Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

2020 Mock Drafts - we pick 14th | Links in OP to make your own

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

GAji9JX.jpg

Right now this is what I want.

You better hope they get that 3 rd comp pick to draft more defense.  Are you really Lovie Smith?  😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

You better hope they get that 3 rd comp pick to draft more defense.  Are you really Lovie Smith?  😀

Since we cut VHIII, our defense is top 10 in like every stat. Depending on how much of the front seven we can keep, there shouldn't be a lotta change for year two.

And we might have the best trio of CBs nobody outside of us knows about. I only wanna add to the secondary through free agency. And Justin Evans has one final shot to be healthy. If he finally is, oof.

If we keep Suh and JPP (Barrett is a given), we're still gonna need some youth behind them.

Baun might be my favorite late round guy. I have no idea how he'll test, but he's always around the ball and makes plays.

Williams is stout at the LOS and has that McCoy-like first step that I like.

Whatever we do with Jameis monetarily is what we do. But I think it'd be a mistake to hand him the keys with no backup plan. Griff ain't it.

I think Dobbins can have a Zeke impact. And Barber shouldn't be brought back. Having two 4.4 (or better) RBs would do wonders for this offense. Especially when both are capable of busting 50 yard runs.

Dot or no Dot, we need to take a tackle. I don't think there's a Bucs fan alive that disagrees.

Mims is basically BPA in the seventh round. A track athlete with size (6'3" 215lbs). He probably won't even be there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Since we cut VHIII, our defense is top 10 in like every stat. Depending on how much of the front seven we can keep, there shouldn't be a lotta change for year two.

And we might have the best trio of CBs nobody outside of us knows about. I only wanna add to the secondary through free agency. And Justin Evans has one final shot to be healthy. If he finally is, oof.

If we keep Suh and JPP (Barrett is a given), we're still gonna need some youth behind them.

Baun might be my favorite late round guy. I have no idea how he'll test, but he's always around the ball and makes plays.

Williams is stout at the LOS and has that McCoy-like first step that I like.

Whatever we do with Jameis monetarily is what we do. But I think it'd be a mistake to hand him the keys with no backup plan. Griff ain't it.

I think Dobbins can have a Zeke impact. And Barber shouldn't be brought back. Having two 4.4 (or better) RBs would do wonders for this offense. Especially when both are capable of busting 50 yard runs.

Dot or no Dot, we need to take a tackle. I don't think there's a Bucs fan alive that disagrees.

Mims is basically BPA in the seventh round. A track athlete with size (6'3" 215lbs). He probably won't even be there.

No issue with Qb rd 1.  What I believe we ll find the lack of a running game will be more blocking related.  They were running the ball okay up until the Seattle game.  Auclair went out with the toe injury that game.  I think they invest in a blocking TE in free agancy to remedy this issue.  Also, blocking TEs will be pretty cheap in the open mkt. I am really talking Howard off this roster.  🤔  Finally, the RT tackle spot also really limited them.  I find it hard to believe they don t draft a tackle in the first 2 rds.  I don t put much in what BA has said in the past.  Coaches publically lie, it s what they do.

Even if by chance, all the dlinemen get resigned, the depth behind them isn t great.  I wouldn t be comfortable with my long term future on the dline only hoping Nelson develops from an injury riddled season.

I would be surprised if BA selects a RB before the 3rd rd.  Pretty sure, they didn t draft one until the 3rd, and they liked to go the vet route with AP n Chris Johnson.  If David Johnson gets cut, wouldn t shock me to see him on a 1 yr prove it deal in Tampa next season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ravishingone agreed that BA hasn’t been big on drafting RBs high and with Rojo still here and a 2nd round back, I doubt we draft one early on. If anyone needs to go it’s Barber. Idk if David Johnson is released cuz the Cardinals cap hit will be huge, but who would trade for him either at the current cap hit and poor production in 2019. If BA is able to get Johnson cheap then yeah, 100% I think he’s a target to pair with Rojo next year. If Philly doesn’t resign Jordan Howard, he could be an option as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Johnson isnt the same player he once was. Looks out of shape and looked terrible vs us. Injury prone back that we’d kick the tires on for a cheap prove it deal is fine. Barber is nothing special but far from the lack of run game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just spent entirely too much time defending a Jacob Eason pick solely because the arguments against him were in bad faith.

And I'm not even sold on him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I just spent entirely too much time defending a Jacob Eason pick solely because the arguments against him were in bad faith.

And I'm not even sold on him.

 This was me a couple weeks ago in that NFL Gen Winston thread Fitz vs. Winston,  then I'm like why...O.oxD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I m trying to understand safety in the first rd.  Does it mean there is a perception that Edwards isn t it after 1 season?  There is no way they are looking to replace SMB at nickel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I m trying to understand safety in the first rd.  Does it mean there is a perception that Edwards isn t it after 1 season?  There is no way they are looking to replace SMB at nickel

I don't get it either.  I have seen a couple Delpit picks and mehhh  could go in so many more directions.  There are already a bunch of young guys have to see if they can develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I don't get it either.  I have seen a couple Delpit picks and mehhh  could go in so many more directions.  There are already a bunch of young guys have to see if they can develop.

I don t understand to add even more youth to an already green secondary.  I believe Bowles likes Whitehead.  He s been entrenched throughout the season amid all thhe changes.  

They need T help badly.  Easily the vulnerable position on the team.  Smith and Dot were average, but the drop off to Wells was significant, and Hawkins couldn t dress.  That is a whole lot of scary.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...