Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars (4-6) @ Tennessee Titans (5-5)

Adrenaline_Flux

3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

At this point in time with this franchise I wouldn’t be surprised if they ran it back again with the same FO and staff next yr. 

There's no way they can run it back.  Remember Alltell back in 02? I have a feeling the last few home games will be worse. 

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Marrone is what Mularkey was to us. You guys should have gotten rid of him even after making the AFCCG similar to how we got rid of Mularkey even after we made the  divisional round. 

I don't think we should've fired him before now. He easily earned another year with the AFCC season, and frankly had Mularkey taken you guys to the AFCC you wouldn't have fired him. Last year was a nightmare but we were riddled with injuries, we made a coordinator change which was clearly necessary, and we moved on from our QB who was clearly holding the team back. I think giving him this year was warranted, and I really don't even think he's a bad coach (certainly better than MM, speaking as someone who also got the MM experience), but it's time. He isn't making the changes that are  necessary (though I'm sure some would argue that his hand is being forced on some issues by the FO), and we aren't going anywhere. He got his fair shake, but it's time to part ways. 

Edited by Jaguarfan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

I don't think we should've fired him before now. He easily earned another year with the AFCC season, and frankly had Mularkey taken you guys to the AFCC you wouldn't have fired him. Last year was a nightmare but we were riddled with injuries, we made a coordinator change which was clearly necessary, and we moved on from our QB who was clearly holding the team back. I think giving him this year was warranted, and I really don't even think he's a bad coach (certainly better than MM, speaking as someone who also got the MM experience), but it's time. He isn't making the changes that are  necessary (though I'm sure some would argue that his hand is being forced on some issues by the FO), and we aren't going anywhere. He got his fair shake, but it's time to part ways. 

Mularkey got fired the same reason your saying Marrone should be fired. Advancing one more round in the playoffs wouldn’t have changed that because we luckily have a good GM who can recognize changes that need to be made even if success is being had on the field.

Just now, dtait93 said:

Mularkey got fired the same reason your saying Marrone should be fired. Advancing one more round in the playoffs wouldn’t have changed that because we luckily have a good GM who can recognize changes that need to be made even if success is being had on the field.

Firing a first year head coach who was minutes away from making the super bowl is literally unprecedented lol

1 minute ago, Jaguarfan said:

Firing a first year head coach who was minutes away from making the super bowl is literally unprecedented lol

So is firing a second year head coach that just won a playoff game for a franchise for the first time in 14 years