What would it take for Snyder to sell the team?

TOUCAN

Honest question, what does it take for him to say "You know what, I'm moving on."

I understand that Danny was a fan before an owner, and as a fan he MUST see what's going on here, right? He has to hear the chants and see the stadium constantly empty unless its a marquis team that visits.

Everyone has a breaking point, what do you think his is?

Death or the other owners forcing him out. That's it. That's literally it.

There is nothing we, as fans, can do to affect Snyder's money. He isn't going to lose money on this team. If literally no one showed up to a game all season, he'd still make money via television rights and NFL revenue sharing. No boycott is going to bother Snyder.

Likewise, diminished attendance won't do much. Particularly in an area with so many fans from across the country. The Skins will always have about 30-40K fans in the stadium for most home games. 

Snyder also doesn't care what other people think. I mean, the dude has sued too many people for that. I honestly get the feeling he's socially awkward and doesn't have a lot of friends in his life. So he doesn't care anymore, and that has  likely made it so that he's more resolute in keeping the people he views as friends.

So, honestly, the only way to get Snyder to sell the team would be for him to die, or for him to do something that would cause the other owners to basically force him to sell.

Snyder might be the epitome of a fan owner, but I still think he is a business man at heart.  As a business man I can't imagine him selling right now because he would be selling low.  Maybe if the stadium deal goes through he will consider it because despite sucking, that would be a huge plus for a new owner.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Snyder might be the epitome of a fan owner, but I still think he is a business man at heart.  As a business man I can't imagine him selling right now because he would be selling low.  Maybe if the stadium deal goes through he will consider it because despite sucking, that would be a huge plus for a new owner.  

He will not get a new stadium without changing the name. He won't change the name so he won't get a stadium.

How do we know he’s a fan? Is it possible he’s the football version of the Manchurian Candidate? He idolizes Jerrah, sits next to him at every owners meeting, instructs his staff to shine Jerrahs shoes. Jerrah viewed the Redskins as his biggest challenge to winning Super Bowls when he bought the team. What better way to advance the Cowboys than to put in a Cowboys shill as owner of your greatest adversary. He was also the leading advocate for selecting Danny’s bid to buy the team. Without Jerrah, Danny doesn’t own the Redskins. 

CBS sports and the Washington Post have written extensively about their “special” relationship. 

So the answer to your question is: When Jerrah tells him to sell. 
a1367619315_10.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

He will not get a new stadium without changing the name. He won't change the name so he won't get a stadium.

Well I sure hope he doesn't change the name.  I don't believe the name is much of an issue anymore.  It has been disproved over and over to be anything but another PC crusade.  If they change the name, I might move on to another team.

• Like 1

Nothing, the league would have to force him to sell it and I don't see that happening bc despite the poor product on the field the team is still worth $3.4 billion - the 7th highest in the league - and that will increase when Snyder builds his new stadium in a few years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/pictures/nfl-teams-list-most-valuable-ranked/

7. Washington Redskins, $3.4 billion

The Redskins' franchise value jumped 10% since 2018. That value could increase even more if the Redskins get a new stadium in the near future.

Despite poor results on the field, Washington is still one of the biggest-earning franchises, with $493 million in projected revenue this year.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, Slateman said:

Death or the other owners forcing him out. That's it. That's literally it.

There is nothing we, as fans, can do to affect Snyder's money. He isn't going to lose money on this team. If literally no one showed up to a game all season, he'd still make money via television rights and NFL revenue sharing. No boycott is going to bother Snyder.

Likewise, diminished attendance won't do much. Particularly in an area with so many fans from across the country. The Skins will always have about 30-40K fans in the stadium for most home games. 

Snyder also doesn't care what other people think. I mean, the dude has sued too many people for that. I honestly get the feeling he's socially awkward and doesn't have a lot of friends in his life. So he doesn't care anymore, and that has  likely made it so that he's more resolute in keeping the people he views as friends.

So, honestly, the only way to get Snyder to sell the team would be for him to die, or for him to do something that would cause the other owners to basically force him to sell.

Agreed (especially bolded).

Think of it this way. The guy wants to be liked by cool people. And I'm guessing that he was an annoying little runt in school and that social awkwardness stuck with him.

If he sells the team now, he becomes just another billionaire who may (or may not) have friends that come visit him.

BUT...

Being the OWNER of an NFL team means that you are one of only 32 people in the whole world. That has a cachet that will get the cool kids to hang out with you vs. you just being another billionaire.

This team is literally going to have to be pried from him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

He can literally get a new stadium right where Fed Ex field is now. He won't be turned down for permits and IMHO, it makes the most sense for him to stay right there.

Additionally, neither MD or VA have been on record as that as a precondition for him getting a stadium. DC on the other hand has said he needs to change the name first, so...

• Like 1