Offseason Work to do

mwalker

2 hours ago, mwalker said:

TE Hunter Henry is a FA in 2020. He's never been used as well as he could in San Diego.
I know he blew his ACL this season, but he's a very interesting player.

I think he'll be way too expensive. I'd love to have him, though. I think the TE draft class is pretty strong despite not having a true 1st round caliber TE. Might bode well for us.

• Like 1

Honestly this COULDA be a 'get right' offseason but it wont be.

To get right they need to commit to cutting Foster, moving on from Pouncey, Moving on from Alejandro Villeneuva, trading Mason Rudolph for whatever they can get, maybe (depending on how he plays through the rest of the season) also trading Hodges for whatever they can get. Cut Barron, Chickillo.

Start rebuilding at those positions. Yes I said rebuiild.

It makes me sick to think we passed on Lamar Jackson for Terrell Edmunds.

23 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly this COULDA be a 'get right' offseason but it wont be.

To get right they need to commit to cutting Foster, moving on from Pouncey, Moving on from Alejandro Villeneuva, trading Mason Rudolph for whatever they can get, maybe (depending on how he plays through the rest of the season) also trading Hodges for whatever they can get. Cut Barron, Chickillo.

Start rebuilding at those positions. Yes I said rebuiild.

It makes me sick to think we passed on Lamar Jackson for Terrell Edmunds.

Nah...

• Like 4

After watching Baltimore physically beat up the Rams last night and knocking off New England and Houston easily.......

We have a LONG way to go even if Ben comes back healthy. And it starts with our Oline they have been bad this year we need

to draft and maybe add a FA. On Offense it all starts up front!

• Like 1

Matchups matchups matchups

JJSS is the only matchup nightmare that we have.

Other guys are good, but we need more hot sauce on this team. Crazy athletic speedy guys. Kansas City and Baltimore and even Cleveland have multiple playmakers.

These kind of players are never available in free agency, so we must find some lightning in a bottle dudes in the draft. We need multiple players (TE, RB, WR) and we don't have a first round pick so we can't just pick the most obvious guys. Who is your speed demon, shifty guy or athletic freak that can help our offense to feel dangerous?

WR: Devonta Smith Bama, Jalen Reagor TCU, Tylan Wallace Oklahoma State

TE: ?

RB: Travis Etienne Clemson, J.K. Dobbins Ohio St, Chuba Hubbard Oklahoma State

Who do you like?

WR - it's one of the best classes for a long time.
NFL scout said it's the best he's seen in his 20 something years.

(too early for us) J.Jeudy, C.Lamb, H.Ruggs,

(maybe around, likely not) L.Shenault, J.Reagor,

(likely around) D.Smith, B.Aiyuk, K.Hamler (but he's tiny), T.Wallace, K.Hill

(mid to later) D.Deuvernay, C.Rambo

A couple other guys that are interesting height/speed guys - K.Rogers TA&M, and  G.Davis, UCF

There are some very interesting strong, position types, but feel like we have that covered (T.Higgins, T.Johnson, A.Gandy-Golden, J.Jefferson, B.Edwards)

TE - it's an ok class, not great.

B. Hopkins, possibly A.Okwuegbunam or C.Parkinson

(I actually think J.Pinkney is a better all round TE, but speed isn't his thing)

RB: - I can't see us picking someone early here, but...

T.Etienne, D.Swift, C.Hubbard - are the true speed dudes

• Like 2

16 hours ago, oksteeler said:

Other guys are good, but we need more hot sauce on this team. Crazy athletic speedy guys. Kansas City and Baltimore and even Cleveland have multiple playmakers.

Its nice to have players like that but if your OLine stinks it doesn't help you.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, wwhickok said:

You say no, but let's be real, sooner or later what I just suggested is going to happen. AV is mediocre at LT, he has not earned a big contract but he will get overpaid in Pittsburgh, continuing our cap hell tradition.

I don’t think any actual rebuilding can be done while paying Ben as much as we are. I agree with everything you said pretty much. AV is mediocre, Foster is too, Pouncey is way overpaid. But we’re not flushing this turd until Ben is ready.

2 hours ago, Lambert44 said:

Its nice to have players like that but if your OLine stinks it doesn't help you.

Our line is as good as anybody’s pretty much. Ben gets crapped on a lot(I do a lot and he deserves it) but he makes the line look better than it was. Nobody respects our passing so they stack the box and Mason and Hodges can’t make them pay. We can’t run for the same reason. Yes our OC is bad, yes our line has probably regressed due to age and Munch, yes we’ve had injuries, but Ben being out crushed the offense. Also, I know he’s a bad word around here but we really miss AB too. I think Ben and AB were so in synch in was a truly symbiotic relationship.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert44 said:

I agree, but we are going to have to address more than just the OL in the draft/offseason.

Deuvernay (TEX) has good hands, but he is not the breakaway threat that would spice up the offense.

Rambo (OU) is incredible, he literally is always open when he runs deep, even against double coverage. I don't think he will leave for the draft this year.

I do love Smith (Bama) and Wallace (Ok St) as guys with wild speed that are both mismatches for defenders.

As for the idea of using a high pick on a RB, why not? We need more than one game breaker. Also, a dominant running game would allow us to win a few more games with our defense, which thankfully is finally on the rise. Do we want to have another 4-5 game stretch without Conner? Plus this could also be the Darren Sproles type that could be a RB, slot, return man.

I don't care to draft another blocking TE. Those guys are available as UDFA.

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Any explosive playmaker on offense...regardless of position...is needed...TE might be the biggest need of those.

Yea, I think we need in injection of 'get loose' on O. We have some solid, possession types,
but we need some ankle breakers. I think we still need a number 2 WR that is quick as. For me,
Johnson's best future is in the slot, JuJu on the other side.

I'm torn on how best to solve it all. What I basically come down to with so few picks is we need
to add one solid interior offensive and one solid interior defensive player, for sure. We could use
speed at WR, a TE and possibly some edge depth. We could also use a CB and ILB, but...

QB, I think is a 2021 thing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Yea, I think we need in injection of 'get loose' on O. We have some solid, possession types,
but we need some ankle breakers. I think we still need a number 2 WR that is quick as. For me,
Johnson's best future is in the slot, JuJu on the other side.

I'm torn on how best to solve it all. What I basically come down to with so few picks is we need
to add one solid interior offensive and one solid interior defensive player, for sure. We could use
speed at WR, a TE and possibly some edge depth. We could also use a CB and ILB, but...

QB, I think is a 2021 thing. 

I think the WR's could be legit, lets see how Duck gets these WR's stats and if the OC will allow any of it.  AJ Green would be a good offseason signing, but no cap left as usual anyways. 

If they keep Hargrave, then they don't actually "need" a solid DT asap, since Tuitt will return.  The OL could be more important , wait to see how that all goes. No idea what will happen, just wait to see what they have in mind. Even Dupree right now, I don't know what type of deal he will get offered but I expect him to join the smiths.  Remember, TJ Watt will need a new deal soonB|