Rams' S Eric Weddle won't give his new team the inside scoop on his former team, The Ravens

Dome

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Is this everyone’s go to line when they don’t have anything to say?

Move along kid

You’re saying the Rams should’ve cut Weddle because he doesn’t want to share info on his former team? 

Sounds too emotional.

Nothing Weddle can say will decide the win/loss. He will do the same for the Rams if he moves on. Nothing too big to get worked over 

Just now, rocky_rams said:

You’re saying the Rams should’ve cut Weddle because he doesn’t want to share info on his former team? 

Sounds too emotional.

Nothing Weddle can say will decide the win/loss. He will do the same for the Rams if he moves on. Nothing too big to get worked over 

First of all it was hyperbole. However he’s putting his “respect” for another organization over the success of his current team. 

If McVay came to him and said what do they do when we line up this way or that way and he goes “Sorry coach, got to much respect for the Ravens organization” that’s fireable honestly. 

First of all it was hyperbole. However he’s putting his “respect” for another organization over the success of his current team. 

If McVay came to him and said what do they do when we line up this way or that way and he goes “Sorry coach, got to much respect for the Ravens organization” that’s fireable honestly

No it’s not 

Meh. I don’t see a big deal. If I’m working at UA and then Puma recruits me to design some football cleats for them. If I felt particularly close to a design manager and a particular design project I helped to inspire, I wouldn’t feel obligated to spill the beans. I’d want to behold the greatness of it and simultaneously compete to create something similar to rival that achievement.

Integrity is huge. Especially if I know that manager dealt with me with a lot of integrity, perhaps even helped me land a new job or could land me a job in the future... I would follow a similar path as Weddle.

Just because I don’t reveal that secret project doesn’t mean I can simultaneously look to create something better. Both things can be true.

I respect his opinion and choice, but I don’t agree with it.

If you’re not doing everything you can within the rules to help your team win, your not exactly being ethical to your current employer and teammates.  

Imo it’s not immoral or unethical to apply experience and acquired knowledge.  It’s literally exactly why people seek out those who have experience. When you hire someone like him, part of what that owner/team is paying for is their experience and knowledge.

Like I said, his choice and if the Rams don’t care then why should anyone else, but I do believe there’s another side to that morality and ethics argument he’s ignoring.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

If McVay came to him and said what do they do when we line up this way or that way and he goes “Sorry coach, got to much respect for the Ravens organization” that’s fireable honestly. 

Image result for confused gif gif

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

When Weddle attacked AB on twitter for no reason I thought he was an idiot but now this confirms it. He’s an idiot. I would cut him yesterday. 

What are you even talking about? He responded to Golden Tate on Twitter, then responded to a random fan who said he "couldn't guard Brown" (strange considering Weddle is a Safety in the first place...), and then AB went off on Weddle with one of his patented temper tantrums that nobody can understand:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/antonio-brown-eric-weddle-trade-barbs-heated-twitter-exchange

and throughout this exchange, the thing you took away from it is that Eric Weddle is the idiot? Alrighty then.

He’s an idiot. I would cut him yesterday. 

Yeah this is definitely how successful teams are ran.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What are you even talking about? He responded to Golden Tate on Twitter, then responded to a random fan who said he "couldn't guard Brown" (strange considering Weddle is a Safety in the first place...), and then AB went off on Weddle with one of his patented temper tantrums that nobody can understand:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/antonio-brown-eric-weddle-trade-barbs-heated-twitter-exchange

and throughout this exchange, the thing you took away from it is that Eric Weddle is the idiot? Alrighty then.

Yeah this is definitely how successful teams are ran.

Which one of your two teams are you referencing?

Weddle attacked AB for no reason, don’t defend his actions. 

Which one of your two teams are you referencing?

Weddle attacked AB for no reason, don’t defend his actions. 

where did he attack AB for no reason? When he responded to Golden Tate saying "def don't", or when he responded to another fan saying he didn't need to guard AB because he's not on a team? And which of those statements make Weddle an idiot?

16 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, I can't respect this. He's hurting his own team by not giving them the best chance to win. 

Just remember that sports have always been slightly different than normal employers. Normally you can't reveal trade secrets

• Like 1