Offseason Work to do

mwalker

Remember that the cap can only drop to 175M next season.  It will hurt a lot of teams if that happens.  I can see Colbert restructuring a lot of contracts to push money into 2022 and i would hope players do it.  I would hate to be a high priced FA next season.

49 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Remember that the cap can only drop to 175M next season.  It will hurt a lot of teams if that happens.  I can see Colbert restructuring a lot of contracts to push money into 2022 and i would hope players do it.  I would hate to be a high priced FA next season.

This is why I am not super worried about it. If they resign guys this offseason like Heyward, JuJu, and Fieler (i think they ultimately do), you restructure them next year. Ben, Nelson, Decastro, and possible even Haden are all extension candidates. I think we will move enough money around to keep the guys we really want to keep. Its going to be those decent-to-good players on vet contracts that are going to get the axe. 

As of right now I’d guess...

-Ben gets extended(long as plays well this year)

-Cam gets new deal...cya Bud

-JuJu honestly 50/50

-Cya Conner/one of Vance-Ebron/Hilton gone

-Keep Feiler/Villy 50-50/Cya Banner

-Nelson and Decastro get extended reducing 2021 cap charges.

Realistic question and realistic value. What would it cost for the Jets to get JuJU from you guys?

We need WRs and have picks.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I believe its been documented you're letting JuJu walk after this season. So why not get something for him?

His relationship with Darnold I think might make him a target for us.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Realistic question and realistic value. What would it cost for the Jets to get JuJU from you guys?

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I believe its been documented you're letting JuJu walk after this season. So why not get something for him?

Steelers are all in for this yr, so I don't think they have any interest in trading their number 1 WR. I think they'll try to resign him, I'm about 50/50 on him returning. Jets seem like a team that would target him in FA tho, its makes a whole a lot of sense for them

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Depends on who you ask. I still don’t see JuJu not being a Steeler. He is the second youngest receiver in our team - in his fourth year and only behind a rookie - and we already know he can be a stellar number 2 in a passing league. 

Way too much being made about 1 out of 3 bad years and it coming with a load of injuries and awful QBs. 

Having said all that, real value? Probably at least the equivalent of a 1. As @August4thmentioned this is win now mode and he is probably still our best receiver and a Ben favorite. Gotta imagine he at least brings in a 3 if we let him walk Comp pick wise and we spent a 2 on him. 

I still don’t really think there is any solid evidence at this point that the Steelers don’t have him in their plans....but if you wanted him , you would have to blow the doors off a deal.

But I think you are barking up the wrong tree....you should inquire about James Washington

On 8/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, August4th said:

Forgot to comment on this earlier, but my pipe dream is a nickel defense (in passing situations) That has Sutton join Minkah as the second safety and drops Edmunds into the second backer next to Bush. 

I think Edmunds can excel in this league as a Nickelbacker and I like Sutton’s ball ability down the field. Lotta speed, lotta coverage ability, lotta flexibility to play 2, 3, 4, 6 and put Minkah in a lot of plus situations  

• Like 2

On 8/13/2020 at 11:12 AM, Dcash4 said:

Forgot to comment on this earlier, but my pipe dream is a nickel defense (in passing situations) That has Sutton join Minkah as the second safety and drops Edmunds into the second backer next to Bush. 

I think Edmunds can excel in this league as a Nickelbacker and I like Sutton’s ball ability down the field. Lotta speed, lotta coverage ability, lotta flexibility to play 2, 3, 4, 6 and put Minkah in a lot of plus situations  

really feel that if we use him right edmunds will continue this year and beyond to be a really useful contributor to this defense

maybe not enough to justify getting taken with that first but, nonetheless, really quite a useful bit-part guy who gives us so much scheme versatility which in turn lifts the entire defensive scheme

• Like 1