Just How Good Are The Colts?

Nozizaki

I was doing some thinking and despite Indianapolis' record, they have not lost a game by more than 7 points, and all 5 of their loses are by a total of 22 points. It is hard to believe that a team quarterbacked by Jacoby Brissett, who is playing at an approximately average level right now is 6-5 and well positioned for a playoff stretch. Obviously the brilliance of Frank Reich can't be understated, but all that hype Indianapolis got as a Super Bowl contender with Luck wasn't understated. They could've been in line for a bye in the AFC with him. They probably have the best offensive line in football, when healthy.

So I guess my question is how good is this team right now? And besides their dominant O-Line and corresponding running game, how are they playing so well?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I was doing some thinking and despite Indianapolis' record, they have not lost a game by more than 7 points, and all 5 of their loses are by a total of 22 points. It is hard to believe that a team quarterbacked by Jacoby Brissett, who is playing at an approximately average level right now is 6-5 and well positioned for a playoff stretch. Obviously the brilliance of Frank Reich can't be understated, but all that hype Indianapolis got as a Super Bowl contender with Luck wasn't understated. They could've been in line for a bye in the AFC with him. They probably have the best offensive line in football, when healthy.

So I guess my question is how good is this team right now? And besides their dominant O-Line and corresponding running game, how are they playing so well?

Too many injuries, Brissett is probably a middle of the pack qb who trends towards top 20 -15 level and they have a lot of question marks at the WR, CB and DL positions to really go all the way. Give Reich and Ballard another year and I think it could be another story. 

9 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

Their defense is still too good for them to really get destroyed but I can see them getting beat in a low scoring game where their offense doesn't do a whole lot. 

Much better defenses have been destroyed in the playoffs see 2017 Vikings for example

Pretty impressive. Without their starting running back and on the road for a Thursday Night game they played the Texans to the end. 

But this team shouldn't even want to make the playoffs - I get that's counter-intuitive but they need an upgrade at QB for the longterm to become a Super Bowl contender.

• Like 1

Yes, @FrantikRam, I agree. The Colts have been in all their games. No blowouts come to mind, anyway. That is a very good sign.

Colts have a great OLine to help Brissett out. He is ordinary yes, but I like his attitude. Colts D is not so special. Middling.
Colts won't get far but the fans have a lot to be proud of. Colts accomplish more with less.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Pretty impressive. Without their starting running back and on the road for a Thursday Night game they played the Texans to the end. 

But this team shouldn't even want to make the playoffs - I get that's counter-intuitive but they need an upgrade at QB for the longterm to become a Super Bowl contender.

Tbh, can't they just trade the farm for a QB this or next year? They are LOADED. CB depth and WR help, sure. But they really only need to hit on a few draft picks the next year or two to get them over the top.