How do you fix the Bengals?

indifference

5 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Not even joking, if Jason Garrett turns this Sunday into a repeat of the 2014 Seahawk game, ole' Jerruh might get that nostalgic glory-hole twinkle in his eye and re-up Jason.  Stephen Jones has been working out, though, so maybe he can finally shove his Daddy through the wall this time and prevent that from happening.   Please, Belichick....just finish it. 

Blasphemy! Go wash your mouth out with soap. 10 year extension,  10!!😉

20 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

The first and most important first step is that Smitty Bacall needs to win the Survivor Pool, that's the spark to get this fire lit in Cincy

Me winning it two years ago didn't seem to help :D

Here's the steps:

1. Draft Joe Burrow #1
  2. Draft a RT/LT to pair with Jonah Williams at #33
  3. Cut Cordy Glenn, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Andy Dalton, this along with open cap and roll over cap gives the Bengals $120 million in cap space
  4. Sign the top G in FA, overpay and make them the highest paid G in the league if necessary.
  5. Sign the top LB in FA, overpay to get it done
  6. Re-sign Trey Hopkins, Darqueze Dennard, and franchise AJ Green if an extension can't be worked out.
  7. Blackmail Mike Brown into selling me the team
  8. Fire everyone associated with the Brown family (sorry Paul, it has to happen)
  9. Quintuple the size of the scouting department
  10. Invest in a new state of the art indoor practice facility
  11. ...........
  12. Profits
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Here's the steps:

1. Draft Joe Burrow #1
  3. Cut Cordy Glenn, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Andy Dalton, this along with open cap and roll over cap gives the Bengals $120 million in cap space
  4. Sign the top G in FA, overpay and make them the highest paid G in the league if necessary.
  6. Re-sign Trey Hopkins, Darqueze Dennard, and franchise AJ Green if an extension can't be worked out.
  8. Fire everyone associated with the Brown family (sorry Paul, it has to happen)
  11. ...........
  12. Profits

11. Fire Jim Turner

I’d definitely fix one side of the ball first and try to give the team an identity. Since I’m drafting Burrow I would try to fix the offense. Add more offensive lineman. Bring in Joe Brady from LSU to continue working with burrow at the next level. Add a speedy threat at WR in the event John Ross inevitably goes down again. Then I’m fixing the defense in 2021

24 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Here's the steps:

1. Draft Joe Burrow #1
  11. ...........
  12. Profits

Can you afford the team?

25 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Here's the steps:

1. Draft Joe Burrow #1
  11. ...........
  12. Profits

#7/8 needs to be moved up to #1/2

• Like 2

On 11/20/2019 at 1:19 PM, indifference said:

If you’re the GM and calling personnel shots...

how would you get them in the right direction? They’ll likely be taking QB at pick 1 but after that Im not even sure where to start.

OL OL than OL that were all team should start after the QB. Protect the investment. Just a example ( it only a example so don't freak out with Browns rants).

Baker sucks this year. How can this happen with all these stars on offense. You all know the answer OL,OL, OL!

Here what you need 1989 SB like OL

• Anthony Muñoz
  • Bruce Reimers
  • Bruce Kozerski
  • Max Montoya
  • Brian Blados

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

I would lobby to change the NFL rules to force teams to play their logos instead of regular players.  A full team of bengal tigers vs a team of steelworkers armed with arc welders, grinders and hard hats would be much more competitive than the current format.  That said, Mike Brown will somehow find a way to lose to a team full of Rams.