Offseason Work to do

mwalker

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

My main problem without Reagor is we’re going to have to get him at 49. I think our needs at IOL are bigger than WR, though I do like his speed. Tbh, I didn’t realize Reagor was as fast as he is. But sometimes I do questions Ben’s deep ball. Maybe his new elbow will get him back to his old days.

Isn't Shenault just as good if not better?  One or the other might be there w/o moving. 

*I'll add Mims though his drops are annoying.  Reminds me of Martavious.   

Edited by Chieferific

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Isn't Shenault just as good if not better?  One or the other might be there w/o moving. 

*I'll add Mims though his drops are annoying.  Reminds me of Martavious.   

Shenault’s injuries scare the crap out of me. Reminds me of Sammy Watkins. 

26 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Reminder that we met with CEH at the combine.

Farabaugh is a great follow for Steelers and draft stuff by the way. 

Not explosive enough for my tastes.  Not a bad RB by any means but seems like Connor 2.0 as far as skill set.  I'd prefer Akers.  

19 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Not explosive enough for my tastes.  Not a bad RB by any means but seems like Connor 2.0 as far as skill set.  I'd prefer Akers.  

Yeah, I want someone who can house a TD in any run. CEH seems like a rich man’s Mewelde Moore. Not a bad player, in fact a very good one. I just want a faster, multi-purpose back. I think Akers is my pick of the backs too.

• Like 1

All I know is I was watching some Big Ben highlights and some of his best games came when he had Bell to dump it off to. I think the thought that Ben doesn’t like checking down is overblown. He just rarely has anyone good to check down to. How many sacks did Bell save Ben from. Instead of holding it for an extra 3 seconds, as soon as his first couple reads weren’t there, he’d dump it to Bell.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, I want someone who can house a TD in any run. CEH seems like a rich man’s Mewelde Moore. Not a bad player, in fact a very good one. I just want a faster, multi-purpose back. I think Akers is my pick of the backs too.

No way, CEH is way more athletic/shifty/elusive the Mewelde Moore. Moore was a plodder who was good at pass blocking and catching dump offs that’s pretty much it. CEH is dynamic and tough as nails.

I prefer Akers as well though. He’s a freaking stud. Kareem Hunt/Aaron Jones 2.0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Why isn't anyone talking about you all drafting a QB?  I know you all have Big Ben, but he was hurt all of last year and he ain't gett'n younger. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884432-2020-nfl-draft-predicting-destinations-for-every-draftable-quarterback#slide10

Because the road to the SB for the next 2 years is thru Ben.  Draft one next year and have him sit for a year.  

• Like 1

Why isn't anyone talking about you all drafting a QB?  I know you all have Big Ben, but he was hurt all of last year and he ain't gett'n younger. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2884432-2020-nfl-draft-predicting-destinations-for-every-draftable-quarterback#slide10

Cause the team is set up for a 2-3 year window before Big Ben retires especially with the majority of the offensive weaponry on rookie deals, as well Watt and Minkah.

Its cringey it’s Ride or Die with Big Ben.

• Like 1

Here’s my 2 cents. We aren’t going to be in a position to take a QB that has good upside, so why not double down with Ben?I think people also are confident with Rudolph improving over the offseason and being a solid backup. We’re in a position to contend with Ben and I think they are going to put all the eggs in that basket. Are Fromm, Hurts, or the kid from Washington actually any better than Mason Rudolph? I’d argue no.