How do you fix the Bengals?

indifference

9 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

I would lobby to change the NFL rules to force teams to play their logos instead of regular players.  A full team of bengal tigers vs a team of steelworkers armed with arc welders, grinders and hard hats would be much more competitive than the current format.  That said, Mike Brown will somehow find a way to lose to a team full of Rams.

Bunch of brown crayons or buckets of paint wouldn’t stand a chance though. 

• Like 1

If you think there is a franchise qb draft him. Make sure you provide him with an oline and some weapons. So dont trade guys on offense unless someone overpays and get some starters in fa.

On defense anybody that isnt going to be around when your qb's contract will be up for renewal is available for trade. Aqcuire as much draft capital as you can and go bpa after the qb pick.

Assuming the qb is the right pick you now have ensured that he has a situation where he can develop without gettjng killed. Then it will take a year or 2 before the D is up to par.

Ok, so I want to give my honest to god answer here after joking around about ownership:

#1 - AJ Green, non-exclusive franchise tag.  Why?  I believe there to be 2-3 teams with minimal 1st round needs but AJ Green would alter the future for.  Colts, Patriots, Niners right off the bat.  A little further down but an interesting thing to think about: Miami.  This is a best of both worlds for Cincy IMO, either Green gets an offer and you effectively trade him, or he doesn't and you get a guy to help set up the future for.

#2 - Cut Andy Dalton.  This is sorta a "no duh" to me.  Hot take: Tyler Eifert too.

#3 - Invest in the OL.  Don't be cheap.  They've continually drafted OL and it hasn't really worked.  Throw moneyu at guys like Bulaga, Scherff, Peat.  Get behind letting Mixon get the ball and run it hard.

#4 - Get yourself a "transition" LB.  Someone that you play rotationally, but will really be an extra coach on the field for you like Sean Lee.

#5 - Give out a few "prove it" 3 year deals at CB.  Guys that if you front load the contract would buy in, then if it works you get some extra years from.

#6 - This one is going to seem a little nuts but bear with me.  You are slotted for pick #1 right now.  As of right now, Burrow is slotted for number 1.  I would take from Miami their projected #4 and #16 via Miami.  At #4 take 1 of these 3: Jeudy, Thomas, Young.  Then get yourself into the #8-10 range and take Tua.  Where this would be really interesting is if they manage to get say, the Niners 1st for Green, and you take Cameron Dantzler.  This would give you 3 key players at 3 key positions moving forward.

• Like 1

I'm not so convinced on Burrow being more than a good manager.

I agree on trading down. This team needs draft capital because worthwhile fa's won't come until there is talent.

As is with 7 picks there's no magic pill. But if you pick an impact player you are going to attract fa's next year.

So I'd go with Chase Young instead of reaching for qb or going wr, ot that may not have much an impact.

If able to acquire a few cbs and lbs and the defense at that point will give you a better shot at helping a qb progress. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 10:09 AM, warfelg said:

Ok, so I want to give my honest to god answer here after joking around about ownership:

#1 - AJ Green, non-exclusive franchise tag.  Why?  I believe there to be 2-3 teams with minimal 1st round needs but AJ Green would alter the future for.  Colts, Patriots, Niners right off the bat.  A little further down but an interesting thing to think about: Miami.  This is a best of both worlds for Cincy IMO, either Green gets an offer and you effectively trade him, or he doesn't and you get a guy to help set up the future for.

#2 - Cut Andy Dalton.  This is sorta a "no duh" to me.  Hot take: Tyler Eifert too.

#3 - Invest in the OL.  Don't be cheap.  They've continually drafted OL and it hasn't really worked.  Throw moneyu at guys like Bulaga, Scherff, Peat.  Get behind letting Mixon get the ball and run it hard.

#4 - Get yourself a "transition" LB.  Someone that you play rotationally, but will really be an extra coach on the field for you like Sean Lee.

#5 - Give out a few "prove it" 3 year deals at CB.  Guys that if you front load the contract would buy in, then if it works you get some extra years from.

#6 - This one is going to seem a little nuts but bear with me.  You are slotted for pick #1 right now.  As of right now, Burrow is slotted for number 1.  I would take from Miami their projected #4 and #16 via Miami.  At #4 take 1 of these 3: Jeudy, Thomas, Young.  Then get yourself into the #8-10 range and take Tua.  Where this would be really interesting is if they manage to get say, the Niners 1st for Green, and you take Cameron Dantzler.  This would give you 3 key players at 3 key positions moving forward.

I understand Tyler Eifert has been banged up, well, forever but it seems like he's on pace this season to play 16 games for the first time ever.

My question to you all... he is a shell of his former self or do you think he still has some talent / a redemption story in him?

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I understand Tyler Eifert has been banged up, well, forever but it seems like he's on pace this season to play 16 games for the first time ever.

My question to you all... he is a shell of his former self or do you think he still has some talent / a redemption story in him?

He's finally starting to show the effects of his age and injuries. He's still a good player, but not the Eifert of a few years ago. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 5:23 PM, waterfish_21 said:

I would lobby to change the NFL rules to force teams to play their logos instead of regular players.  A full team of bengal tigers vs a team of steelworkers armed with arc welders, grinders and hard hats would be much more competitive than the current format.  That said, Mike Brown will somehow find a way to lose to a team full of Rams.

I wasn't born in Texas, but I do identify as a Texan. This could be my shot!

@Forge! Bring me Saquan!

On 11/24/2019 at 11:09 AM, warfelg said:

I'm on board with all that except #6. A) because it strikes me as getting too cute and maybe missing on a QB altogether B) because the Bengals don't know how to make that many trades in a single draft day lol. 

Hire Lincoln Riley as HC
Cut Dalton (Or try to trade him to Denver). Sign Mariota or some other average QB to a 1 year deal in FA, let them guide you to a top 5 pick next year. Or sign Bridgewater if he hits FA, and potentially be good as quickly as next season.
Sign 2 OL in FA
Sign 2 DB's and a DT in FA
Draft Chase Young #1
Draft more OL, a WR, and some LB's, just not David Woodward, because he's going to the Eagles.
Draft a QB in 2021 if Cinci doesn't get Teddy.
I'm pretty sure Cinci has a ton of cap. They need to spend it. And let AJ walk. This is a 2 year rebuild, and he deserves to go chase a ring elsewhere.

Edited by Jeezla