Week 12 GDT: The OJ's vs The Broncos

Trentwannabe

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm all for extending Shaq Lawson. He's come on strong over last few games. Been generating pressure and great against the run.

Murphy and Hughes could be odd men out at this point 

I will be curious to see what kind of deal Lawson gets from either us or on the open market. 

I think Yannick becomes the highest paid DE on a long-term deal with Clowney coming in right behind him.

Arik Armstead, Chris Jones and Shaq Lawson all hitting the market too may allow us to get a hometown discount as their will be plenty of options for teams. 

As of right now though I would prioritize Jordan Phillips first. Although they are likely 1a and 1b with Quinton Spain 3rd.

5 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I will be curious to see what kind of deal Lawson gets from either us or on the open market. 

I think Yannick becomes the highest paid DE on a long-term deal with Clowney coming in right behind him.

Arik Armstead, Chris Jones and Shaq Lawson all hitting the market too may allow us to get a hometown discount as their will be plenty of options for teams. 

As of right now though I would prioritize Jordan Phillips first. Although they are likely 1a and 1b with Quinton Spain 3rd.

This may be irrelevant but come free agency time, if Shaq doesnt resign and we go after a veteran I wouldnt be surprised if we looked at Arik Armstead. His fiance is a doctor here in Buffalo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

With 80 million in cap space and minimal tied up in Josh Allen and Devin Singletary. I'd imagine Lawson and Phillips will chew up 25 of it.

Both should be extended imo as no brainers.

Edited by BillsGuy82

7 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

With 80 million in cap space and minimal tied up in Josh Allen and Devin Singletary. I'd imagine Lawson and Phillips will chew up 25 of it.

Both should be extended imo as no brainers.

I agree. Though we need to be mindful of our secondary all needing new deals sooner than later and Milano as early as this off-season if we wanted too.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:28 AM, BillsGuy82 said:

I'm all for extending Shaq Lawson. He's come on strong over last few games. Been generating pressure and great against the run.

Murphy and Hughes could be odd men out at this point 

Lawson is someone that it is price related if he wants over 10 mil a year let him walk hes not worth it. Hughes isnt going anywhere with his cap hit being more then his salary next year wouldnt make sense. Murphy is good as gone no matter what happens as he is not worth his price tag and they can easily go get someone out there that can actually get 10+ sacks a game. The bills need a legit pass rusher and even though Lawson has shown flashes he is still inconsistent. 

On 11/25/2019 at 8:08 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I would put Quinton Spain over all 3 and here is why continuing to keep the oline is always a top priority and he has shown that as weeks go on Allen is getting more and more time to throw the ball and stay in the pocket. With Phillips yes it is nice that he has stepped up but keep in mind the bills just spent the 9th overall pick on Oliver and he has started to come in to his own as well the past couple of weeks. Losing Phillips would be a blow but not as aa big of a blow as Spain as he has anchored in with Dawkins on the left side. I do not see why they would let him walk as he has been playing 100% of the snaps each game minus the one where he got injured and missed the rest of the game. Lawson to me flashes some talent then is inconsistent at times, his asking price has to fit what the bills want to pay him. I am not sure about you guys but I am tired of watching that guy celebrate on every tackle or sack he makes and it cost the bills a penalty in Miami as he didnt get off the field after making a play which put 12 men on the field. I know your pumped but get back to the line to do that or pay attention to whats going on because it can cost the team a time out or yards.