Offseason Work to do

mwalker

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Well we "got out" of being on Hard Knocks this year. Both Rams and Chargers will be on it this year. 

I know most of the fan base didn't want to see us on it but I would have enjoyed it. 

I just dont want us to be on it if it will truly be a distraction and cause a problem. I would love to watch us on Hard Knocks though. Would be so fun. 

I really am surprised it wasn't us though. Ben coming back from injury and post Brown stuff, Tomlin would be a terrific personality for it,  JuJu is a really fun young guy who needs a bounce back season, TJ Watt is a legit superstar as is Minkah, even our backup QB has a story with the whole Garrett thing, and there is a huge fan following. 

Honestly, I think the only reason it isnt us is because the NFL respects that the Steelers flat out dont want to do it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Farabaugh thinks Winfield Jr could fall to day 3 due to medicals. He would be a dream pick at #102 if he does fall.

Teams are going to be risk adverse this year...

Interesting note as well is that Tomlin coached Winfield Jrs dad in Minnesota 

17 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

He would be an upgrade over White and maybe take Samuel’s spot. He’s one of the few later round RBs I like. His stock is way up right now I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes as high as the 3rd/4th round.

In a world in which we don't take a RB high, Evans is the dude, man.

• Like 1

He goes on to say that if Taylor makes it to 49, he’s not getting past 49. I’ve been preaching it for months/weeks now. I’d put a decent amount of money on #49 being spent on either a RB or OT/OG, unless they are in love with one of the WRs who fall to us (Shenault/Raegor/Pittman). I really think they want to boost the running game.

Tomlin/Colbert have not been kind to former players who couldn’t stay healthy (Woodley, Golson, Gilbert etc). Tomlin preaches your best ability is “availability.” 

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

He goes on to say that if Taylor makes it to 49, he’s not getting past 49. I’ve been preaching it for months/weeks now. I’d put a decent amount of money on #49 being spent on either a RB or OT/OG, unless they are in love with one of the WRs who fall to us (Shenault/Raegor/Pittman). I really think they want to boost the running game.

Tomlin/Colbert have not been kind to former players who couldn’t stay healthy (Woodley, Golson, Gilbert etc). Tomlin preaches your best ability is “availability.” 

I’ve been operating underneath the impression that the 1st pick is gonna be an offensive player...anything save for TE or Qb.

There has been enough smoke on 3 things...improving the offense around Ben, looking at different RBs, and looking at bringing in competition for Barrons old role...they looked at Hudson/Muse/Duke kid who name escapes me.

They went to Clemson pro day and were going to Zmichigans theCovid19 stuff happened....they’re taking at least 1 guy from those schools.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I’ve been operating underneath the impression that the 1st pick is gonna be an offensive player...anything save for TE or Qb.

There has been enough smoke on 3 things...improving the offense around Ben, looking at different RBs, and looking at bringing in competition for Barrons old role...they looked at Hudson/Muse/Duke kid who name escapes me.

They went to Clemson pro day and were going to Zmichigans theCovid19 stuff happened....they’re taking at least 1 guy from those schools.

Also the Memphis kid who is a Safety/ILB hybrid. HB/WR/OL or S/ILB at #49 wouldn't surprise me. 

• Like 1

Kiper’s new mock has us passing on CEH, Raegor, Shenault and plenty of good OL prospects for Jalen Hurts at #49. How would you guys feel about this? I know my initial reaction would be pissed off at taking a QB but I do like Hurts a lot and there’s a lot of buzz now that he will go top half of the 2nd round.

I just have a hard time seeing us use a top pick at QB when we clearly need to maximize a 2 year window. I can’t imagine this pick would make Ben very happy.

29 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Kiper’s new mock has us passing on CEH, Raegor, Shenault and plenty of good OL prospects for Jalen Hurts at #49. How would you guys feel about this? I know my initial reaction would be pissed off at taking a QB but I do like Hurts a lot and there’s a lot of buzz now that he will go top half of the 2nd round.

I just have a hard time seeing us use a top pick at QB when we clearly need to maximize a 2 year window. I can’t imagine this pick would make Ben very happy.

I don't want any part of Jalen Hurts. He seems like he has "it" but not enough talent to justify being more than a backup. The offense of Alabama got considerably better when Tua showed up. He also didn't help OU all that much when he came over. I don't know if he's a better prospect than Mason. 

33 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

That would be grounds for getting a new  TV...

Edited by AlanFanecaFan
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't want any part of Jalen Hurts. He seems like he has "it" but not enough talent to justify being more than a backup. The offense of Alabama got considerably better when Tua showed up. He also didn't help OU all that much when he came over. I don't know if he's a better prospect than Mason. 

Against your point about his time at OU... I mean he did finish 2nd in Heisman voting, scored 53 touchdowns, and led them to the CFP. They didn't miss a beat transitioning from Kyler Murray to Hurts last year.

I agree that Alabama's offense looked better with Tua but A) Tua is a generational talent and guaranteed 1st overall pick without injuries and B) Hurts looked like a different player last year compared to his time at Bama. He took his game to a completely different level last season and he was clearly motivated by being cast aside for Tua at 'Bama.  So we are comparing him to the past two #1 overall picks (talent wise). 

Again, I'm not fan of taking him at 49 because of our situation but I do like him a lot as a player. If we had a 1st round pick, I would be more than happy to pick him at 49. 

Edited by bigben07MVP