Week 12 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

dunno about flukey. 

I think Shanny, week to week, just devises clever plays that he knows are game-buster successes... whether huge gainers or clutch chain movers.

He holds them close, but doesn't use em until he feels it's time to unleash. Conjures up variations of them.. shows a few looks.. then whops out the same look but with a deadly wrinkle added. 

Some of this was already mentioned here and there.. so I don't claim it as my own grand revelation.... only that I agree with it. 

Flukey in terms of the low amount of plays we ran. We won't allow teams to run 30+ more plays than us often. 

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Flukey in terms of the low amount of plays we ran. We won't allow teams to run 30+ more plays than us often. 

Agreed. Don’t think the plan was to get the ball on the 2 and score in one play. Before our end of game 10 play drive, our other scoring drives were drives of 1, 7, 7, 3, 4, and 2 plays. That’s not normal for this team. 

9 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Agreed. Don’t think the plan was to get the ball on the 2 and score in one play. Before our end of game 10 play drive, our other scoring drives were drives of 1, 7, 7, 3, 4, and 2 plays. That’s not normal for this team. 

but think about how much our improved downfield passing game is going to take the heat off our run game. 

I mean, teams have been stacking the box against us for like 15 years. Its nice to be able to beat teams deep when they do this. 

Kittle's route on that touchdown was beautiful. He put the S in the spin cycle! Im sure once the all 22 film comes out in a day or two that someone will post a video on twitter. It was a triple move. 

I think we knew our defense was going to strangle them and once we got a lead, Jimmy was told to be safe and not turn it over to give them life. I like that he knows when to be aggressive and when to be conservative. His situational awareness is phenomenal 

23 minutes ago, N4L said:

but think about how much our improved downfield passing game is going to take the heat off our run game. 

I mean, teams have been stacking the box against us for like 15 years. Its nice to be able to beat teams deep when they do this. 

Kittle's route on that touchdown was beautiful. He put the S in the spin cycle! Im sure once the all 22 film comes out in a day or two that someone will post a video on twitter. It was a triple move. 

I think we knew our defense was going to strangle them and once we got a lead, Jimmy was told to be safe and not turn it over to give them life. I like that he knows when to be aggressive and when to be conservative. His situational awareness is phenomenal 

Oh I’m not complaining! Would much rather have quick drives to blow out a team and get our second team defense out there for some late snaps. By all means, I’m not complaining, just agreeing that it was a bit of a fluke that led to such a big disparity in plays. I don’t think we’ll have too many games with such short drives. 

Congratulations on the Sunday Night beatdown of the Packers!  Even though the Vikings had a bye and I didn't get to see one of their games this weekend, your demolition of the Packers did a great job of filling the void.  Your team looks AWESOME, and I'm not looking forward to the prospect of traveling through San Fran on the road to the Super Bowl.  You guys are going to be a beast for any team in the NFC to have to face.  Best of luck the rest of the way. 

• Like 4

This thought just hit me....

Everyone...even our own fanbase, seems to have forgotten that we have not played a single down with our #1 RB in two years!

Can you IMAGINE how much more lethal our offense would be with a healthy McKinnon??

The plays in the passing game his abilities would have added to this offense. Hard to miss a guy who has never taken a meaningful snap for you but to think about what the trio of McKinnon, Breida & Coleman could be doing to opposing defenses is a scary thought. Sucks we'll never get to see him in this offense at same time though...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Everyone...even our own fanbase, seems to have forgotten that we have not played a single down with our #1 RB in two years!

Can you IMAGINE how much more lethal our offense would be with a healthy McKinnon??

The plays in the passing game his abilities would have added to this offense. Hard to miss a guy who has never taken a meaningful snap for you but to think about what the trio of McKinnon, Breida & Coleman could be doing to opposing defenses is a scary thought. Sucks we'll never get to see him in this offense at same time though...

I’m not sure if he will ever be the “Jet” he once was....

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Never thought he was that good. And always thought he was on par with Breida heading into last season. Think he'd be no different than what Coleman has given us. Safe to say I wasn't one of those hyped up by his signing. Feel bad for him though cuz he definitely could help us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Pretty amazing job Lynch has done acquiring depth, but I totally agree that seeing McKinnon in this offense would have been a real treat. Probably would have meant no Jeff Wilson though and I love that he's on this roster. 

2 hours ago, sherm said:

Never thought he was that good. And always thought he was on par with Breida heading into last season. Think he'd be no different than what Coleman has given us. Safe to say I wasn't one of those hyped up by his signing. Feel bad for him though cuz he definitely could help us. 

He is not as hard of a runner as Coleman, but he is more versatile catching passes out of the backfield.  He was very good as a dual threat back.

6 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I hated that signing and I think breida is a more talented runner. Better feet and vision, same speed, less power. I'll take better feet and vision over power 100/100

We miss him in the screen game, that much I will grant you. 

I really wanted to draft a RB this year who was a really good receiver out of the backfield. I know it's not going to happen but Kareem hunt for what we are paying Coleman would be a nice upgrade. 

Probably won't draft a RB this year either onsidering the picks we have.