Happy vs Disappointed

Jlash

Just now, Jlash said:

Did you see how he bobbled that bomb he caught early in the game???? Dude has NO hands. Dropping that would've been the final nail in the coffin.

Hey but he caught it, if it were last year Nelson the ball would have gone through his hands, hit him in the head, and he'd have to sit the rest of the game because he was down on himself. I'll take what we got.

For me:

Happy:

Vaitai- Having to take over at LT, he wasn't great but he held his own, I was very surprised by that.

Ertz- Caught the ball well, fought for yards and was Wentz' security blanket.

Kendricks- You see the hit he put on Rob Kelley?? My god, we need more of that.

Disappointed:

Seumalo- I don't know what it is with him, he looks like he gets beat on every play. 

Wendell Smallwood- I didn't see the wiggle from him I saw in the 3rd preseason game. Seemed to run directly into people yesterday.

Wentz- This one is nitpicky, it's very small and  I'll get crushed for this, but he missed some throws. He had some GREAT escapes and the bomb to Agholor was awesome. But he also missed deep plays to Smith and had he thrown that one swing pass to Agholor on target that was an easy TD for the team. 

20 minutes ago, Phire said:

Exceed:

Agholor
Mills

Disappoint:

Smallwood
Doug

Meh. I thought he was okay. The deflection in the end zone was a nice recovery, but he did make contact with Pyror's body before the ball got there and kinda held down his arm when going up to deflect it. He was lucky not to be called for DPI.

He was also lucky to get that INT. If that pass is remotely accurate, then it is a walk in TD for Washington as Mills wasn't anywhere near Crowder who the high pass was intended for.

DJbd4A9VwAEFMJO.jpg

If he is gonna get burned deep he can't allow a bunch of chain moving completions.

I was shaking my head when this happened. Should've been a huge play.

Happy:

Nelson Agholor (Looked great in the slot. Would have had a bigger game if it wasn't for some overthrows)

Mychal Kendricks (Would love to see Schwartz use him in the blitz. Add Schwartz here too... keep blitzing)

Brandon Graham (Looks like he got better this offseason. Dude's an animal. 2 sacks, 3.5 TFL 1 STF)

Patrick Robinson (Don't expect it to continue....)

Dissapointed:

Blount (Dude looked so slow. Put RB as our biggest need so far)

Alshon Jeffery (Expected a bigger game from him. Hope he's more involved Week 2)

Happy:

with our entire defense basically. Mills had the difficult assignment of guarding Pryor one on one (dudes a matchup nightmare) and did give up a lot of catches, but I think he is going to keep getting better. I still think he'll be a solid #3 corner once Darby and Jones are on the field. 

Graham, Cox, and Jernigan were monsters. Our LBs played great. Best front 7 in football. 

Didn't get to see much of Jenkins and McLeod. Will need to see All 22 on Wednesday. 

And of course Jim Schwartz. Dude is top 3 DC no doubt. He better stay in Philly for 10 more years. And if he wants to be a HC, fire Doug and promote him right away. Don't care.

Unhappy:

The offense as a whole. Carson was pressured more than I'd like to see. OK needs to play better. Especially vs KC. 

Doug is the worst of all of our problems. His playcalls were absolute crap.  Dude needs to learn to adjust. Or he's gone this year no doubt. He is setting our franchise QB up for failure. That's not gonna sit well with the FO. 

Wentz should have made some of those throws he missed. IMO he is one of those qbs who is going to throw more interceptions than we'd like, but his good will outweigh the bad. He's in that Andrew Luck and Jameis Winston mold. Which I'm fine with. Go look up all the best QBs int %, then look at the ones who lead the NFL history in it. 

We just need an offense that can hover around 14-17 in DVOA and we'll be a 10 win team. Our defense is ridiculously good. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I don't know if Carson has the arm to avoid some of the ints a Winston. Luck or Favre will. He might be a more athletic jay cutler. 

Sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever. According to this site his arm velocity exceeded all of them (57) except im assuming Farve which is understandable. Luck refused to throw. Stronger then both Winston, Flacco and this year's wonder boy Mahomes (55). Arm Strength is far from a issue IMO.

Superman Mentality however might be.

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2017/03/16/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but that makes no sense whatsoever. According to this site his arm velocity exceeded all of them (57) except im assuming Farve which is understandable. Luck refused to throw. Stronger then both Winston, Flacco and this year's wonder boy Mahomes (55). Arm Strength is far from a issue IMO.

Superman Mentality however might be.

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2017/03/16/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

Mahomes hit like 62 or something like that during grudens qb camp thing 

Also all of them but then most of them not being for sure means your post makes no sense. You added names I never mentioned. 

Archived