POSITIONS OF ABSOLUTE NEED: 2020 TEs

dll2000

Scout em up boys.  We have worst TE group in league currently.  

Some possibilities on market to consider: 

UFAs:

Eric Ebron

Jack Doyle

Austin Hooper (I wanted to draft this guy)

Hunter Henry

Darren Fells

Ryan Griffin

They all have plus and minuses I am sure and will all cost different amounts.  Still any one of those guys could help you.   I would think Henry and Hooper will probably be most expensive followed by Ebron.   

Henry is really, really good if healthy, but has been unable to stay healthy to date.   So he would be a gamble.   

I haven't really watched Fells, but on paper he is what I think the Bears or Nagy really needs.  A big man TE who can be a threat to catch and can also block Edge players in run game.  

RFAs:

Jacob Hollister

Blake Jarwin

Ricky Seals-Jones

Possible reasonable trades:

Houston Texans who have excess talent or potential at TE and need draft picks, I think they would easily be willing to part with one of following if they resign Fells: 

Jordan Akins

Jordan Thomas

Kahale Warring

Tell me your favorites from above lists or add some names.

• Like 2

If we end up drafting a TE, he will probably take atleast 2-3 years to develop so the best way to immediately impact the position is via free agency. Hunter Henry and Austin Hooper are two names that pop up on the list, but I'm not so sure how willing their teams are to part ways with those talented players. Henry may not be among the top tier of TEs like Kelce, Ertz, and Kittle but I believe he has the talent to be on the tier just below them and is young enough to ascend among the elite. I feel that Hooper's ceiling is a little bit lower than that and I feel that he's been feasting off being on a talented Falcon's offense though I feel he may be more well-rounded than Henry.

There are many ways to go about upgrading the position because we are at the bottom of the barrel and the only direction is upward. However, I don't want Pace to overspend on mediocre talent out of desperation and burden the franchise with a contract the way the Cubs are still paying for the Jason Heyward contract.

Edited by BACK2MACKSACK
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Ryan Griffin, good blocker and having a good year catching the ball. 6'6" 250lbs and can play the Y.

He really isn't having a good year. He has 26 catches.

4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Cole Kmet from Notre Dame is another guy worth looking at. He’s raw as a receiver and lacks edge but has the frame and movement to be very good.

At that point they might as well take Chase Claypool. IMO he's probably a TE in the NFL.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

He really isn't having a good year. He has 26 catches.

At that point they might as well take Chase Claypool. IMO he's probably a TE in the NFL.

26 catches and 4 TDs.

We don’t need him to catch a ton of passes, we need him to be a competent receiver and blocker.

If he ends the season with 40 catches that would be more than enough. He might not even get that in this office.

12 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Where is Dax Raymond these days?

On the Practice Squad, he was on IR at the start of the year but they activated him a few weeks ago.

Think Nagy said last week they're trying to teach Raymond the Y TE, and Horsted the U.