Offseason Work to do

mwalker

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If they dont cut Foster and Barron and they pick up Vances option, Bud ain't coming back 

If they are not outright cutting Vance, im guessing they have a pretty good read on s long term deal for Dupree with a low year 1 cap hit.

Cause if they didn’t and needed to tag him, there is no way they could afford it without cutting him with the tag being $16 mill IIRC.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 5:12 PM, 3rivers said:

no details, but once again we will learn about this  injury next year or so. I still don't know what happened to pouncey either, not sure if it matters anymore anyways.

It has come out that he had sports hernia surgery.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Serious question, should we bring Cardale Jones into camp?

They’ll bring in somebody but Colbert’s commentsakebit seem like they are ok with their current depth....probably just add another UDFA. into camp.

3 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

They’ll bring in somebody but Colbert’s commentsakebit seem like they are ok with their current depth....probably just add another UDFA. into camp.

Yea but Jones is lighting up the XFL so far. I’m sure some team will give him another chance. If the XFL allows it? Not sure how that works

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yea but Jones is lighting up the XFL so far. I’m sure some team will give him another chance. If the XFL allows it? Not sure how that works

I consider the XFL the equivalent of the 4th quarter of an NFL preseason game. Cardale was not good enough to stick with an NFL team. Neither was Landry Jones and arguably neither was Eli Rogers.

These guys should get shots to make NFL squads, but to hope for more than camp fodder is optiistic.

1 hour ago, cjfollett said:

I consider the XFL the equivalent of the 4th quarter of an NFL preseason game. Cardale was not good enough to stick with an NFL team. Neither was Landry Jones and arguably neither was Eli Rogers.

These guys should get shots to make NFL squads, but to hope for more than camp fodder is optiistic.

I agree but to play devils advocate Jones didn’t look great today and all of Steelers nation wanted Rodgers back on the team last year.

Should start hearing about extensions, cuts etc etc here soon.

If they plan on cutting Foster, I expect it to happen before FA starts to allow him more time to sign with somebody.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan

On 2/17/2020 at 9:53 AM, jebrick said:

Aside, they are playing like teams that have not practiced together or coached by coaches that know them.  It is equivalent to the East-West Shrine game

Great point. It is unfair to completely judge the level of play and comfort of these guys just yet.

On 2/16/2020 at 10:47 PM, bigben07MVP said:

I agree but to play devils advocate Jones didn’t look great today and all of Steelers nation wanted Rodgers back on the team last year.

I was one of them and I still believe that the team made a bad move letting him go over Josh Dobbs.  I understand it, but I think it hurts the team as neither Dobbs or Mason were really ready for prime time play.  That said, I do honestly believe that both have a higher ceiling than Landry.  I just believed that Landry gave the team the best chance to win NOW than Mason or Dobbs. I think that the team gambled on Ben staying healthy, and unfortunately, it didn't pay off in 2019. 

On 2/16/2020 at 8:50 PM, cjfollett said:

The team has invested in Mason, Duck and even Paxton. Let them develop. Cardale will probably improve as well but will need time. Might as well stick with the development guys that we have. Give them some time. Pray that Ben stays healthy for the last few years of his career at the QB position. 

I think that Eli was a better WR than Switzer, but Switzer was a more sure-handed PR man. Eli probably had a better shot of breaking one. I will say that I think that Switzer has been hurt or something because his elusiveness went down to near zero.  If healthy, he may compete for a Special Teams role.  Let's face it though, as CJ said, these guys are mainly camp bodies. 

A little disappointed in the Hilliard WR coach hire. I was really happy with the news it would be that dude from SC that had both a running game background and some OC duties under his belt. 

Nothing against Hilliard personally, but I really wanted coaches who could call plays added. 

6 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

A little disappointed in the Hilliard WR coach hire. I was really happy with the news it would be that dude from SC that had both a running game background and some OC duties under his belt. 

Nothing against Hilliard personally, but I really wanted coaches who could call plays added. 

What Ike did with the young Redskins receivers this past year is pretty impressive.
I don't know enough about him, but he had 3 rookie receivers who had good to very good years in McLaurin, Harmon and Sims.