The Season - an outlook after week 1

KC_Guy

7 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Houston on the road may be the toughest game so far. It's doable. So, do it.

J

No way. New England, on the road, first game of the season is as hard as it gets. Houston are beatable. Tough, but beatable.

17 hours ago, kempus said:

No way. New England, on the road, first game of the season is as hard as it gets. Houston are beatable. Tough, but beatable.

I disagree. New England does not have its act together yet, much less in game one. By the end of the season, that will probably be different. In contrast, Houston has gelled behind their new QB and JJ Watt. Houston is a dangerous team to play anywhere.

That said, we can do it. We just need to get it done.

J

6 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I disagree. New England does not have its act together yet, much less in game one. By the end of the season, that will probably be different. In contrast, Houston has gelled behind their new QB and JJ Watt. Houston is a dangerous team to play anywhere.

That said, we can do it. We just need to get it done.

J

Rookie QB and depleated JJ Watt. I would take that over Brady any day.

On 10/3/2017 at 7:35 PM, chiefs82 said:

"Next week: Ehinger back
Week 6: Morse?
Week 7: Steven Nelson?
Week 8: Tamba Hali?
Lots of help on the way in coming weeks for Chiefs."

I'm really looking forward to whenever we get Steven Nelson back, more than anything else. Imagine, a Chiefs secondary where Phillip Gaines isn't even in our dime package...

Also, Ehinger was not even listed on the injury report today, for anyone curious. Morse, Ford, and LDT all did not practice.

7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I'm really looking forward to whenever we get Steven Nelson back, more than anything else. Imagine, a Chiefs secondary where Phillip Gaines isn't even in our dime package...

Also, Ehinger was not even listed on the injury report today, for anyone curious. Morse, Ford, and LDT all did not practice.

If LDT can play, Ehinger isn't playing, even if healthy. Witzmann has been solid at LG and I doubt Ehinger starts over him. Overall, I feel the interior OL has been good this year. The tackles have been the problem, especially Schwartz who's been atrocious this year

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

If LDT can play, Ehinger isn't playing, even if healthy. Witzmann has been solid at LG and I doubt Ehinger starts over him. Overall, I feel the interior OL has been good this year. The tackles have been the problem, especially Schwartz who's been atrocious this year

Most of the comments point to Witzmann being the weak link. That said, he has settled into the role.

By FBO rankings, we have played the eighth toughest schedule, to date. The Texans are top 10, so the difficulty will likely increase. The point is that we have been throwing both lines to the wolves every weak but week one--the Patriots #22. They are rated as a soft point of our schedule to date, partly because of the way we thumped them. That said, also partly because of game one, the Pats have the #1 hardest schedule so far.

J

KCGuy was right. We sit 5-0 going into the Pittsburgh game. It was costly and the teams we faced were better than anticipated, but here we are. 

Next up is the #2 team on FBO's list--The Pittsburgh Steelers. Without considering last season's playoffs, this would be big. The Steelers have the best quartet of skill players in the NFL, with TE Jesse James an often overlooked asset. Defensively, they have been showing shades of the great defenses of the past. The one bit of good news is that they have done this against the what FBO calls the weakest schedule in the league going into game 5. 

This game is in Arrowhead. We are playing well. It's doable, so do it.

J

The FBO weekly update is out. Pitt is #4. Washington, Philly and Houston are #2, #3 and #6. Not surprisingly, our strength of schedule is #10 (the Redskins are #1). Pittsburgh SoS is #25. Past game 6 we have one of the easier schedules in the league, according to FBO.

J

18 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The FBO weekly update is out. Pitt is #4. Washington, Philly and Houston are #2, #3 and #6. Not surprisingly, our strength of schedule is #10 (the Redskins are #1). Pittsburgh SoS is #25. Past game 6 we have one of the easier schedules in the league, according to FBO.

J

The easier parts are definitely ahead. We've already beaten the top half of the NFC East. Probably the best team in the AFC East. The remainder of those divisions (Dallas, New York, New York, Miami, and Buffalo) will be far easier for us to handle. And if we get even one game against the Raiders with out Carr, that's a huge help too. I really thought going into the season we'd be hitting the bye at like 4-5 and having to rebound with the late easy stretch. Kind of nice to blow through the toughest games early, have some safer games late if we need to rest guys or have some iffy guys take another week to recover from injury.

Archived