Week 12 GDT - Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sherman is playing better than he did last season and Rodgers still didn't look his way. Really the only three QBs that have targeted him have been Winston, Mayfield and Murray. Even Wilson didn't look his direction much at all. The man is on pace to allow under 300 yards which is pretty insane. 

Spoon will definitely get more targets as Rodgers will want to test him since he will likely be some what rusty. But I'm fine with that. QBs are either 6-19 or 5-18 throwing in his direction this season. He may even come up with a INT if Rodgers tries to go at him one too many times. Honestly, I expect our secondary to play well. What it's going to come down to is how much we can contain both their backs in the run and pass game. The Packers KILLED the Chiefs with a bunch of quick passes to Jones. Being without Alexander, we are a bit vulnerable in that area. If we limit the run we should A-okay. 

Then they ran those double moves with him and he straight killed them on those.

I listen to the "Locked on 49ers" podcast every day. This week on their "crossover" episode the host of "Locked on Packers" was pretty confident with the match up on both sides. Saying Rodgers will give the D trouble and it will be hard for the offensive to move on the Packers D. 

I personally feel more confident with Jimmy and the offense moving on the Pack's D then the 49ers D stopping Rodgers. I mean when your that good, it's hard for any D to stop you. He's slippery (not as much as Wilson) but the extending of the plays seems to be weakness. 

I think I say this about every game but with the upcoming road games and with the Saints being the better of the two games, getting this win would be huge so that a 1-2 or 2-1 down the stretch won't destroy them. 

It's going to be close though that is one thing we can bet on. 

Edited by 49ers2015

19 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

The 49ers should hand the Packers a beatdown. Especially defensively. Packers are coming off a bye, but I just feel like the 49ers are a better team. And it's not a division game with a hobbit running around. Only player I'm concerned about honestly is Jimmy. He'll probably have at least one stupid turnover. At least he seems to get a Zenkai after that, and pop off. 

When I first read this I though you meant Jimmy Graham, and concluded you must be drunk.  

14 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

he looks good to me...

He's not even running full speed and it's against air, it doesn't show us as much as we would all hope it would. 

It was encouraging though and the cuts he made looked good (to be fair though I did say he has a sprained MCL which would not affect cutting or lateral movement with his knee, so it doesn't mean he's fully recovered) 

54 minutes ago, N4L said:

He's not even running full speed and it's against air, it doesn't show us as much as we would all hope it would. 

It was encouraging though and the cuts he made looked good (to be fair though I did say he has a sprained MCL which would not affect cutting or lateral movement with his knee, so it doesn't mean he's fully recovered) 

I think just the fact that he is at practice, is a good sign. He hasn't praticed in two weeks I believe. Shanny is a stickler for guys being able to practice before playing. Even if you're limited or non-contact.

• Like 2

From all the beatwriters, it sure sounds like Kittle, Sanders, and Samuel will be back at it on Sunday night, unless there are injury setbacks.

I'm just going off of the general tenor, though. Hope may very well be a dangerous thing, but it's a better feeling than dread. :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N4L said:

As the main part of practice is not open to beat writers, no video we can get from a November practice is going to show us as much as we all hope it would. This is as good as it's going to get in that regard. 

The hopeful part is the knowledge that he wasn't doing this the last two weeks, and none of the injured guys do this until they are close to returning as they are doing rehab work on a side field. 

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/11/21/20976217/rodgers-on-the-49ers-weve-got-to-beat-them-once-at-their-place-at-some-point

Rodgers on 49ers: We've got to beat them once at their place at some point.

Rodgers: We’re all aware of where we’re at in the seeding going into Week 12 and what’s in front of us and the opportunities. There’s still a lot of football to be played and a lot can happen. I think you’re just in denial if you don’t think about the implications with a ‘Dub’ or an ‘L’ this week and how that affects stuff down the line. That’s why I said, the way we look at it, we’re going to have to win there one time the rest of the year. It would be nice to get it done this week.

Seems like Rodgers thinks the 49ers will end up as the #1 seed. That would be quite the turn around from last year. 

• Like 1

The Packers are a good team, the 49'ers are a good team.  Both teams will be dialed in and focused for this game.  The Packers haven't been in a few of their games this year.  They will be here.  The winner of this game is the better team.  Road game or not for the Packers.  Ford or not for the 9'ers.

I will say, IF the Packers can not make the big dance this year, I'll be cheering for the 9'ers all the way.