matlock in my first round move up, so this guy fills a roster spot.  Good strength and size, he makes a solid NT.  24 years old though.  

There's not a lot here.  I'm going to make a trade for future draft picks. 

Pick 116 (4) - traded to the Titans for a future 4th & 7th.  

With the 123rd pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

RT Lincoln Mumphrey, Temple

Agile (70), Pass Protector (69), Power (65)

6xNYN6r.jpg

- Normal dev.  Oline depth, will probably move him to the backup Center role.  He's 22.  

I have three 5ths, and four 6ths which is entirely too many in this weak draft.  There's a linebacker I could use for depth still available so I'm going to package some to move up here and take him.  

*TRADE*

CIN Bengals Receive

#144 overall (5)

#171 overall (6)

#177 overall (6)

ARI Cardinals Receive

#124 overall (4)

Movin on up.....

With the 124th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

MLB Marc McCray, South Carolina State

Pass Coverage (65), Field General (65), Run Stopper (64)

mjSXCzJ.jpg

- Normal dev.  He's a good athlete.  I really need a backup pass rushing edge but this draft sucked.  This guy will be another body at linebacker.  He's 22.  

5th round time.  

With the 131st pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

RT Jeff Newkirk, Georgia Tech

Pass Protector (69), Power (67), Agile (64)

cUJLTnd.jpg

- More oline cause why not.  Normal dev.  

With the 155th pick in the NFL Draft the Arizona Cardinals select:

CB Will Dailey, Minnesota

Man to Man (66), Slot (65), Zone (70), Route Runner (68)

- Normal dev.  Honestly not a bad pick late.  

I traded away my two 6ths for two future 5ths.  

Edited by MKnight82

POST 2035 DRAFT RECAP

These are the top 10 player in the class:

#1 - CB Kirkland Aikens - Drafted 2 by the Redskins - 78 OVR - Star Dev 

#2 - WR Lamarcus Lindsey - Drafted 3 by the Titans - 78 OVR - Superstar Dev

#3 - LG Charlie Kern - Drafted 6 by the Rams - 78 OVR - Star Dev (crap)

#4 - LE CJ Marshall - Drafted 9 by the Colts - 78 OVR - Star Dev

#5 - DT Marcus Kennedy - Drafted 12 by the Bills - 78 OVR - Star Dev

#6 - LT Josh Jarrett - Drafted 1 by the Packers - 77 OVR - Star Dev

#7 - RG Malcolm O'Sullivan - Drafted 40 by the Cardinals - 77 OVR - Normal Dev

#8 - OC Walt Kramer - Drafted 72 by the Giants - 76 OVR - Normal Dev

#9 - RG Markus Marshall - Drafted 49 by the Dolphins - 76 OVR - Normal Dev

#10 - CB Quentin Kitchens - Drafted 22 by the Cowboys - 76 OVR - Star Dev

This is one of the worst draft classes I've seen.  

• Like 3

Cardinals - Year 17 Roster
Offense Skill Players
QB OVR Age HB OVR Age FB OVR Age WR OVR Age TE OVR Age
M McCoy 89 23 J Silver 89 26 D Valentine 83 28 B Bullard 92 25 C Price 87 26
G Caldwell 60 23 A Buchanon 68 23       C Graves 81 27 D Carroll 74 26
      K Boyce 67 23       K Santos 77 24 A McKinley 74 25
                  J Brothers 76 21 R Rayford 66 24
                  L Leno 73 24      
                  R Carrington 71 23      

Offensive Lineman
LT OVR Age LG OVR Age C OVR Age RG OVR Age RT OVR Age
B Linsley 90 27 L Ryans 84 27 E Spicer 79 22 M Worthington 83 27 E Dye 84 24
J Newkirk 69 23 S Smart 77 26 L Mumphrey 69 22 M O'Sullivan 77 22 B Walter 78 26
                  D McCoy 74 22 D Lawson 65 23

Defensive Players
LE OVR Age DT OVR Age RE OVR Age LOLB OVR Age ROLB OVR Age
H Herman 91 26 D Tripp 85 36 D Dawson 82 22 A Orchard 85 25 J Jarrett 83 24
N Sheppard 76 25 I Dorsett 75 24 J Baas 75 26 T Mobley 77 27 A Grimes 76 24
      C Beck 72 24 C Bradham 64 23            

J Hewitt 64 23                  

Defensive Players      
MLB OVR Age CB OVR Age FS OVR Age SS OVR Age      
Q Caver 93 24 Q Banks 92 27 JJ Bryan 75 21 T Beekman 80 24      
R Green 74 22 L Eubanks 86 24 G Spicer 72 22 Q Joseph 71 24      
M McCray 65 22 D Langford 83 23 C Jones 64 23            
      A Bush 78 29                  
      T Conrad 76 25                  
      W Roberts 67 23                  
      T Curry 64 23                  

Special Teams                  
K OVR Age P OVR Age                  
A Blizzard 83 30 J Villarreal 85 27                  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Top Prospects Available
# on Board Projection Postion Name Height Weight Age Scout 1 Scout 2 Scout 3 40 Vert Broad 3cone Shuttle Bench
1 Early 1st LT Josh Jarrett 6'5" 319 23 A- RFNS B+ RB B+ PB 1st 1st 2nd 3rd 3rd 3rd
3 Early 1st WR Lamarcus Lindsey 6'0" 194 22 A- CIT B+ DR A- MR 1st 5th 19th 1st 1st 17th
9 Early 1st LG Charlie Kern 6'2" 327 22 A- RFNS A- IB A- RB 1st 1st 4th 2nd 3rd 5th
11 Early 1st LE CJ Marshall 6'5" 297 21 A- TAK B+ BS B+ AWR 1st 28th 3rd 5th 5th 1st

These are the guys who jumped out at me in this draft. Was right about Lindsey, but like you said, overall, weak class.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

These are the guys who jumped out at me in this draft. Was right about Lindsey, but like you said, overall, weak class.

Ya pretty terrible class. I'll get pics up of the guys tomorrow.  I think that WR I took is going to be good. 

CUTS - FINAL 53 ROSTER - YEAR 17

I have to cut 6 players, if they have PS eligibility left they will head there, unless they suck.  I might even make a trade or two.

QB Gabriel Caldwell (61) - CUT - I replaced him.   

TE Rafael Rayford (66) - PS

RT Deon Lawson (65) - CUT - out of PS eligibility.  

RE Calvin Bradham (64) - PS

CB Will Dailey (66) - PS

FS C Jones (65) - CUT 

On 2/8/2020 at 9:42 AM, Danger said:
On 2/8/2020 at 3:35 AM, MKnight82 said:

Ya pretty terrible class. I'll get pics up of the guys tomorrow.  I think that WR I took is going to be good. 

So long as he's playing as an X-type receiver yeah. He's not gonna burn anybody really.

I don't mind slow WRs as much in this game. You can usually count on a couple speed upgrades too if you spend some points in Deep Threat. 90 is fine. I seem to have a much easier time finding these guys than actual good fast guys in this game. 

• 3 weeks later...

TRADE DEADLINE UPDATE

I'm a very impressive 6-1 at the deadline.  I don't need to make any moves, but I have some expiring contracts and can't pay everyone.  I have a logjam on the Oline and can't really afford to pay them all.  

*TRADE*

PIT Steelers Receive

RT E Dye (86)

ARI Cardinals Receive

Steelers 2nd Round Pick

- Ok, this one is tough as he's 86 OVR and only 24 years old.  But, he's only normal dev and Olineman can't gain dev traits.  He wants a $60 mil extension over 4 years.  I can't pay everyone.  I took Dye with a mid 2nd rounder.  I could probably get a 1st rounder for him but IDK if its realistic to take a 1st for a RT.  

*TRADE*

CHI Bears Receive

LG S Smart (78)

ARI Cardinals Receive

Bears 3rd Round Pick

- Smart is not a starter for me, but he has an expiring contract and would be a starter for most teams (he's listed as the #16 best LG in the NFL).  I spent a 4th rounder on him, but I feel like a 3rd for a starter is fair.  

Edited by MKnight82