Borderline HOF Players (Please Read Rules Before Voting)

goldfishwars

Which Players Are Future HOF (Vote Max Five)  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which five players from this list deserve to be future HOF over the others?

• Alex Mack - C
    • AJ Green - WR
    • Andrew Whitworth - OT
    • Bobby Wagner - LB
    • Cameron Jordan - DE
    • Cameron Wake - Edge
    • Chandler Jones - DE
    • Fletcher Cox - DT
    • Frank Gore - RB
    • Geno Atkins - DT
    • Harrison Smith - S
    • Jason Kelce - C
    • Jason Peters - OT
    • Johnny Hekker - P
    • Justin Tucker - K
    • Marshal Yanda - G
    • Ndamukong Suh - DT
    • Ryan Kerrigan - Edge
    • Terrell Suggs - Edge
    • Trent Williams - OT

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2019 at 12:12 PM

Scenario - only five of these players can make it to the HOF. All were drafted 2012 or earlier, all have made at least three Pro Bowls. 

Rules

You have a maximum of 5 votes, please spend them wisely. If you think less than 5 of the players on this list will got to the HOF, then spend as many votes as you want. 

Edited by goldfishwars
  • Like 1

Ok, so I had to give this some thought for War's HOF vote here, and I had a few things that I have to say before I say who I voted for:

#1 - Players that got my vote start with guys that seemingly change a unit by themselves.

#2 - Players that got my vote had both wow and longevity factor.

#3 - I got to have the feeling of a player is a "we can't lose" variety.

So my ballot is:

Alex Mack, Cam Jordan, Jason Peters, Justin Tucker, Terrell Suggs

Let me address the one not on there sure to gardner the most attention:

Frank Gore.  And right off the bat, let me admit this, there is some bias going on here.  For years before getting inducted, we had to hear about Bettis that he wasn't deserving because he never had huge years, was just lucky to stay healthy, never really 'wow'-ed with what he did.  I don't want to say Frank Gore isn't deserving of being in, but he's not a first ballot type guy, or even potentially a "he needs to be in before player X" guy for me.  He's a guy that needs to wait his turn.  And if I were voting, the guys I listed are the guys that should be going before Gore.  Because especially in his case....he's been playing for 16 years now and hasn't spent all of them as the lead back, especially these last 6.  Yes, Gore's longevity is outstanding, but to me he never had that 'wow' or multiple years of being in the top 5 of his position.  Those guys wait in my opinion.

• Like 1

Also, and sorry for the DP but, was this supposed to be boarderline guys or top guys still active?  If it's top guys still active AP should be on this list.

EDIT: I'm just going to add this too - LeSean McCoy and Mark Ingram are pre-2012 drafted players and on the same pace as Frank Gore to this point of their careers.

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 1

How Yanda only has 10 votes let alone not leading this poll with most votes baffles me. Hes been at worst the 2nd best guard in the league maybe 3rd if your just looking for an argument. Only guy I would say has passed him would be Martin and even he hasnt done it as long as Yanda has. 

Same argument could be said for Peter's but hes had more competition then Yanda has. 

• Like 6