Week 12 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Mosley  has been good enough in my eyes, that I don't think we need to go Corner until the later rounds of the draft. Between Ku'ann, Mosley, Sherm, Akhello and our 3 notable safeties, I feel (shockingly) ok about the unit moving forward. Really want to see the offensive line addressed first. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, John232 said:

Mosley  has been good enough in my eyes, that I don't think we need to go Corner until the later rounds of the draft. Between Ku'ann, Mosley, Sherm, Akhello and our 3 notable safeties, I feel (shockingly) ok about the unit moving forward. Really want to see the offensive line addressed first. 

Yup. I want to see OL or WR (CeeDee Lamb, come on down!) be our 1st round pick.

• Like 2

The 49ers should hand the Packers a beatdown. Especially defensively. Packers are coming off a bye, but I just feel like the 49ers are a better team. And it's not a division game with a hobbit running around. Only player I'm concerned about honestly is Jimmy. He'll probably have at least one stupid turnover. At least he seems to get a Zenkai after that, and pop off. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yup. I want to see OL or WR (CeeDee Lamb, come on down!) be our 1st round pick.

We could all get drunk and sing,

"Jimmy TD to little Lamb, Jimmy TD to little Lamb. Jimmy TD to little Lamb, who makes all corners slow." 

200.webp?cid=790b761189eb339b3c4aae5fe70

SO glad that this game is not in GB. I hate looking at that stadium; it's like a disturbing cult.. often including the guys in stripes. 

I wonder if this is the game we see Pettis as punt returner and actually use Richie James on offense instead of a few plays. I think Pettis is a better punt returner then James. If we aren't going to use Pettis on offense might as well get some use out of him. Packers are the 2nd worse special teams unit. Who knows maybe Pettis takes one to the house. 

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I wonder if this is the game we see Pettis as punt returner and actually use Richie James on offense instead of a few plays. I think Pettis is a better punt returner then James. If we aren't going to use Pettis on offense might as well get some use out of him. Packers are the 2nd worse special teams unit. Who knows maybe Pettis takes one to the house. 

I would like this if only for the reason I am tired of seeing RJ head for the sideline instead of open field...is it just me? I keep thinking RJ could take it the other way and get better results, but he seems to always hug the closest sideline. o.O

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Small sample size, but Pettis has largely been able to even muck up his opportunities doing that. He's only got 9 career returns (James has 40), but I know that he's muffed a couple, and he averages a whopping 3 yards per return. I feel like even when they have given him the opportunity to do just that, he hasn't been able to take advantage. I think there's a reason we stick with James back there. 

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

I would like this if only for the reason I am tired of seeing RJ head for the sideline instead of open field...is it just me? I keep thinking RJ could take it the other way and get better results, but he seems to always hug the closest sideline. o.O

I mentioned it very briefly in passing during the podcast we recorded yesterday, but the return he had sunday was one of the worst I have ever seen just from a "what in the world are you doing" perspective lol. I mean, it was bad. There was literally nobody around him when he caught the ball, and if he just went straight ahead, it's probably an 8-10 yard return, even if he doesn't break out. Instead, he took 2 steps and then seriously started running laterally. It was confounding. 

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:
It's a hard requirement that at minimum 1 of Kittle/Sanders/Deebo should play at all times. 

Yes yes.

.. and I don't want to see Pettis handle something as important as PR. Just no trust left, and I don't want us to get in a bind via STs blunder. Keep James doing it, drill into him to take no glaring risks, and keep hoping for the best. And any chance of a KR from out of the EZ should be avoided. Just not worth it, as the penalties or fumbles to bury us won't make up for some 5 or 10 yard beneficial starting spot. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

You should try telling Richard Sherman he's lost a step. And that Rodgers is going to pick on him.

I already did that in week one where I put him on blast after the penalties. That's why his current year's play has been so high after that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, the types of receptions he was allowing had to do with just his technique or just getting beat. Like he has one flaw where he allows a lot of slants with his technique. And then he allowed a big crosser to Cooper on Sunday which just happens....Btw, hell of a throw by Murray! 

What I've loved about Moseley is how he plays the deep ball and doesn't panic one bit even when the receiver has a step on him. That is very impressive, even with him being so young. Definitely happy about his future and him pairing up with Spoon for hopefully the next few years. 

Edit: Crock breaks it down here:

But aside from that small flaw, he's been so so good. Hoping Saleh finds ways to get him on the field.

I love Moseley's tackling. I loved him on special teams early on in the season, he'd always crush returners. Then when he replaced Spoon, he brought his tackling to the defense. He's looked like one of our most reliable tacklers, to be honest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, the types of receptions he was allowing had to do with just his technique or just getting beat. Like he has one flaw where he allows a lot of slants with his technique. And then he allowed a big crosser to Cooper on Sunday which just happens....Btw, hell of a throw by Murray! 

What I've loved about Moseley is how he plays the deep ball and doesn't panic one bit even when the receiver has a step on him. That is very impressive, even with him being so young. Definitely happy about his future and him pairing up with Spoon for hopefully the next few years. 

Edit: Crock breaks it down here:

But aside from that small flaw, he's been so so good. Hoping Saleh finds ways to get him on the field.

Meh, those are nuanced details any young CB will improve on with more experience. Spoon still has issues staying in-phase, out of his jam when in press-man.... neither guy is perfect every snap. Overall though, I believe some of the catches Moseley has given in the last 3 weeks has been a by product of the types of QBs he's faced and less about his ability or technique. Maybe not on that particular route highlighted above. But overall in trying to contain two very slippery QBs who buy alot time with their feet to locate secondary targets when coverage breaks down.

• Like 1