Week 12: Getting eaten by the Lions šŸ¦

turtle28

Where: The big post office

When: Same bad time, same bad channelĀ 

Why: BecauseĀ they are required to play the gamesĀ 

How: The Redskins are going to get boat raced again! This season and 2020 FA/draft mode canā€™t start soon enough!

What Iā€™m looking forward to the most:

Iā€™m hoping that Callahan letsĀ Haskins fling it around more! As much as I love Peterson, heā€™s not the future. We shouldnā€™t be in ground and pound mode for 20 plus carries a game.

Haskins needs at least 30 attempts. Iā€™m not sure if Terry goes over 100 yards vs Darius Slay but I can see Haskins getting 250 yards and 2 TDs. Iā€™m hoping that Quinn actually gets some yac for once, he has been decent on receptions but Iā€™m miffed as to why he doesnā€™t get much yac, maybe itā€™s bc of the inaccuracy of the Redskins QBs but thatā€™s been a problem for both Quinn & PRich this year.

I expect Guice to have another big game. His performance last week sure showed Redskins fans what theyā€™ve missed the first season and a half of his career.

I hope the pass rush gets going. I really want to see our front 4/5 get after the QB. I hope we bring 5 and 6 after the QB, what the hell do you have to lose Manusky?Ā 
Ā 

Bring the 3 DL, both OLBs and blitz one of the ILBs, Collins or aĀ corner multiple times throughout the game. Driskel probably wonā€™t even test Dunny much at all. Dunny is one of the best rated cornerĀ in the NFL by PFF, teams rarely testĀ him. Expect them to go after Norman and Moreau.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Iā€™m hoping that SDH gets more snaps than Holcomb - especially when we are in the nickel which is 70% of the game -Ā but that makes too much sense so I donā€™t really expect it to happen.

Lions: 30

Redskins: 20

Redskins fall to 1-10 and one step closer to a top 3 draft pick and hopefully the chance to select Chase Young!

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

It was Clinton Portis last week that intimated that the team isn't scheming correctly for the players they have.Ā  I was in the bathroom and missed part of it, but Montez Sweat was one player.Ā  Another one is Haskins.Ā  Why they are still having this kid function in Gruden's offense (with more running) is beyond me.Ā  What they should be doing are adding in Coryell concepts- heavy emphasis on running the ball, but taking shots downfield to play to Haskins' strength which is his arm.Ā  Get him some confidence.Ā  We can then taylor an offense for him with the new coach, but right now whatever the offense they are running right now isn't working.Ā Ā 

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It was Clinton Portis last week that intimated that the team isn't scheming correctly for the players they have.Ā  I was in the bathroom and missed part of it, but Montez Sweat was one player.Ā  Another one is Haskins.Ā  Why they are still having this kid function in Gruden's offense (with more running) is beyond me.Ā  What they should be doing are adding in Coryell concepts- heavy emphasis on running the ball, but taking shots downfield to play to Haskins' strength which is his arm.Ā  Get him some confidence.Ā  We can then taylor an offense for him with the new coach, but right now whatever the offense they are running right now isn't working.Ā Ā 

They don't even need to do that, they can do what he did at Ohio State too, which are pretty easy concepts. Like how often do we just throw it out to a WR at the line of scrimmage,Ā run the TE & LT out there to blockĀ and thenĀ see what the WR can gain on his own?

We don't run any WR screens either. Not enough quick slants. Not enough play action. All these things will help Haskins.

Iā€™m not sure what they can do to get Sweat going. Smoot suggested that Sweat at this point in his career only triesĀ to speed rush, he said Sweat has no 2nd and 3rd moves or as Smoot put it ā€Secondary and TertiaryĀ moves,ā€ I've never heard anyone say it like that! šŸ˜‚ Only Smoot!

Anyways, Iā€™m all ears on Sweat. And if you say ā€œput his hand in the dirt,ā€ thatā€™s not an answer, if anyone watches the game you can see we are in a 4-2-5 about 3/4 of the game where Sweat and Kerrigan are rushing the passer on every play we are in that. The only time they might have to cover is on 1st downs or short yardage downs if a team passes and the opposing teams offensiveĀ formation dictates that one of our OLBs drop into coverage.Ā 

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

I do feel we will win at least 1 more game this season.Ā  I really hope it isnt today. We need more of a cushion between the teams with 3 wins and the couple of teams with 2 wins.Ā 

I don't see anyone we can beat left on the schedule. Perhaps we screw up and beat the Giants bc it's a divisional game, we both have rookie QBs and suck just the same!

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Moreland starting outside?

I'm now like a nervous parent

Manusky screwsĀ the pooch again! Perfect opportunity to have Moreau move outside to a spot he should be better at ratherĀ than force him to continue to playĀ in the slot and a perfect opportunityĀ to getĀ Moreland more work inĀ the slot and then, get this...Ā evaluate both players over the final 6 games if this year to see if we need to address those pistons in March/April of 2020 or not.

• Like 1