POSITIONS OF ABSOLUTE NEED: 2020 TEs

dll2000

On 12/6/2019 at 9:51 AM, WindyCity said:

You know what makes the Shaheen pick look so bad?

To upgrade from him you can randomly throw a dart at over sized Ivy league TEs or Redskins cast offs.

The second we spent a 2nd round pick on him I knew it was a bad pick. Everyone shouldve. 

When Pace usually sees something lacking on this team he handles it in two ways, he finds a stopgap in FA and then drafts the replacement and usually the highest one on his board.  Saying that I think he already has thrown money at Burton, and he has to keep him one more year for cap reasons, so I think he do whatever he can to draft his #1 whether it's Albert O or Hopkins we will find out in April.  Something tells me he'll go after Albert, and hope Burton can return back to some kind of form.  Otherwise he will try to make Horsted the pass catching TE this offense is sorely lacking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Maybe they go Henry or Hooper and then use their 4 or a 5 on another.

I would agree on Henry. He's really good if he stays healthy.

Despite good numbers I've never been ultra impressed with Hooper. I could be wrong.

Hooper doesn't look overly athletic to me. Pace doesn't have much of a choice at this point unless they love someone in the draft.

Shame.

I'd like to take this time to point out that in 2016 I pounded table first for Conklin then when he went early for Tunsil and later for Hooper.

And I was against the Floyd pick. 

All players we would love to have now and would fill major holes on our team.  

Of course I am also guy who thought we were 2019 pre season SB contender.  

That year I spent a TON of time evaluating draft prospects because I was playing a site wide GM game and I was into it.  

I haven't done it that much since.  I don't even watch college football games anymore.  Haven't for several years, except on some youtube replays. 

As long as I am patting myself on back I was super high on Chris Jones now of the KC chiefs and one of best DL in league.

I have to think I completely missed on Mahomes in 2017 to bring myself down to earth and remind myself that I am generally kind of dumb.  But to bring my self esteem back up, I can tell myself I just passively looked and didn't study the prospects  like I did in 2016.  

1 minute ago, G08 said:

@WindyCity what kind of $$$ do you project Austin Hooper commanding on the open market?

I could see us making a move for him and drafting a TE fairly high. Burton can be cut after the 2020 season for $1.75M.

10+, the TE market has been stagnant for awhile.

I expect we will see a big jump here soon.

10-Hooper

14-16 for elite guys like Kittle.

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There are a handful of guys who are going to be what we are looking for.

The Bears are going to need to be aggressive in the draft or in free agency.

Far more RG options than TE options.

I'm of the opinion you can plug-and-play a RG more so than you can a TE.

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm of the opinion you can plug-and-play a RG more so than you can a TE.

I think there are just more of them available. The TE market is thin

Hooper

Henry [Medical]

Hopkins

Kmet

Bryant [Medicals]

Albert O 

There are like 6 guys in both free agency and the draft that I think can be the top TE for this team.

On January 4, 2020 at 11:36 AM, WindyCity said:

I think there are just more of them available. The TE market is thin

Hooper

Henry [Medical]

Hopkins

Kmet

Bryant [Medicals]

Albert O 

There are like 6 guys in both free agency and the draft that I think can be the top TE for this team.

Take a look at Fells on a year deal.