Week 12 GDT Raiders(6-4) Jets(3-7)

agarcia34

Hopefully no rain, me and pops are flying out tomorrow. No let downs, go in take care of business. We should be In playoff mode from here on out. 

I think the Cinci game was the best thing for us. It was a bit of a let down, and we came out a bit flat. I’m hopeful that it was a lesson learned and the guys won’t be taking anyone lightly the rest of the way.

34-20 Raiders! 

• Like 1

Worried about this being an east coast road game. And if there is one thing the Jets have done well this year, it’s Darnold completely destroying secondaries ranked in the 20’s, which ours is. The rain might help us. 

Pound the rock and play the ToP game IMO. Don’t turn the ball over. 

I’ll say Raiders win 24-21 in a bad weather, ugly, smash mouth football game. My confidence meter on this one is only like 60% though. 

Carr has never performed well in weather games. This will be a nice test weather-wise for him and the team, in general, getting them ready to play in KC the following week. Jets have the best run defense in the NFL only allowing one 100 yard rusher. They're playing well the past two weeks. Their pass defense is awful they have no pass rush. Carr will need to be very aware of where J.Adams is at all times. The Jets have blitzed him so much the past two weeks and Carr should be aware of the blitz in general. It's what G. Williams does. Carr saw this defensive scheme last year when we played the Browns and played well. 400 yards and 4 Td's.

This is a game IMO that Carr will have to win with his arm. Carr needs to have 290 plus yards throwing and at least 2 passing TD's. The Raiders will need a way better game from the oline. Will be interesting in seeing how they attack this Jets run defense. A lot of what the Raiders do right comes from the run game. Big test for them. This should be a game where Waller, Williams should have huge games in the passing game. Hope Gruden feeds Waller early and often. If they have Adams blitzing no one of the Jets can cover Waller. Get that man the ball. 

I don't think this team will come out flat. I think the game against the Bengals will make sure they're more prepared and ready to go. It's one thing to start slow at home than to do it away. Raiders can't afford to do it against the Jets.

Raiders 27 Jets 23

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Carr has never performed well in weather games. This will be a nice test weather-wise for him and the team, in general, getting them ready to play in KC the following week. Jets have the best run defense in the NFL only allowing one 100 yard rusher. They're playing well the past two weeks. Their pass defense is awful they have no pass rush. Carr will need to be very aware of where J.Adams is at all times. The Jets have blitzed him so much the past two weeks and Carr should be aware of the blitz in general. It's what G. Williams does. Carr saw this defensive scheme last year when we played the Browns and played well. 400 yards and 4 Td's.

This is a game IMO that Carr will have to win with his arm. Carr needs to have 290 plus yards throwing and at least 2 passing TD's. The Raiders will need a way better game from the oline. Will be interesting in seeing how they attack this Jets run defense. A lot of what the Raiders do right comes from the run game. Big test for them. This should be a game where Waller, Williams should have huge games in the passing game. Hope Gruden feeds Waller early and often. If they have Adams blitzing no one of the Jets can cover Waller. Get that man the ball. 

I don't think this team will come out flat. I think the game against the Bengals will make sure they're more prepared and ready to go. It's one thing to start slow at home than to do it away. Raiders can't afford to do it against the Jets.

Raiders 27 Jets 23

Good post.  The Jets run D is good.  We don't know who they've played or at least I don't.  We know how strong our run game is and must be.  The quality of the Jets pass defense or lack thereof is questionable and we should take advantage.  Waller, Williams hell, all of them need to have a big game. 

The pundants are saying we have to win this game  and I am nervous.  The Jets have been playing well.  I may need sedation this Sunday which I've avoided up to this point as I questioned the Raiders ability as a team.  This and the Chiefs game the following week are make or break games if we're to have the least bit of a chance to win the AFC West.  I'm dreamin'.

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Our DL should have a field day this week. The Jets offensive line is absolutely horrible. They're 31st in rushing yards per game and rushing yards per attempt and 31st in sacks allowed this season with 41. 

Get to face the Bottom 3 OLs 3 weeks in a row. Wonder how many times that has happened throughout history. I really wanna see our DL go up against KC again. 

7 - 4
please and thank you 

want to see Darnold on the ground often  with Maxx standing over him sack after sack.

Feed Jacobs and let him get some Touchdowns with all those first downs he works so hard for.

didn't like our slow start last week hope we light them up fast and don’t stop.

• Like 2

Gruden usually has this team ready to play, but east coast games always worry me. Jets have a solid front 7 and are good at stopping the run, which is what we do best. Jamal Adams is maybe the best safety in the league already, i think he has as many sacks as Crosby. Their CBs look horrible but i dont want to have to rely on the passing game, especially if its going to be a bad weather game which Carr has usually struggled in.

Darnold is turnover prone, but hes a good young QB very capable of carving up our sorry secondary if he has time. Need Ferrell, Mayowa and MM to show up and show out against their terrible oline. 

As with seemingly all our games, this one will be a close one as well. Ill say Darnold fumbles amd throws us a pick and thatll be the difference.

Raiders 23 Jets 17

• Like 2

I think we’re a better team than the Jets, but this isn’t a great matchup. They are equipped to deal with our strength (running the ball) and exploit our weakness (Darnold stretching the field against a bad, depleted secondary).

Factor in the fact it’s an east coast game, where we are typically abysmal, and I’m not too confident this week. Most definitely winnable, though.

• Like 1

Jets are playing well. They had Beachum back and their protection was improved. Darnold is a player if he's protected. The LBs are going to get worked by Bell in space and they will hit some deep balls to Anderson/Crowder. 

Their defense is playing great as well. Shutting down the run and covering well. The Raiders Oline better come focused unlike last week to this one.