2020 Bears FAs -Who can/do you resign?

dll2000

3 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

Once the 31st team laughs in our face when we ask for a conditional 7th. Yes. Not gonna be a big market to pickup 13 mil guaranteed for a very meh player. 

They could negotiate a deal with him prior to the trade if the Bears allow it, it's a pretty easy situation to handle. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Why would we want to?  Wish him the best of luck and put a min contract there and get similar production. 

@beardown3231 got it, I didn't word it well.

The team interested could negotiate with him like we did with Mack before the trade, as long as the team that owns their rights allows it. Some 4-3 teams or teams like NE that are highly dependent on versatility would likely hold him on higher regard tham what Chicago would.

If we want to move up for a QB I think he matches up with a pick really well. We really swap a pick and still open the books elsewhere rather than mortgaging our future by using future picks. 

Plenty if guys like the Smiths in GB, Flowers, etc got huge deals without being high end passrushers. He is a versatile guy who will get overpaid in free agency, he isn't getting signed for $4 mil one year deals or anything. 

Edited by Sugashane

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

@beardown3231 got it, I didn't word it well.

The team interested could negotiate with him like we did with Mack before the trade, as long as the team that owns their rights allows it. Some 4-3 teams or teams like NE that are highly dependent on versatility would likely hold him on higher regard tham what Chicago would.

If we want to move up for a QB I think he matches up with a pick really well. We really swap a pick and still open the books elsewhere rather than mortgaging our future by using future picks. 

Plenty if guys like the Smiths in GB, Flowers, etc got huge deals without being high end passrushers. He is a versatile guy who will get overpaid in free agency, he isn't getting signed for $4 mil one year deals or anything. 

Let another team make that mistake. 

• Like 1