Madden 20 Franchise - PATCH FIXED IT - WE'RE BACK!

MKnight82

UDFA and OTHER FAs

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (67) - vet QB for a depth role.  I'm hoping he will give me one of those free upgrades to a player vets give during the season.  Last year Andy Dalton upgraded all of my OLine +1000 xp one random week.  

HB Nick Clayton (60) - rookie RB with Hidden dev trait. Receiving back.  

TE Mo Allie Cox (71) - only player in the NFL that played for VCU Basketball.  

TE Kai Clarke (55) - rookie TE with Hidden dev trait.  Possession TE.

LT Cortez Ridgway (60) - Rookie with 86 STR.

RE Nash Baldwin (59) - Rookie DE with Hidden dev trait.  Speed rusher.  

MLB Irvin Windsor (60) - Rookie MLB pass coverage backer.  

CB Desean Verdon (55) - Rookie CB with Hidden dev trait.  Zone defender.  

A lot of these guys are probably heading to the practice squad.  

Edited by MKnight82

CUTS - FINAL 53 ROSTER - YEAR 2

I have to cut 19 players, 10 of those can head to the Practice Squad.  

QB Ryan Finley (58) - CUT - I know he was recently a 4th round pick, but he's terrible in Madden. 

HB Nick Clayton (60) - PS - Hidden dev Rookie.  

HB Trayveon Williams (69) - CUT - RBs are a dime a dozen, and he's an elusive back that isn't very fast.

HB Rodney Anderson (67) - CUT - Perine is a better power back, my rookie FB probably is too.  

WR Allen Lazard (69) - PS - I like his size (6'5" 227 lbs).  He's a Physical redzone WR which I don't really have on the roster.  I want to keep developing him.  

TE Kai Clarke (55) - PS - Hidden dev Rookie.  

TE Isaac Nauta (67) - PS - decent TE prospect.  

LT Cordy Glenn (72) - CUT - He was the last cut I made.  It came down to him or John Miller.  Glenn is older and saves me $9.5 mil in cap space by cutting him.  I didn't think trading him was realistic.  

LT Cortez Ridgeway (60) - PS - I plan on doing a lot of weekly training on Oline. He should benefit.  

LG Michael Jordan (62) - PS - he's really raw.

RE Nash Baldwin (61) - PS - Hidden dev Rookie.  

RE Daeshon Hall (69) - CUT - Didn't want to cut him but ran out of roster spots.  

DT Ryan Glasgow (70) - CUT - he was one of the last cuts I made.  Didn't want to but I couldn't justify carrying 5 DTs.  At 26 he was my oldest DT lol.  

MLB Irvin Windsor (60) - PS - Rookie pass coverage linebacker with speed.

ROLB Skai Moore (66) - PS - Decent young OLB prospect.  

CB BW Webb (69) - CUT - He's 30 years old and not very good.  

CB Desean Verdon (56) - PS - Hidden dev rookie  

K Randy Bullock (74) - CUT - I replaced him in FA.  

P Kevin Huber (64) - CUT - I replaced him in FA.  

TRADE DEADLINE UPDATE - YEAR 2

So my record at the trade deadline is 2-4, looks like I'm heading for another tanking season.  I have some guys that are pending FAs that I'm likely not going to extend.  Those players are SS Shawn Williams (29 years old) and WR John Ross (he's fast but that's it).  I'm not sure either are worth much of anything, and I already have a ton of mid round draft picks right now (which is what they are probably worth) so I'm just going to stand pat at the deadline this year.    

edit - scratch that.  I think I'm going to shop CB William Jackson now.  He wants a $10+ mil per year extension, and he's already 27 years old.  He's only 85 OVR so he's never going to be super elite.  I'll take a hit in the short run by dealing him but I don't think he's worth that money.  

Edited by MKnight82

TRADE

IND Colts Receive

CB William Jackson III (85)

CIN Bengals Receive

Colts 2021 2nd Round Pick

Ok so I was trying to figure out what is fair compensation for Jackson.  Marcus Peters just got salary dumped for practically nothing, but last year he was traded to the Rams for a 2nd and future 4th.  Jalen Ramsey was traded for two first round picks.  Gareon Conley was traded to the Texans for a 3rd.  I think Jackson is probably better than Conley, but obviously not as good as Ramsey or Peters.  So I settled on a single 2nd round pick as fair compensation.  So why the Colts?  They were the only team in the league with enough cap space to trade for him.  

This now gives me three 2nds in the upcoming draft.  I can probably utilize one and some other picks to move up.  

• Like 1

Contract Negotiations

HB Joe Mixon (86) - 4 year deal, $2.2 mil salary, $850k SB, $2.24 Y1 cap hit REJECTED

- Mixon rejected my offer and said he wanted to test FA.  I need to try to retain him in the offseason.  

RE Carl Lawson (84) - 3 year deal, $6.5 mil salary, $4.70 mil SB, $9.55 Y1 cap hit

- After dumping Jackson I don't want to let another core defensive player leave.  He's probably getting overpaid with this deal, but its only for 3 years and he's still only 25 years old.    

LE Derek Wolfe (78) - no offer

- He was brought in as a 1 year stopgap.  He's 30 years old and will continue to regress.

WR John Ross (77) - 3 year deal, $3.5 mil salary, $1.90 mil SB, $4.39 Y1 cap hit

- He's obviously been a bust so far in his career, but this isn't that much money.  He's still stupid fast.  

SS Shawn Williams (77) - no offer

- I plan on upgrading him in the offseason.  

TE Mercedes Lewis (75) - no offer

- Another 1 year filler.  

WR Alex Erickson (73) - no offer

- I have better options on the roster and will also be looking to draft some WRs.  

DT Andrew Brown (71) - 3 year deal, $1.7 mil salary, $700k SB, $1.94 Y1 cap hit

- I have a soft spot for Andrew Brown as I'm a fan of UVA football.  He's also a versatile backup that can play multiple positions and only 24 years old.  

RG Alex Redmond (73) - no offer

- And I thought he was ridiculous last year.  He wants a 1-year $5 mil deal.  He's a freaking 73 OVR guard that isn't even starting for me.  

ROLB Jordan Evans (69) - no offer

- He's pretty mediocre.  I can find better, cheaper depth IMO.  

Edited by MKnight82

End of the Year Standings - Year 2
NFC AFC
Seed Team Record Seed Team Record
1 Bears 12-4 1 Colts 12-4
2 Eagles 11-5 2 Ravens 11-5
3 Cardinals 10-5 -1 3 Broncos 10-5 -1
4 Cowboys 10-6 4 Chiefs 10-6
5 Seahawks 9-6 -1 5 Jaguars 10-6
6 Packers 9-7 6 Steelers 9-7
7 Vikings 9-7 7 Raiders 8-7 -1
8 Buccaneers 8-7 -1 8 Chargers 6-10
9 Falcons 8-7 -1 9 Bengals 6-10
10 Saints 8-8 10 Browns 6-10
11 Rams 7-9 11 Bills 6-10
12 Giants 7-9 12 Jets 6-10
13 49ers 6-10 13 Titans 6-10
14 Redskins 6-10 14 Texans 6-10
15 Panthers 6-10 15 Dolphins 6-10
16 Lions 4-12 16 Patriots 5-11

So I finished 6-10, but there are a million 6-10 teams so I have no idea what that will do to my draft pick.  Lucky for be the Patriots imploded and i have their 2nd round pick.