Offseason Work to do

mwalker

35 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

not a fan of his. Im happy you won money last year but he is not the quality FF manager that his reputation carries. Rosenthall was a much better FF player when at rotoworld and a much tougher out year in and year out

Yea I’m a fan of Mike Clay, Sigmund Bloom, FantasyPros and Fantasy Footballlers personally.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Yea I’m a fan of Mike Clay, Sigmund Bloom, FantasyPros and Fantasy Footballlers personally.

Bloom is the real deal imo. I have played in multiple leagues against him and the guy is very good. I have played against most national FF writers over the years and he is top 3 for sure. Id say we are probably 50/50 over the years but he is like the patriots of FF. Always quality with a shot at a title no matter what the format.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

not a fan of his. Im happy you won money last year but he is not the quality FF manager that his reputation carries. Rosenthall was a much better FF player when at rotoworld and a much tougher out year in and year out

His team was ranked around top 5 all season in the FFPC Main event last year which is like the biggest most competitive fantasy league amongst fantasy analyst. Think there’s like 1000 teams. He was the reason I had Lamar, Eckler, Godwin, and Darren Waller on all my teams. Also I would just ride with him and Levitan’s top DFS plays each week and killed it. Maybe they were just hot last year.

Also he is always near the top in NFL Mock Draft accuracy.

Someone mentioned FantasyPros, they are my #2. Sylvester is unbearable and just throws out insane hot takes and won’t shut up about his handful of guys he likes who half end up being busts but Mike Tagliere is super smart and puts a ton of time into his work.

If you like him its all good. Im just saying im not his biggest fan and I never thought of him as a great owner in any of the leagues we played. There were always plenty of teams that I had a lot more respect for over the years.

• Like 1

To sum up an article I read on steelers depot asking Tomlin about the NT position: The first name mentioned was Dan’s and then Tyson’s name. Tomlin, have to assume butler also, doesn’t want a true NT. Rather a 3-4 end with nose and pass rush capabilities.  He mentions they are open to add in the market.

Hargraves is the poster boy for what they want as NT. Any free agents that fit that mold?

Edited by Displayname

16 minutes ago, Displayname said:

To sum up an article I read on steelers depot asking Tomlin about the NT position: The first name mentioned was Dan’s and then Tyson’s name. Tomlin, have to assume butler also, doesn’t want a true NT. Rather a 3-4 end with nose and pass rush capabilities.  He mentions they are open to add in the market.

Hargraves is the poster boy for what they want as NT. Any free agents that fit that mold?

I think Alualu could play full time NT for our defense. Kimo von Oelhoffen played NT for us for 10 games. That was back in 04 when the NFL was much more run oriented. Also we had Aaron Smith at DE, but now we have Tuitt and Heyward. That's arguably a better DE situation. I know that we had bigger ILBs then, but I think the changes in the game kind of counteract that. 

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Alualu could play full time NT for our defense. Kimo von Oelhoffen played NT for us for 10 games. That was back in 04 when the NFL was much more run oriented. Also we had Aaron Smith at DE, but now we have Tuitt and Heyward. That's arguably a better DE situation. I know that we had bigger ILBs then, but I think the changes in the game kind of counteract that. 

I agree about Tyson. I’ve said it before also. I know some poster here were curious what we were going to do about NT. I honestly see dan getting cut before before anyone else with tomlins take if we do add to the D-line position

Just now, AlanFanecaFan said:

The addition of Wormley shoulda been a bigger indication that Alualu was at least in the mix to get some snaps at Nose....at least from what we discussed on here.

Yeah for sure. I still think they should sign Harrison if they can make some cap room and if Harrison’s contract demands aren’t too high. Signing Dupree to a LTD would open up cap room so they could sign Harrison.

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah for sure. I still think they should sign Harrison if they can make some cap room and if Harrison’s contract demands aren’t too high. Signing Dupree to a LTD would open up cap room so they could sign Harrison.

If they sign or trade for anybody, my guess it pushes McCullers off the roster with Tyson being able to play DE.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 12:32 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

Apparently it was a cracked vertebrae that sent UG3 to the IR or whatever it’s called these days. He stated that it’s been bothering him since college. I think that makes how good he looked for us all the more impressive. I guess he’s good to go now.

Who's UG3?