11/24 GDT, NYG @ CHI

beardown3231

Just now, WindyCity said:

If we keep stacking mediocre performances against really bad defenses then by 2034 we should have a good QB.

I am not sure today offered any clarity on what the Bears need to do at QB.

I am sure it didn't clarify anything.  As I said he played ok but by his own words it should be better. Some really nice throws but also some boneheaded and non throw decisions. 

On another note the team as a whole needs to play better. Too many stupid mistakes. 

3 hours ago, malagabears said:

In every major group GM mock draft game on this site for 2017 MT went before Mahomes and Kittle wasn't even drafted in most or any that I saw on a quick run through. 

But from Twitter and forum posters they were both in everybody's top 10.  

Hindsght makes everyone a genius. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

In every major group GM mock draft game on this site for 2017 MT went before Mahomes and Kittle wasn't even drafted in most or any that I saw on a quick run through. 

But from Twitter and forum posters they were both in everybody's top 10.  

Hindsght makes everyone a genius. 

Ya I just had to laugh at this one. Kittle went in the 5th round. You can blame Pace for taking Shaheen but you cannot blame him for not taking Kittle instead.

• Like 1

To be fair, a number of us did legitimately want Mahomes pre draft, even on a trade up.  Watching his tape, I don't know how other people didn't buy in.... Kid carried the hell out of his team, and even put up good numbers when they went against bigger schools like LSU.

Then again, also being fair, I've whiffed (sometimes massively) on other prospects... I didn't think Wentz would be good, expected Watson to be an oft injured INT machine, and really liked Goff and Mariota both of whom I'd have traded up for at the time (Goff could still get up there, however, he played well last year, just regressed this year)

I'm also still holding out hope for a Tavon Austin-WR and Dri Archer-WR/RB resurgence.... and waiting on Darrell Henderson-RB to start impressing.

None of us are perfect.... but none of us are also being paid to make those picks like Pace is. Choosing Biscuit from a trio of Mitch/Mahomes/Watson is looking like a a downright fireable offense.  The Shaheen one, on the other hand, I'm not all that upset about. It was an pick on upside and tools for a second rounder and I understand that.  That being said, I'm also not sure how Shaheen could have passed any agility drills testing being as clumsy/uncoordinated he has been for us in Chicago.

Edited by Epyon

2 hours ago, malagabears said:

So who replaces Massie, Bars or Lucas?

An interesting question, truth be told.... I always felt like Bars was drafted to play guard for us.... but one would have to think he'd be getting the nod at RG over Coward (who has been pretty awful since coming in) if he was really intended to play OG for us... Thought I suppose with how terrible Leno and Massie have been this year as well, one could make the same arguement for him at OT, too.

Maybe they just didn't have a ton of confidence in Bars' injury recovery and wanted to more or less redshirt him most of the year, in which case Lucas is the next man up, or maybe even Sowell, if Naga finally abandons the Sowell to TE experiment.