2020 Bears FAs -Who can/do you resign?

dll2000

13 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Burton packed it in.

Gabriel isn't all that good.

Miller is talented but clearly dumber than a doornail.

Shaheen obviously blows.

Daniels has been average.

Trubisky isn't good.

So yeah, when you miss on all that and really only hit on Whitehair and Robinson, this stuff happens.

Daniels looked pretty darn good in a lot of reps last year at a young 21. Like all pro good. 

This year he has been mostly hot garbage. Everything about his Tech is worse. Power is worse. Still missing assignments which was his main problem last year.

I have to put that on either his offseason prep, coaching or a combination.

He is up there on my biggest disappointments of season. 

Whithair is playing worse for most part too, but has still had some good moments. 

On 11/21/2019 at 12:12 PM, dll2000 said:

Prince is 9 million savings.

So...you're hoping someone like, say, a sixth round pick will come in and play better? Are you serious?

Also--where the hell does his money need to go? Trevathan is a player I desperately don't want to lose, but he's infinitely more replacible than Prince. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

So...you're hoping someone like, say, a sixth round pick will come in and play better? Are you serious?

Also--where the hell does his money need to go? Trevathan is a player I desperately don't want to lose, but he's infinitely more replacible than Prince. 

Trevathan is more important than Prince. He is the leader of the defense and was having a stellar season.

Where does the money need to go?

QB for one. In another thread you said Keenum should not be an option, well if he isn’t your going to need to spend some cash.

TE, so we have a pulse at the position.

Extending Jackson if they want to.

A 9 million dollar #2 CB is a luxury and this team doesn’t have cap space.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I'm inclined to agree. I'd like to think Pagano could find a corner in FA or the draft that fits his mold of defense.

Just now, abstract_thought said:

He disappointed in Indianapolis and hasn’t impressed with the organization that is best-suited to use his skillset. I think the Bears would be better off giving those looks to Miller, Ridley, and Wims.

Fair but we do need someone who can rip the top off a defense. I don't think Miller/Ridley/Wims are that guy.

9 hours ago, G08 said:

How do people feel about cutting Gabriel and replacing him with Phillip Dorsett?

I am fine cutting Gabriel and replacing him with Wims or Ridley.

His speed has never been that big an asset, either because Mitch can’t hit him or he is too small to generate YAC plays.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Trevathan is more important than Prince. He is the leader of the defense and was having a stellar season.

Where does the money need to go?

QB for one. In another thread you said Keenum should not be an option, well if he isn’t your going to need to spend some cash.

TE, so we have a pulse at the position.

Extending Jackson if they want to.

If you're using that money for Dalton (or another solid option), on a short term deal, then that's acceptable. I'm not entirely certain Fuller is all that much better than Amukamara though--and he makes a hell of a lot more money and is actually a trade asset. 

TE is a good point, but can't they simply cut Burton now? Don't forget Long will be gone too. 

Cutting Amukamara simply has a "fire sale" feel to it. Although, I suppose there is an argument that that might be the way to go...

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

His speed has never been that big an asset, either because Mitch can’t hit him or he is too small to generate YAC plays.

It's the bolded. I'd be fine giving Wims and Ridley snaps over Gabriel right now, and am confused this isn't happening. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It's the bolded. I'd be fine giving Wims and Ridley snaps over Gabriel right now, and am confused this isn't happening. 

Agreed.  

@Heinz D.thinking is you need a speed deep threat to keep at least one safety back.  Otherwise they can cheat up and still recover to run with Wims or Ridley. 

Without safety back it gets that much harder to run.  

But I agree. Theory isn't working so try something different. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Agreed.  

@Heinz D.thinking is you need a speed deep threat to keep at least one safety back.  Otherwise they can cheat up and still recover to run with Wims or Ridley. 

I don't want a repeat of the 2014 Bears where we had no speed threat and defense just squatted everything we did in the passing game. That was a nightmare.

If/when Gabriel is gone, I sincerely hope we bring in a quality deep threat. Dorsett is bigger, faster and younger than Gabriel... shouldn't cost much either.

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Agreed.  

Yeah...get what you're saying. Ridley and Miller aren't exactly slow, though. Nagy is just fixated on elite speed, rather than concocting something that works. 

23 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't think anyone is claiming they'll be better, but if they could direct that money to a quality passrusher opposite of Mack that would be a much better investment for the team IMO. 

A quality passrush will make the entire DB group's job easier. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I don't think anyone is claiming they'll be better, but if they could direct that money to a quality passrusher opposite of Mack that would be a much better investment for the team IMO. 

A quality passrush will make the entire DB group's job easier. 

Letting Floyd walk would go a long way towards that. 

Oof. I really don 't like the 3-4.  Too many specifically talented people to make it work, consistently. And strategic problems even when they're in place. Like we saw with the Raiders. 

• Like 1