Everything Else

lumberjackchris

On 12/6/2019 at 8:06 AM, ET80 said:

- Is Madden finally good again? I hated pretty much every version from the PS3, did they finally get Franchise Mode correct?

Moved from Madden 19 to Madden 20 recently, I got to say, the game feels more fluid than its felt in a LONG time, the interface looks a lot nicer too and the x-factor system, despite me being mixed on it at first, I've come to like especially when it comes to franchise when you draft some guy and he ends up being an x-factor, it feels nice.

but franchise mode is a lot like last year, the only difference is that the gameplay is improved. Franchise was actually down for a bit a month ago, thats how little EA cares.

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

RIP Kobe

It's been half a day and I'm still in shock. I don't follow basketball like I used to, but it's hard not to feel this one, Kobe is perhaps one of the greatest players I followed - and at 41, he's only a few months older than me. 

A sad and stunning development. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's been half a day and I'm still in shock. I don't follow basketball like I used to, but it's hard not to feel this one, Kobe is perhaps one of the greatest players I followed - and at 41, he's only a few months older than me. 

A sad and stunning development. 

I am a tad older than you.... but you stated my exact feelings quite eloquently.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I came here to engage you all in the upcoming mafia games so that you all could make Texas proud. But you guys dont have a "That aint sports talk" thread? @ET80 this is day two of me being disappointed in you. Get your house in order.

Anyways, we are going to be invading the Texans subforum starting this weekend. I hope you all will join us. Here is a basic outline:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Mafia (also known as The Werewolves) is a social deduction game, created by Dimitry Davidoff in 1986.[2] The game models a conflict between two groups: an informed minority (the mafiosi or the werewolves), and an uninformed majority (the villagers). At the start of the game, each player is secretly assigned a role affiliated with one of these teams. The game has two alternating phases: first, a night role, during which those with night killing powers may covertly kill other players, and second, a day role, in which surviving players debate the identities of players and vote to eliminate a suspect. The game continues until a faction achieves its win condition; for the village, this usually means eliminating the evil minority, while for the minority this usually means reaching numerical parity with the village and eliminating any rival evil groups.

PS: I am Matt, a Cowboys fan in Austin. My baseball team is the Astros though. So I have now met the thread objective of introducing myself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

This thread went ~2.5 months without a post. Im not that dedicated to engaging the Texans. After all, you are our little brothers ;)

That was around the time Bill O'Brien was named GM. Not much joy to be had to discuss "Everything Else."

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That was around the time Bill O'Brien was named GM. Not much joy to be had to discuss "Everything Else."

That seems a bit counter intuitive. I would think after that Hopkins trade this would be the only thread you all would want to partake in. 

Thanks for moving my post. Any active posters that @mission27 and @TLO need to make sure to tag for the game?

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

That seems a bit counter intuitive. I would think after that Hopkins trade this would be the only thread you all would want to partake in. 

No, our hate consumes us. Every thread is about how much we hate Bill O'Brien. Nothing else really matters outside of that.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thanks for moving my post. Any active posters that @mission27 and @TLO need to make sure to tag for the game?

Still getting that list together, should have it to @mission27 and @TLO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

No, our hate consumes us. Every thread is about how much we hate Bill O'Brien. Nothing else really matters outside of that.

Still getting that list together, should have it to @mission27 and @TLO.

Appreciate everyone's efforts

I think our game will be a particularly good fit for a large number of players so hopefully there is strong interest!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m so sick of getting tagged in mafia games. The. I get messaged like I’m in the game and people get pissy that I’m not participating 

Give it a shot - I think you'll like it. It's not like any of us can really get out and do stuff now, so try it out, see if you can get into arguing non stop. xD