If I were GM, I would look to add weapons for Haskins in the off season.

aceinthehouse

He needs & we need the Posse' to further along Haskins development.

Scary Terry is 1 piece, but we need 2 more at minimum to get what we need. ( If not 3 more)

The only other guy I would even keep, would be Harmon. The others gotta go...sorry.

So this is what you do!

You trade down from #2 overall, to pick up our missing 2nd round pick plus more.

Let's say we trade down to #6....

1) You draft  WR Jerry Jeudy (Alabama) with #6 overall.

2) You take OT in 2nd Rd. Andrew's probably won't be there, but there should be some good ones in that spot that are. 

3) You draft WR K.J. Hill from Ohio St. In the 3rd Rd. (Possibly trade down a bit in the 3rd to net some some 4th or 5th rounders)

Either before or after draft, you trade Trent Williams to Atlanta Falcons for WR Calvin Ridley (Alabama).

Possibly done in a draft day trade down move? Atlanta goes to #2....we trade down to #6... Get Jeudy...yada...yada...yada...

So then, we're loaded with WR Terry McLaurin (Ohio St.)---Calvin Ridley (Alabama)---Jerry Jeudy (Alabama) &---K.J. Hill (Ohio St.) 

With Harmon and so on as depth.

BOOM! Your loaded at WR

Haskins has all the weapons to his disposal & we become the Posse' again!

We don't need defense at all, except Monte Nicholson's replacement. Possibly Norman's replacement.

Bostic is a legit starter for us inside & we get Reuben Foster back next yr. 

We need Offensive weapons... period!

We'll have Guice & Love @ RB.

We will need to address TE's obviously as Davis & Reed are done. We can do that in FA & later rounds in draft.

Do this & watch Haskins explode in numbers & development.

And by me posting all this?

This means, we need a coach who can open up this Offense.

Spread offense...lots of Shotgun, etc.

Get our WR playmakers the ball.

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

Jeudy won't be there at six, one year of 32 year old Trent Williams won't get you three years of Ridley on a rookie contract.  CeeDee Lamb might be available at six though, and I wouldn't mind him.

To say we don't need defense is a horrible take.  ILB is garbage, and at this point with injuries or off-field issues, who has any idea what Reuben Foster brings to the table.  We absolutely need depth along the defensive line (and the draft is where you find depth the cheapest.)  Kerrigan is on the last year of his deal, and from what I've seen, as well as what the analysts are saying, his play has slipped.  We also need a starting FS and starting CB.  

• Like 3

Explaining my trade down to Atlanta more here....

Let's say we're #2 & Atlanta is #6. (Obviously this is just a possibility and draft order could be different)

We trade down to Atlanta and swap 1st rounders.

We get #6, WR Calvin Ridley, their 2nd rounder & possibly more. Possibly much more.

They get #2, Trent Williams

Then, we draft Jeudy at #6.

From this point on, we would have 3 explosive, young WR's all on rookie deals.

I just looked.

Right now, Atlanta is sitting @#8.

All this could change however, when the season is over.

Let's say we drop from #2 to #8 in a trade down in the 1st round with Atlanta?

Let's say Jeudy is gone already...ok

So you take CeeDee Lamb @#8.

Or maybe you take OT Andrew's @#8?

And maybe Henry Ruggs or Tee Higgens are there in the 2nd round?

The point is...we need 3 or 4 dangerous WR's to open the development of our Franchise QB.

Like immediately...

Not 5th round WR's that take 6 years to develop.

1st, 2nd & 3rd rounds is where we need to focus on WR's in this 2020 draft.

Immediate contributors..

Like Terry McLaurin.

• Like 1

I agree that Haskins needs weapons BUT you don't do that with a top 10 draft pick with all the holes we have at OL and on defense. WR/TE are luxury picks at this point.

This draft is loaded at WR. We can get a good WR prospect with our 3rd round draft pick. Stop the Calvin Ridley fairy tale stuff, that won't happen.

Haskins NEEDS protection. ANYONE on our offensive line could be upgraded. I like TRADING down but for an OT in the first round. It's boring but I think the better odds of greater success.

• Like 1

No trade down, especially not to 8. Take the best player available, hopefully we pick 1st, 2nd or 3rd and can take Chase Young after Cincy and Miami take Borrow & Herbert.

Need to cut PRich and Reed, trade Trent, Kerrigan and Norman.

We can add WR, a TE or LT with the pick we get for trading Trent. 

We need upgrades at WR, but I have no problem with Harmon being our #2, I think he's Garcon like in the short to intermediate routes who can make tough catches and break tackles bc after he catches the ball he turns into a running back bc of his size/power combo.

I wouldn’t say our other young guys like Quinn, Kidsy & the Sims brothers need to go just yet. They’ll be back for competition with who we draft or sign in free agency.

Passing on the best player available in the draft - Chase Young - is stupid. As Naptown points out, there are other good WRs in this draft who aren’t quite as good as Jeudy but they’re not far off, there’s only one Chase Young, and no one else is close to being the pass rusher he is in this draft.

With the pick we get for Trent we could get: Jalen Reagor (TCU), Justin Jefferson (LSU), Tee Higgins, Gabriel Davis (UFC), Tamorrian Terry (FSU), Antonio Gandy-Golden (Liberty), Henry Ruggs (Alabama) and Kendrick Rogers (TX A&M)

A TE with the Trent pick like:

Albert Okwuegbunam (Missouri), Jared Pinkney (Vanderbilt) or Colby Parkinson (Stanford)

Or a LT like:

Walker Little (Stanford), Alex Leatherwood (Alabama) or Josh Jones (Houston)

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

If I were GM, this would be our WR core next season in order on depth chart.

1)Scary Terry (2nd yr on rookie deal)

2)Calvin Ridley (3rd yr on rookie deal---aquired thru trade with Atlanta in 1st Rd swap trade)

3)Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb (Rookie selection in 1st round)

4)Kelvin Harmon (2nd yr on rookie deal)

5)K.J. Hill (Rookie selected in 3rd or 4th Rd)

It would be easy to load up our WR core, while still addressing other needs in draft & Free Agency.

Draft OT in 2nd round from 1st Rd trade down.

Address CB, TE, FS, & depth in later part of draft & FA.

For example....

Atlanta trades us #8, WR Calvin Ridley, their 2020 2nd rounder, 2020 4th rounder, 2021 2nd rounder & 2021 3rd rounder

For #2 overall & Trent Williams

Fair trade...right?

So all of a sudden....

We have a

1st @#8 (aquired WR Calvin Ridley)

2nd Rd pick from Atlanta

3rd round pick

4th Rd pick

4th Rd pick from Atlanta

5th Rd pick

6th Rd pick

7th Rd pick

7th Rd pick

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If I were GM, this would be our WR core next season in order on depth chart.

1)Scary Terry (2nd yr on rookie deal)

2)Calvin Ridley (3rd yr on rookie deal---aquired thru trade with Atlanta in 1st Rd swap trade)

3)Jerry Jeudy or CeeDee Lamb (Rookie selection in 1st round)

4)Kelvin Harmon (2nd yr on rookie deal)

5)K.J. Hill (Rookie selected in 3rd or 4th Rd)

It would be easy to load up our WR core, while still addressing other needs in draft & Free Agency.

Draft OT in 2nd round from 1st Rd trade down.

Address CB, TE, FS, & depth in later part of draft & FA.

For example....

Atlanta trades us #8, WR Calvin Ridley, their 2020 2nd rounder, 2020 4th rounder, 2021 2nd rounder & 2021 3rd rounder

For #2 overall & Trent Williams

Fair trade...right?

So all of a sudden....

We have a

1st @#8 (aquired WR Calvin Ridley)

2nd Rd pick from Atlanta

3rd round pick

4th Rd pick

4th Rd pick from Atlanta

5th Rd pick

6th Rd pick

7th Rd pick

7th Rd pick

Why pass on a generation type talent like Chase Young?

No amount of picks will make up for passing on that kind of talent.

Also, Calvin Ridley isn’t and won’t be on the trade block. This is a pie in the sky/moot discussion.

The Redskins actually have a lot of young talent they are developing who are serviceable to good players. They don’t need those extra picks. They won’t make up for passing on Chase Young at #1, 2 or 3.

• Like 1

Another move I would make?

Trade Trent Williams to the Colts for WR Parris Campbell (2ND Rd choice in 2019) from Ohio St. & Our 2nd Rd draft choice back.

That would be like getting two 2nd round picks for Trent Williams. Hardly a ridiculous trade considering what franchise LT's are worth & what Tunsil brought.

You could stay at #2 & take Chase Young.

Draft LT with our original 2nd Rd pick from Colts.

And take WR K.J. Hill in 3rd or 4th Rd.

We would have QB Haskins

WR's Terry McLaurin, Parris Campbell & K.J. Hill.

All from Ohio ST.

Young & chemistry already there for Haskins.

And still get the game wrecker in Chase Young on Defense.

Trading down & aquiring draft capital is the smartest & fastest way to get this team competitive again.

It does us no good to have a Chase Young on Defense, when we can't move the ball on Offense.

And that's assuming he's the real deal.

The one good thing the Redskins have done over the last couple years is draft well.

The scouting department has done a pretty good job at drafting.

This draft is deep with talent. We need to take advantage of that & let a team trade the farm to move up to our spot.

With the #1 or #2 overall pick?

We could net multiple 1sts & 2nd Rd picks. Plus picks for 2021.

This would allow our NEW HEAD COACH to not only have a talented roster to work with, but youth on both sides of the ball.

The smartest thing this team can do, is trade Trent Williams & other older players not in future plans for draft capital.

Trade down and get even more draft picks.

Draft best available players on our board & build this roster with talent.

And get Haskins a plethora of weapons.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Meanwhile, Chase Young gets another sack. 

Wait, what the hell? It does us no good to have Chase Young in defense? Lol

14th sack in 8 games this year, Ohio State single season record but hey, who needs him? I’m sure having 5 draft picks will be better than an All-Pro talent, right?

And just before that sack he had a 5 yard tackle for loss in the run game.

He’s a monster, passing on a talent like him for lesser talent is stupid.

• Like 1

Agree we need at another weapon on offense.  I am open to trading down and grabbing Jeudy, but I just can't imagine why Atlanta would ever trade Ridley.  He has 2 more years on his rookie deal.  When that ends Julio Jones is likely towards end of career so it is a perfect time to give Ridley a second contract to be their #1.  Also, adding one top talent at WR is probably enough.  We have other positions of need and you end up wasting these guys if you can't get the ball to them enough.

• Like 1