2020 Mock Drafts - we pick 14th | Links in OP to make your own

bucsfan333

What are everyone's thoughts on Jordan Love? I can't seem to overlook the regression from Soph. to Jr. year. I get that he lost a coach and talent, but he should have improved his ability to read the field, look off defenders. A lot of his INT's came from staring down receivers. I feel like he's physically a 1st round talent and can make those Mahomes like wow plays. But is he able to take his game mentally to the next level? 

Gathering what I';ve read from PR, it seems like if Love is there in round 2, the Bucs would take him, just from reading their best bets. 

Off topic, they also have Cam Akers as a round 4 grade. Wonder why? I like other Backs like CEH, Jonathon Taylor, Deandre Swift, and AJ Dillon a whole lot better. I think Moss is going to be a stud as well. But I see a run on RB's in the 2nd-3rd round range. 

If we land Thomas at 14 or trade down and take Josh Jones, I'd love to move up - you know the Niners are shopping pick 31, to grab Taylor. 

2 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

What are everyone's thoughts on Jordan Love? I can't seem to overlook the regression from Soph. to Jr. year. I get that he lost a coach and talent, but he should have improved his ability to read the field, look off defenders. A lot of his INT's came from staring down receivers. I feel like he's physically a 1st round talent and can make those Mahomes like wow plays. But is he able to take his game mentally to the next level? 

Gathering what I';ve read from PR, it seems like if Love is there in round 2, the Bucs would take him, just from reading their best bets. 

Off topic, they also have Cam Akers as a round 4 grade. Wonder why? I like other Backs like CEH, Jonathon Taylor, Deandre Swift, and AJ Dillon a whole lot better. I think Moss is going to be a stud as well. But I see a run on RB's in the 2nd-3rd round range. 

If we land Thomas at 14 or trade down and take Josh Jones, I'd love to move up - you know the Niners are shopping pick 31, to grab Taylor. 

Love has the arm talent and athletic ability to be a mid 1st round pick, but he needs a year or two to sit IMO.I threw out most of the 2019 tape, as not gonna fault him with the garbage coaching and weapons around him. They didn't cater to his skills at all. With that said, I agree with your assesment; his biggest area of needed improvement is his ability to read coverage and making the correct decision. He's a classic trust your arm over your eyes kind of guy...

I think if the right QB coach gets him, he could be a pretty good QB down the road, or if all went right a potential star. I like a couple of the comps I've seen to Kaepernick, as I think their traits are comparable... 

Couple of thoughts on the bolded:

- I don't think we're going to be sniffing around a QB before the 3rd round, if at all IMO. I've said it before, but I truly believe Licht doesn't have as much pull in these day 1-2 picks as usual. It's going to be a consensus between BA, TB and Licht. I doubt BA and TB want to spend a high pick on a QB heir to groom in their two year win now window...

-I'm convinced Andrew Thomas is going to be the 1st OT off the board and possibly as high as #4. I doubt he falls to us at #14. If we truly want him, we're going to have to move up...

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 9:19 AM, ravishingone said:

My first  mock draft

12.  Derrick Brown, IDL

44.  Lucas Niang, OT

76.  Jonathan Greenard, Edge

108.  Devin Durvaney, WR

139.  Josh Jones, OT

171.  Sewo Olonilua

Each time the simulator serves me up Brown in the first rd-SOLD!!!!

Damn! Coming away with Brown, Niang and Jones would be quite the haul. I wouldn't have guessed in that order though lol...

TB 21.
Javon Kinlaw
DT South Carolina
trade icon
TB 45.
Isaiah Wilson
OT Georgia

TB 53.
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
RB LSU
trade icon
TB 76.
Gabriel Davis
WR UCF

TB 117.
Alex Highsmith
DE Charlotte

TB 127.
Jack Driscoll
OT Auburn
trade icon
TB 139.
James Morgan
QB FIU

TB 161.
Darrion Daniels
DT Nebraska

TB 194.
Josh Metellus
S Michigan

Trade down with Philly, gathering a 2nd and 4th this year. Reasoning for the trade down is all the 4 OT are off the board