Name changes, what would you accept?

TOUCAN

Name changes, and what would you accept?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. If the name changed, would you remain a fan?

• Yes
    • No

I would remain a fan, IF and ONLY IF, Dan and Bruce are gone. If the name were to ever change and those boobs are still in the FO, its a media push to get more money since the crap they are pushing now is failing exponentially. 

*With that caveat, and with the intention to not offend anyone, I do not think the name is offensive, therefore I don't see a need to change the name. 

If a new owner were to come in and the name were to change it would have to be something that literally blows my socks off. Nothing generic like Warriors and nothing like Monuments or Senators.

And a new stadium not on the opposite side of the beltway would also have to be in play. 

Many requirements for this but I think this is the crossroads in which the fanbase is at with this ownership and his administration. 

Washington Redtails, Washington Warriors, Washington Reds, Washington Senators, DC Soldiers, Washington Hawks, Cherokee’s? I could go numerous ways!

The name has never been a big deal to me either way. I think the name should be changed and I got banned for a post for a post about that and RG3 In 2015 when the job was given to Kirk over RG3.

That being said, I root for Washington sports teams bc that’s where I live, I’m not beholden to a name although, I don’t have any problem with the name either.

Edited by turtle28

I would be 100% ok with a name change.

Landover Redskins

D.C. Redskins

Maryland Redskins

Potato Redskins

In all seriousness....

There's only 1 name change, I would accept.

The Boston Braves (1932) or I guess it would be Washington Braves or "whatever" Braves.

Because that was our name in it's infancy stage.

Any other name & I would consider it politicaly incorrect B.S.

And move on ..

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

The London Redskins? Maybe the Mexico City Redskins?

London Redcoats or Mexico City Aztecs...

The team is so bad, we are back to the name change topic. I wouldn't care if they changed the name, as long as it isn't super lame. Also, I would hope that would mean a respectable team and stadium.

Powhatans would be acceptable to me. Its of whom the logo is depicting. The red clay they wore as mosquito repellent is why the first settlers gave them the name.

Powhatan nation has always been fine with the word in relation to their history.

We have the Noles, the Utes, the Illini and such. Redskins need to do whats right, and if change comes, honor the Powhatans properly.

I can go along with Braves since it was the original name to begin with. But anything else. Im a new Cowboys or Eagles fan just so I can hate on this team as much as possible.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

55 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Powhatans would be acceptable to me. Its of whom the logo is depicting. The red clay they wore as mosquito repellent is why the first settlers gave them the name.

Powhatan nation has always been fine with the word in relation to their history.

We have the Noles, the Utes, the Illini and such. Redskins need to do whats right, and if change comes, honor the Powhatans properly.

I can go along with Braves since it was the original name to begin with. But anything else. Im a new Cowboys or Eagles fan just so I can hate on this team as much as possible.

HAIL THE POWHATANS
HAIL VICTORY
BRAVES ON THE WARPATH
FIGHT OUTSIDE OF DC