Offseason Work to do

mwalker

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

He looks like he needs to work out those chicken legs.

Why? As long as he can still shrug off 280lb defensive ends who cares? I don’t think Ben has ever had “jacked” legs. 

As long as his elbow is ok, he still has good mobility (looks like he should), and is good mentally (seems to be in a good spot right now) we should be ok. 

• Like 2

Interesting thought popped in my mind today in the Redskins forum. The Redskins are switching to a 4-3 defense and their back up NT who has been pretty impressive when he plays may not make the team, the Redskins 2018 5th round pick from Virginia Tech, Tim Settle. Sadly, Settle hasn’t gotten many snaps in his career though bc he’s backed up DaRon Payne his entire career. Settle will also only be 23 on July 11th.

Do you all think the Steelers should trade for Settle if he's available for trade in August/September, or should they just stick with what they have along the DL or, sign a FA NT if they think they need one like Damon ”Snacks” Harrison?

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...

So I found this interesting. Brandon Thorn who is regarded as one of the best OL/DL evaluators did his tiered rankings for each OL position heading into 2020. This dude watches NFL games from the end zone view, he knows his stuff.

Here is how we fared

Villy - 3rd tier (10th best LT)

Feiler - 4th tier (17th best LG)

Pouncey - 2nd tier (4th best C)

Decastro - 2nd tier (2nd best RG - He has Zack Martin in his own tier)

Okorafor - 5th tier (25th best RT - only ahead of Fant, Davis, Shell, Vaitai, Hart)

I feel this is pretty fair. I think Feiler could be higher but he’s really only played LG in one game so far. I don’t think Zack Martin deserves his own tier of Decastro either but that’s nit picking. If you want to find his full list it’s on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL?s=21

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

So I found this interesting. Brandon Thorn who is regarded as one of the best OL/DL evaluators did his tiered rankings for each OL position heading into 2020. This dude watches NFL games from the end zone view, he knows his stuff.

Here is how we fared

Villy - 3rd tier (10th best LT)

Feiler - 4th tier (17th best LG)

Pouncey - 2nd tier (4th best C)

Decastro - 2nd tier (2nd best RG - He has Zack Martin in his own tier)

Okorafor - 5th tier (25th best RT - only ahead of Fant, Davis, Shell, Vaitai, Hart)

I feel this is pretty fair. I think Feiler could be higher but he’s really only played LG in one game so far. I don’t think Zack Martin deserves his own tier of Decastro either but that’s nit picking. If you want to find his full list it’s on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThornNFL?s=21

I’d agree with the rankings. I agree with you that Descastro and Martin need to at least be in the same tier.

In addition, the team waived quarterback J.T. Barrett, running back Ralph Webb, former Pitt receiver Quadree Henderson, offensive lineman Christian Montano, linebackers Christian Kuntz, who played at Duquesne University, and Dewayne Hendrix, safety Tyree Kinnel and defensive end Josiah Coatney.

https://www.steelers.com/news/samuels-washington-placed-on-reserve-covid-19-list