Chicago White Sox Sign Yasmani Grandl to 4 year/$73MM Deal

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What are chances they get one of Gerrit Cole or Stephen Strasburg and actually compete for the division ?

Doubtful. I'm with NVRams, someone like Wheeler or Ryu seem far more likely. Ryu in particular would benefit from Grandal's pitch framing. 

White Sox need another outfielder. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 4:46 PM, biggio7 said:

Good for Yas. He seems like a well liked dude.

He is well liked by Brewers fans.  I'm glad he got paid but that contract would have been a little too rich for us seeing Yas is on the wrong side of 30.   We have a decent catcher in Pina and we need to address other needs instead.

On 11/23/2019 at 7:45 AM, Pugger said:

He is well liked by Brewers fans.  I'm glad he got paid but that contract would have been a little too rich for us seeing Yas is on the wrong side of 30.   We have a decent catcher in Pina and we need to address other needs instead.

Pretty much echoing that 100%.

It goes to show you how insane last year's FA market was that Grandal got 4 years at a higher AAV than anyone was willing to offer him on a 1 year deal last year. The QO and a public bad defensive performance in the playoffs hurt, but not that bad.

Good for Yas for getting paid. Thanks for crushing it in Milwaukee.