Week 12 GDT: Packers at 49ers (Adams or Bust Edition)

AlexGreen#20

From Ben Fennell

Both Packer/Niners have gotten off to good starts in games this season...
1st Quarter Differential:
🔸Packers + 41 (4th)
🔸49ers + 30 (5th)

49ers defense allowing 5.31 yards/carry on 1st down (28th in the NFL)...

Edited by Shanedorf

Rodgers is heading home to NoCal - maybe he can roust up some magic from his homeland.  As a football fan, this game should be exceptional and hopefully entertaining.  As a Packer fan, it's going to be excruciating to the bitter end I believe.  Let's get outta that joint with a victory.....please!

This feels to me like the game where the Packers can prove they belong. I firmly believe if we come out and put a whole game together on both sides of the ball we will win this game. I cannot believe I am thinking like this since we are 8-2 but I really do not feel as though this team has played a full game on both sides of the ball yet. This is a huge test for both teams IMO

• Like 1

After 11 weeks, 31 of the 32 NFL teams have at least one loss against a team with a winning record.
The Packers are 4-0, with wins over the Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs.

The 49ers are just 1-1, with a win over the Los Angeles Rams and a loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
8 of San Francisco’s 9 wins are against teams with a .500 record or worse.

r43whooco5kn11jwo6gp.jpg

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-take-on-the-49ers-in-primetime

*Green Bay has won five of its last six at the 49ers, including its last trip in 2015 (17-3)
*Dating back to 1996, Green Bay is 11-2 against San Francisco during the regular season
*Since 2007, the Packers have won the game going into the bye and coming out of the bye five times
*The Packers have won six of the previous eight matchups against NFC teams in the week after the bye
*The Packers have not turned the ball over for four straight games. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, it ties for the most consecutive games without a turnover by the Packers since 1933, the first year turnovers were tracked
*The Packers are 3-1 on the road this season, a .750 winning percentage that ranks No. 8 in the NFL. This is the first time since 2011 (4-0) that Green Bay has won at least three of its first four road games

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

We need to use Blake to spy on Garcia to limit damage he can do on the ground. 

Should be a cakewalk. 

(What IS a cakewalk, by the way? Will have to Google etymology...)

You've really never seen a cake walk??

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

We need to use Blake to spy on Garcia to limit damage he can do on the ground. 

Should be a cakewalk. 

(What IS a cakewalk, by the way? Will have to Google etymology...)

Fascinating

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/12/23/256566647/the-extraordinary-story-of-why-a-cakewalk-wasnt-always-easy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reaper said:

This feels to me like the game where the Packers can prove they belong. I firmly believe if we come out and put a whole game together on both sides of the ball we will win this game. I cannot believe I am thinking like this since we are 8-2 but I really do not feel as though this team has played a full game on both sides of the ball yet. This is a huge test for both teams IMO

Agreed esp the bolded. 

• Like 1