Do we have a real shot to contend for the NFC West?

RamRod

Honestly? I think it's ours to lose.  There's NOBODY better, IMO.  We have the better all around team in all honesty.  I can now say with absolute confidence our Defense is better than Seattle's defense.  Tru isn't too far off from overrated Richard Sherman and our front 7 is a lot better. Our receivers and running backs are better and we probably have a better oline, lol.... Now, if you look at us offensively the only team that may look better on paper is Arizona, but now that David Johnson is toast for a while and Palmer at the end of his career I just don't see them being much of a threat at all. 49ers are absolute garbage and will be lucky to see 4-5 wins at most. McVay is the real deal and Phillips is the GOAT so, that helps us too! Just like I said, I thinks it's our to lose. Just gotta stay consistent and win our Divisional games!

25 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Honestly? I think it's ours to lose.  There's NOBODY better, IMO.  We have the better all around team in all honesty.  I can now say with absolute confidence our Defense is better than Seattle's defense.  Tru isn't too far off from overrated Richard Sherman and our front 7 is a lot better. Our receivers and running backs are better and we probably have a better oline, lol.... Now, if you look at us offensively the only team that may look better on paper is Arizona, but now that David Johnson is toast for a while and Palmer at the end of his career I just don't see them being much of a threat at all. 49ers are absolute garbage and will be lucky to see 4-5 wins at most. McVay is the real deal and Phillips is the GOAT so, that helps us too! Just like I said, I thinks it's our to lose. Just gotta stay consistent and win our Divisional games!

I'll have what he's cheefing on. 

41 minutes ago, RamPackFan said:

Seattle still has a better D, but I think we might be better coached. We gotta see what McVay does over the next few weeks. It's definitely possible if Goff and McVay keep it up.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Seattle still has a better D, but I think we might be better coached. We gotta see what McVay does over the next few weeks. It's definitely possible if Goff and McVay keep it up.

Yea, I'm pumped about our Team......and honestly, haven't been this excited for about 15+ years! lol.  It's brining up all the same excitement I had back in 1999 when Kurt Warner came onto the stage and we became the greatest team in the world. Not saying we are that team again, but it sure does deliver some optimism and hope. We are a completely different team this year and this is only the beginning.  I have a real good feeling about everything so I'm willing to go out on that limb right now and say we are better than Seattle and it's ours to lose. We'll get a better look this weekend when they put on a clinic for Washington. 

14 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think the biggest difference when you line us up to Seattle, is the O-line. While I still have concerns about ours, I feel 10x more confident in Whitworth, Saffold, Sullivan and Havenstein than what the Hawks are throwing out there each week.

They have the Heavy edge when it comes to the Secondary, and have nullified the gap in Front 7 with Sheldon, but I like how we stack up.

I'm as excited about our week 1 performance as ANYONE, but we need to keep in mind that it was just that... one week. It's a brand new head coach, who while he may seem like the truth, has a long way to go to really prove himself--as does this team as a whole. I have gotten my hopes up so so so many times over this past decade, just to be disappointed time and time again. I get it's a new coaching staff and a new team, but I need to see more than a blowout against a lackluster Indianapolis team to believe that we're the real deal. This week against Washington is going to be our next test and next level of evaluation. If we win that, great! If not, then we're right back at square one. If we do win this game (assuming we also beat San Fran), our game against Dallas is going to be the true test of how well we can stack up against the big boys. 

Im exerting cautious optimism right now. I hope to God that this is the year we really do something, or at the very least show signs of life for the duration of the season. Let's go, boys! 

1 hour ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I'm as excited about our week 1 performance as ANYONE, but we need to keep in mind that it was just that... one week. It's a brand new head coach, who while he may seem like the truth, has a long way to go to really prove himself--as does this team as a whole. I have gotten my hopes up so so so many times over this past decade, just to be disappointed time and time again. I get it's a new coaching staff and a new team, but I need to see more than a blowout against a lackluster Indianapolis team to believe that we're the real deal. This week against Washington is going to be our next test and next level of evaluation. If we win that, great! If not, then we're right back at square one. If we do win this game (assuming we also beat San Fran), our game against Dallas is going to be the true test of how well we can stack up against the big boys. 

Im exerting cautious optimism right now. I hope to God that this is the year we really do something, or at the very least show signs of life for the duration of the season. Let's go, boys! 

Looking at our schedule, if we beat Washington, the playoffs might be a real possibility. Just counting on us to win the games we should and lose the games we should, check out our schedule:

Indy - W

Wash - W

SF - W

Dal - L

Sea - L

Jax - W

Ari - W

NYG - L

Hou - W

Min - L

NO - W

Ari - L

Phi - L

Sea - W

Ten - L

SF - W

That leaves us at 9-7. We split with Seattle and Arizona. We win toss-ups against Jax, Hou, and NO and lose toss-ups against Phi, Min, and NYG. I feel pretty good about our chances this year if we beat Washington and look good doing it.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Looking at our schedule, if we beat Washington, the playoffs might be a real possibility. Just counting on us to win the games we should and lose the games we should, check out our schedule:

Indy - W

Wash - W

SF - W

Dal - L

Sea - L

Jax - W

Ari - W

NYG - L

Hou - W

Min - L

NO - W

Ari - L

Phi - L

Sea - W

Ten - L

SF - W

That leaves us at 9-7. We split with Seattle and Arizona. We win toss-ups against Jax, Hou, and NO and lose toss-ups against Phi, Min, and NYG. I feel pretty good about our chances this year if we beat Washington and look good doing it.

I don't think we split with the Cards with them losing DJ and the uncertainty with John Brown sickle cell causing him to have injuries and keeping him out longer. So 10-6 is definitely a possibility.

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I don't think we split with the Cards with them losing DJ and the uncertainty with John Brown sickle cell causing him to have injuries and keeping him out longer. So 10-6 is definitely a possibility.

That wasn't based on what I think happens. It was just an illustration that our schedule looks a lot more accommodating than it originally did.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That wasn't based on what I think happens. It was just an illustration that our schedule looks a lot more accommodating than it originally did.

Ok I understand what you are saying now lol. These next 6 days are important because the Rams have 2 games within that span. The good news is that we don't have to worry about the Rams not being up for these games. They will be up for a Washington to help McVay beat his former team and they will be up for San Fran because they know the last time they were on prime time tv on the road at San Fran they lost 28-0. Then the beauty is after that, the Rams have 10 days to prepare for all media darlings Cowboys. If the Rams show out in that game and win, that's the game that will get everyone to finally start believing lol. 

19 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Dude I have read many Rams fans from the official forums and other threads and even on YouTube and you seem to be the only one that realizes its just week 1.

i mean guys congrats beating the colts and the skins maybe but you gotta relax lol wait atleast 4 weeks than you can say " geez we can win"

ill say this the 49ers are in no way a threat but Seattle and Arizona still stand tall as of now .

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

Dude I have read many Rams fans from the official forums and other threads and even on YouTube and you seem to be the only one that realizes its just week 1.

i mean guys congrats beating the colts and the skins maybe but you gotta relax lol wait atleast 4 weeks than you can say " geez we can win"

ill say this the 49ers are in no way a threat but Seattle and Arizona still stand tall as of now .

Whats it matter? It isn't like anyone in these threads are going around gloating the team as SB Contenders. What's it hurt having a little optimism? Isn't that what team forums are for? So that a community of fans from your favorite team can get together and talk about how great or how terrible you looked from week to week and set unrealistic goals for the season....I mean, it's called being a fan. 

29 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Whats it matter? It isn't like anyone in these threads are going around gloating the team as SB Contenders. What's it hurt having a little optimism? Isn't that what team forums are for? So that a community of fans from your favorite team can get together and talk about how great or how terrible you looked from week to week and set unrealistic goals for the season....I mean, it's called being a fan. 

I can't disagree with the fan part  that's very true . 

Archived