Everything Else

lumberjackchris

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

@mission27 you guys ready to post the signup list yet? It's going to take a day or two to get people signed up before you roll out the game on Sunday.

We will be posting soon

Is the game expected to get started up on Sunday? Not an issue for us but I want to make sure we give people enough time to signup tbh

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

You say that now, but once BOB starts in on his dumpster fire crap, you might be wishing for it to be cancelled again 😂

I've resorted to going into that Detroit Lions / Cleveland Browns mindset now "Oh yeah we suck but its football right?"

• Like 3

On 5/19/2020 at 9:58 PM, lumberjackchris said:

Man, I need sports back in my life....

Jump on the soccer bandwagon! Two of the biggest sports I've gotten into outside of football the past few years has been hockey and soccer. I had an absolute blast following Croatia in the world cup and have been watching EPL pretty consistently. It's also hard to top playoff hockey, so hopefully that'll return with a 24 team format if they continue the season. 

Edited by LORK88
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

Jump on the soccer bandwagon! Two of the biggest sports I've gotten into outside of football the past few years has been hockey and soccer. I had an absolute blast following Croatia in the world cup and have been watching EPL pretty consistently. It's also hard to top playoff hockey, so hopefully that'll return with a 24 team format if they continue the season. 

I love national team soccer/tourneys. Haven’t gotten into any of the foreign leagues yet. 

The bits of hockey I’ve seen during the Olympics is pretty entertaining.

At this point I’ll take whatever. Except Nascar lol

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Speaking of coronavirus whims, I’ve just enrolled in graduate school and I’m gonna get a Master’s in Teaching so I can coach high school all. Should be fun. 

I actually finished up my Six Sigma Black Belt (started before the Rona hit, so it wasn't really starting anything up per se) and am getting my applications in to continue my MBA at University of Houston this fall. 

It's something to do while I'm at home...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Speaking of coronavirus whims, I’ve just enrolled in graduate school and I’m gonna get a Master’s in Teaching so I can coach high school all. Should be fun. 

So the lady and I went to NOLA the first weekend of our spring break. Which was like the first weekend in March before **** hit the fan with the he Rona. Not having to go to school and coach gives you way to much free time. So I  decided to buckle down and drop some weight. I’m 40lbs down since then 80lbs total on the year since I got back from a New Years cruise where I ate way to make Guy Fieri’s Burgers ha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You ever wake up and think "Dang, I wish I were Bill O'Brien?" Because I did today. Butt chin and all. With all of the mistakes that he's made and everything. 

I don't know, I just feel like - despite his dissolution of the team in both the short and long-term - this can be a really fun team still.

I'm imagining like a Run' N' Shoot', similar the Roughnecks or Houston Gamblers of Yore. You can play with split backs or two wingbacks, and both DJ2K and DJ1K (I'm fine with DJJR also being his nickname) are perfect for the job. I'm having dreams about the playcalling possibilities of two RB/WR hybrids with some legitimate deep threats at WR to take pressure off, and I'm frothing at the mouth.

They finally have a not-terrible OL, with the potential to even be GOOD if people take steps forward. Tytus Howard and Max Scharping are both young enough to improve by a sizable amount this off-season. They'll finally (maybe) have guys healthy, and an OL in 2020 of Tunsil, Fulton, Martin, Scharping, and Howard could surprise people. 

At WR, they have a variety of guys who can take the top off the defense, with the potential to make strides in the offense - you know, guys who could develop into all-around good WRs and legitimately help the offense. They also have Randall Cobb.

At TE, you have a number of interesting names. Jordan Akins, Darren Fells, and Jordan Thomas have all shown flashes at times to be potent receivers, and there's also Kahale Warring, someone that many think could be the best of the bunch. 

Watson could be good in any offense, but he has the skill-set to thrive in a run and shoot. 

I just feel like this team could be tons of fun, and I envy BOB.