Everything Else

lumberjackchris

9 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Welp, brother in law caught the Rona from work and it spread through my family....

Never lost my sense of taste and smell before now and it’s truly a weird sensation.

Holy hell man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Please stay safe and get well soon...

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 12:29 AM, ET80 said:

Holy hell man, I'm so sorry to hear that. Please stay safe and get well soon...

Thanks my man. Had some major fatigue and headaches the first couple days. Lost my sense of taste and smell, but felt semi better about day 5 and then started getting have some shortness of breathe and trouble breathing. Almost went to the hospital but luckily started slowly improving yesterday and today’s the best I’ve felt in a while.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Basically fully recovered from the Rona.

Great news! How was it overall? I hear things and read things, but want to hear it firsthand.

16 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Just asked the GF’s pops for permission to marry her. Popping the question out in the Hill Country tomorrow at a winery! Wish me luck fellas

Holy cow, that's awesome! Congratulations!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Great news! How was it overall? I hear things and read things, but want to hear it firsthand.

Holy cow, that's awesome! Congratulations!

She’s still has to say yes 😂

So the first wave of symptoms when I had headaches, fatigue, loss of taste and smell and a dry cough wasn’t to crazy. But I felt **** going on in my chest so I started taking mucinex. I started being able to cough up some semi mucus but it had a lot of blood in it which freaked me out. Started feeling like I was snapping out of it for a day or so and then the breathing issues started. Shortness of breathe is no joke. 

Now out of the 5 people in my family that got it, I had it worse by far and the only one who had a second wave of symptoms. Everyone else had a out of week of my original symptoms plus some stomach issues. 

I think the scariest part of the whole virus is how it effects people so differently. I wouldn’t wish breathing problems on anyone and am so glad I don’t have asthma or anything along those lines cause that stuff freaked me out

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Just asked the GF’s pops for permission to marry her. Popping the question out in the Hill Country tomorrow at a winery! Wish me luck fellas

That’s great! I didn’t think that was still a thing anymore, but I definitely did it.....years ago.....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Well, glad you made it through. I got it back in the end of January, was diagnosed as a weird case of Pneumonia, but then when I had testing done last month they were able to confirm that it was, in fact, COVID-19. Got it in Belhaven, NC, literally the middle of nowhere and it felt like 1/2 of the town got "Pneumonia" over a three week span. One of my co-workers at the bakery who got "Pneumonia" before I did died. She was 74. Another regular customer died and he was in his 50s.

As far as symptoms experienced go, it started with bad mucus. Thought that it was allergies or something, but by the end of day 1 I was dead tired. I didn't wake up until after 11 am the next day, well after I was supposed to head into work. However, I was so out of it that I didn't even think of calling in or that I was supposed to be there, and I fell asleep in the bathroom at some point.

I had a fever of 104, and I may have lost my sense of taste and smell. I have no idea. I couldn't really think for a little while, honestly. I do remember catching myself drooling on my face/clothes. That was scary.

After a couple days of really bad mucus, a high temperature, and sleeping for probably 15 hours or so a day, my temperature came back down. I was coughing junk up like crazy, but nothing bloody like you experienced. I also had shortness of breath from basically any level of exertion, but that went away after another few days.

It took just over a week before I felt relatively normal.

Way to ask permission first! That's classy and a GREAT way to show that you value her family!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoboRocket said:

Well, glad you made it through. I got it back in the end of January, was diagnosed as a weird case of Pneumonia, but then when I had testing done last month they were able to confirm that it was, in fact, COVID-19. Got it in Belhaven, NC, literally the middle of nowhere and it felt like 1/2 of the town got "Pneumonia" over a three week span. One of my co-workers at the bakery who got "Pneumonia" before I did died. She was 74. Another regular customer died and he was in his 50s.

As far as symptoms experienced go, it started with bad mucus. Thought that it was allergies or something, but by the end of day 1 I was dead tired. I didn't wake up until after 11 am the next day, well after I was supposed to head into work. However, I was so out of it that I didn't even think of calling in or that I was supposed to be there, and I fell asleep in the bathroom at some point.

I had a fever of 104, and I may have lost my sense of taste and smell. I have no idea. I couldn't really think for a little while, honestly. I do remember catching myself drooling on my face/clothes. That was scary.

After a couple days of really bad mucus, a high temperature, and sleeping for probably 15 hours or so a day, my temperature came back down. I was coughing junk up like crazy, but nothing bloody like you experienced. I also had shortness of breath from basically any level of exertion, but that went away after another few days.

It took just over a week before I felt relatively normal.

Way to ask permission first! That's classy and a GREAT way to show that you value her family!

Ya man all I wanted to do was sleep. Had absolutely zero energy and couldn’t stay away for the life of me. I did have a couple of spells of confusion like you said....real weird 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...