Week 12 GDT Raiders(6-4) Jets(3-7)

agarcia34

33 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't believe we can win all the games we're supposed to with such a young team. I sure want to be wrong. With KC next week, this is definitely a game the team could overlook.

The Jets are 32nd in yards per game, 31st in sacks allowed, 31st in YPA, and 29th in PPG. If we can't beat them then we don't deserve to be a playoff team. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Jets are 32nd in yards per game, 31st in sacks allowed, 31st in YPA, and 29th in PPG. If we can't beat them then we don't deserve to be a playoff team. 

Beachum had been hurt. Since coming back, their protection has been better. We'll see if he plays this week as he aggravated his injury. They've steadily improved and when Darnold is protected, he's been great. 

The Raiders defense isn't great and they have weapons to expose their weaknesses with LBs in space. 

It's a team they should beat (they are the better team), but it's also a 1pm start on the east coast against a team looking for it's 3rd win in a row. 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They've beaten two terrible teams with rookie quarterbacks. 

We just beaten a terrible team with a rookie qb and didnt look great doing it. I'm honestly not to the point where I'm ready to say we going to win every single game we favorite in. This is a classic trap game vs a team who has finally got some rhythm. A road 1pm est game. As a bettor if it wasnt the raiders I would be laying money on jets ml. 

• Like 2

Raiders win this game they have a clear path to at least a 9-7 record. This game is bigger than the KC game. The elements are not in the Raiders favor. Can’t wait to see how they look. We will see early if the weather effects them. 

Might be wrong on this but hopefully Carr leaves the gloves in the locker room. He always seems to wear them during cold weather games and it hasn’t faired well. 

Carr may have some bad games in the elements but I went to the game in Nashville in 2015. It dumped rain And Carr had a great game. Including a nice drive to win the game. Seth Roberts caught the game winner in the corner of the end zone I was sitting in! 

With that being said I feel like this is set up perfect for a let down. Beat the stinky jets and we play KC the following week for the division! Nah.... that sounds too good to be true. 

• Like 1

I think this game just like many others before comes down to turnovers and penalties.  We need to take the crowd away and keep momentum.  If not the elements and east coast will start to take its toll.  No reason why we should not put up 30+ points but we have been playing to the level of our competition.

Edited by drfrey13

I'm going to go against the grain here, take an out of character risk, and say we smack the Jets. A personal opinion, but it looked to me our "letdown" game was last week against the Bengals. They are utterly putrid, dropped a ton of easy passes, we squeaked by, and our Oline was not great at all unlike the rest of the year. You can likely chalk that last thing up to Geno Atkins. I don't know that we win big on points because it seems we never do. But I think we control this game from the getgo and it's never really in question. I live in NY, I'm just not buying the Jets. They beat two horrid teams in a row, it doesn't mean that much. We've beaten some weak teams, but our script has been pretty stable. Beat bad teams, get beat by top teams, play close to good teams. Their script is all over the map. Beat bad teams, beat a good team, get killed by bad teams, play close or get killed by good teams. I know that script, it's called "how to kill hope". If anyone plays the script out like the Raiders do, it's the Jets. I just think it's their turn to kill hopes, not ours.