(Polls) The Playoff Picture: Can We Emerge Victorious?

Mind Character

Playoffs  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will We Make the Playoffs?

2. 2. Do We Win Out?

The AFC Playoff Picture

XtDTy7H.png

----

Wild-Card Contenders:

Buffalo (7-3)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Denver, 2.) Dallas, 3.) Ravens, 4.) Pittsburgh, 5.) New England, 6.) Jets

------

Oakland (6-4)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) NYJ, 2.) KC, 3.) Tennessee, 4.) Jags, 5.) Chargers, 6.) Denver

-----

Indianapolis (6-5)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Tennessee, 2.) Tampa Bay, 3.) New Orleans, 4.) Carolina, 5.) Jacksonville

----

Pittsburgh (5-5)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Bengals, 2.) Cleveland, 3.) Arizona, 4.) Buffalo, 5.) Jets, 6.) Ravens

----

Tennessee (5-5)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Jags, 2.) Colts, 3.) Raiders, 4.) Texans, 5.) New Orleans, 6.) Texans

----

Cleveland (4-6)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Miami, 2.) Pittsburgh, 3.) Bengals, 4.) Arizona, 5.) Ravens, 6.) Bengals

----

Jacksonville (4-6)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Titans, 2.) Tampa Bay, 3.) Chargers, 4.) Raiders, 5.) Falcons, 6.) Colts

----

Edited by Mind Character

My predictions for how the wild-card contenders will finish:

I think the final Playoff spot comes down to the Browns, Raiders, and Buffalo. It's going to take 10 wins. I'm not sure who would win-out the tie-break between the 3.  I think we win out and Don't make the playoffs.

----

** Buffalo will finish 9-7 with wins against the Broncos and Pittsburgh **

Buffalo (7-3)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Denver, 2.) Dallas, 3.) Ravens, 4.) Pittsburgh, 5.) New England, 6.) Jets

------

** Oakland will finish 10-6 with wins against the Jets, Jags, Chargers, and Broncos **

Oakland (6-4)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) NYJ, 2.) KC, 3.) Tennessee, 4.) Jags, 5.) Chargers, 6.) Denver

-----

** Colts will finish 8-8 with wins against the Carolina and Jacksonville **

Indianapolis (6-5)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Tennessee, 2.) Tampa Bay, 3.) New Orleans, 4.) Carolina, 5.) Jacksonville

----

** Pittsburgh will finish 6-10 with wins against the Bengals **

Pittsburgh (5-5)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Bengals, 2.) Cleveland, 3.) Arizona, 4.) Buffalo, 5.) Jets, 6.) Ravens

----

** Tennessee will finish 7-9 with wins against the Jags and Colts **

Tennessee (5-5)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Jags, 2.) Colts, 3.) Raiders, 4.) Texans, 5.) New Orleans, 6.) Texans

----

** Browns will finish 10-6 with wins against everyone **

Cleveland (4-6)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Miami, 2.) Pittsburgh, 3.) Bengals, 4.) Arizona, 5.) Ravens, 6.) Bengals

----

** Jags will finish 6-10 with wins against the Bucs and Chargers **

Jacksonville (4-6)

Remaining Opponents: 1.) Titans, 2.) Tampa Bay, 3.) Chargers, 4.) Raiders, 5.) Falcons, 6.) Colts

----

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think we end up 8-8 or 9-7 and miss out. I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but it's gonna be a tough road.

If we end up 8-8, who's the 2nd loss besides the Ravens game in your mind? 

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Insert trap game here?

I honestly don't know, but being favored in every game (we should) doesn't mean winning all of them.

I think AZ would be the most likely, but it's hard to take two in a year off a decent division opponent so Pitt would be possible too. I think 9-7 is most likely, then 8-8, then 10-6 but I can see the case for all of them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Insert trap game here?

I honestly don't know, but being favored in every game (we should) doesn't mean winning all of them.

I think AZ would be the most likely, but it's hard to take two in a year off a decent division opponent so Pitt would be possible too. I think 9-7 is most likely, then 8-8, then 10-6 but I can see the case for all of them.

Yeah, I think if there's another loss besides the Ravens it would indeed be to the Arizona Cardinals.

Though I wouldn't be surprised, I find it hard to believe the Browns could fall into a trap game or lull week after the lowest of the low points and blow-outs this team has experienced this year. Hopefully that is the case.

I would not count on beating the Bengals twice. Taking a trip back in time to 1975 the Cleveland Browns who had not scored more than 17 points in a game that season sat at 0-9 with the 8-1 Bengals coming to town. The Browns beat the Bengals 35-23 scoring 20 points in the 4th quarter and managed to win 3 total games that year.

Bengals may look bad this season but still a professional team. I could see the Brown losing to Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Arizona this year. I think they will only lose two of those games but will finish 8-8.

I was at that Browns/Bengals and remember it well.

Edited by Pruitt3443
More to add

24 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Could be either Pitt or Arizona.  I would put us at 8-8 as probably the most likely thing to happen.  If our 6 losses were because of really bad luck or the other team playing out of their minds it would be different.  I just don't trust us to not give away a win on top of the Ravens being a really tough win.

I think Buffalo wins 10 and either the Colts or Raiders win 10. If we win out we'll have the tiebreaker against the Colts but I don't know about the Raiders. I know we don't have a tough schedule but 10 games in and we still haven't put it together besides in the Ravens game so I can't really predict we'll go undefeated or even 9-7. Hopefully we look good on offense this week, we will probably have some issues on defense with everyone we're missing but this team was supposed to be built of offense anyway. If we can get it going this week and continue it against the Steelers, I'm talking 30 points per game, then it will be time to start believing we can run the table. Until we get the offense clicking I'm not buying anything.

It is certainly possible though. If we could have beat the Broncos I'd be all in right now.

• Like 1