Offseason Work to do

mwalker

On 5/27/2020 at 4:54 PM, August4th said:

The more highlights I watch of him the more I see a more polished rookie version of Antonio Brown. That’s the kind of potential he has. Their games are exact mirrors of each other’s with their ability to separate, run efficient routes, YAC, and PR ability. Both play bigger than their size by making acrobatic and contested catches. No doubt in my mind we will have two 1000 yard receivers in 2020 and DJ will be considered the #1 by the end of the season. And that’s no slight to JuJu.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

The more highlights I watch of him the more I see a more polished rookie version of Antonio Brown. That’s the kind of potential he has. Their games are exact mirrors of each other’s with their ability to separate, run efficient routes, YAC, and PR ability. Both play bigger than their size by making acrobatic and contested catches. No doubt in my mind we will have two 1000 yard receivers in 2020 and DJ will be considered the #1 by the end of the season. And that’s no slight to JuJu.

Yep.  With the ball in his hands, he just looks like he's playing at a different speed then all the other 21 on the field.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 10:44 PM, bigben07MVP said:

I’m not so sure DJ will be considered the #1 with Juju on the team. You have to consider that Ben has chemistry w/ Juju and really doesn’t with DJ. It will probably be similar to 2018 when AB was still on the Steelers. AB was still the #1, but Juju was a 1b type, only with Juju being the #1 and DJ being 1b.

Edited by turtle28

On 6/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, August4th said:

starting to wonder if Conner will be able to play this yr with covid going around, is he vulnerable to covid due to having cancer? I wonder if sports leagues will tell players/coaches to stay home if they are part of the at risk group.

I listened to his interview on Schefter’s podcast and he asked him about that and Conner was adamant that his cancer stuff is completely past him/he is 100% recovered and won’t affect his ability to participate this season. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 11:32 AM, August4th said:

starting to wonder if Conner will be able to play this yr with covid going around, is he vulnerable to covid due to having cancer? I wonder if sports leagues will tell players/coaches to stay home if they are part of the at risk group.

I hadn’t thought about that. If I were him I wouldn’t play, I wouldn’t put myself at risk, it that’s a personal decision between him, his personal doctors & team doctors.

I see what @bigben07MVP said, so I guess he’s willing to take the risk if/when the league returns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think this is a smart move. Feiler has experience at LG in our system. The rook and Wiz don’t. This offseason is a weird one, so having experienced players helps. 

there is an anecdote about belichick switching his defense from a 3-4 to a 4-3 (i think it was) the year with the shortened offseason because it was easier for the newbies to learn just coming in to the team, that way there weren't guys lagging behind on learning the playbook by the start of the season.

point being, any move this offseason that can cut down the unfamiliarity and cohesion issues that teams will have to wrestle with is a good one, and this is one such move imho

• Like 2

So, I think that it is a nod to the more vet guys.  By Feiler starting at LG, it is implied Chuks is at RT.  Those are the guys that most people 'want' to be in those spots.  That was the Chargers lineup when Foster was not available and would be the lineup if we were playing tomorrow.

Chuks and Banner fight for RT, and if they both suck, Feiler can always flip back and Wiz is vet enough to slide in, or extreme case, Banner or Chuks.

The same for NT... we are in nickel most of the time, and Alualu is fine as the "nose."  I would not expect him to be base NT, but that is just me.

• Like 3