Offseason Work to do

mwalker

I'm excited about Banner. I think he was just a little immature early in his career. He's got pro-bowl attributes, he just needed to put it together. I think the Chuks experiment might never come to fruition. Maybe he'll take over from AV once the big guy leaves(which wouldn't bother me honestly)?

I think linebacker depth will be an interesting storyline this camp. One of the few exciting things, I'd say. What I mean by that is, the roster is brimming with talent, everything hinges on the health of Ben. But linebacker will be interesting. They usually keep 9. 

So for ILB we have Bush, Vince, UG3, Spillane, and Leo Lewis as dudes who have varying levels of chances to make the roster. 

For OLB, we have Bud, TJ, Ola, Skipper, Highsmith

Well actually I kind of talked myself out of thinking this will be interesting, but I don't want to have typed this up for nothing. Well....hmmm. I guess those are probably the linebackers. 

I too am excited about Banner.  It sucks that he bet on himself for us, as we might not be able to sign him after this year.

I personally think you have to add Brooks to the LB room.  I cannot see him as an NFL safety, but I would love to see his reps at camp.

42 minutes ago, kurgan said:

I too am excited about Banner.  It sucks that he bet on himself for us, as we might not be able to sign him after this year.

I personally think you have to add Brooks to the LB room.  I cannot see him as an NFL safety, but I would love to see his reps at camp.

I can't imagine Brooks is going to play much on defense this way anyway. I think you're right about his skillset, I just don't think he's someone to worry about this year. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I can't imagine Brooks is going to play much on defense this way anyway. I think you're right about his skillset, I just don't think he's someone to worry about this year. 

Totally agree.  100% special teams this year.  Next year is in the nickelback conversation, TBH.

1 hour ago, kurgan said:

It sucks that he bet on himself for us, as we might not be able to sign him after this year

I have actually wondered if that might hurt him to some degree in his competition against Chuks. Not saying it plus a huge factor, but going rate for a tackle combined with the salary crunch the league will face and Chuks having 1 more season under contract...really means the best possible outcome is Chuks wins the competition and we don’t have an empty RT position going into 2021.