Everything Else

lumberjackchris

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Approaching 36 hours without power. This is unacceptable - Centerpoint/ERCOT executives need to be fired and held to criminal charges.

This isn't some simple oversight or an error in judgment - this is incompetence, and someone needs to be held accountable.

Hopefully it gets fixed for you and the rest soon. It's a joke they're calling them "rolling blackouts" when people have been out for that long. I'm on the lucky side in that we lost it for a few hours, but we've been good since. Bad news is pretty sure we have a cracked pipe somewhere. 

1 minute ago, LORK88 said:

Hopefully it gets fixed for you and the rest soon. It's a joke they're calling them "rolling blackouts" when people have been out for that long. I'm on the lucky side in that we lost it for a few hours, but we've been good since. Bad news is pretty sure we have a cracked pipe somewhere. 

I got power from 2-4:30 AM yesterday - enough to charge devices and warm up the house/cool down the freezer.

Now, back to coldness...

4 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Just lost water last night. Luckily had power through this mess in my apartment. Cable and Internet went down Monday though. 

I've been without water since Monday - not sure if I have a burst pipe, but I don't like my chances.

• 2 weeks later...

So I coach high school basketball and we have our best team in years. We are a legit threat to win the state championship. We won our district tourney to go into regionals as the 1 seed. We were up 15 early in the second half and our all state/Conference MVP player chased down a guy going in for a layup and had the nastiest block I’ve seen in a high school game. Dudes elbow was above the rim. Came down wrong and compound fracture in his leg. Went straight to surgery. Delayed the game about 30 minutes. We won to advance to the state tourney but man such a crazy ending to the season. 

Edited by Pastor Dillon
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 10:23 AM, ET80 said:

I've been without water since Monday - not sure if I have a burst pipe, but I don't like my chances.

I never updated this...

So, I have an outside water softener unit, and the main water valve flows through the unit into the rest of the house. The main pipe into the unit completely froze up, which in turn froze the unit - the unit is trashed, but that kept all of the water outside the house, which means none of my pipes inside the house were damaged.

That really worked out for me. I need a new unit, sure - but that's small time, all things considered.

• Like 4

Dad insisted I fly in from Austin this weekend for my grandma’s funeral. I accidentally buy a ticket to IAH instead of Hobby. Dad basically tells me it’s too inconvenient to cross downtown traffic to pick me up, wants me to spend $$$ on a rental car.

This is after he gets drunk and complains to me about every member of the family that they’re all Aholes and he’s some kind of victim and that he doesn’t want me to come any more to my own grandmothers funeral

So anyway I got some credit on that flight and now I’m driving up 4 hours this Saturday and hopefully leaving that night so I don’t have to deal with his dumb a** more than I have to. And now I’m drinking on a Thursday and feeling especially cranky 

So 2nd round of the regional tourney, our best player, leading scorer, rebounder, assist, steals and block guy is laid up having surgery and we come out and get hammered. Down 15 with 2:16 left in the game. Close the game on an 18-0 run and win at the buzzer. Wildest high school ending I’ve ever seen. 

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So 2nd round of the regional tourney, our best player, leading scorer, rebounder, assist, steals and block guy is laid up having surgery and we come out and get hammered. Down 15 with 2:16 left in the game. Close the game on an 18-0 run and win at the buzzer. Wildest high school ending I’ve ever seen. 

I was apart of the most intense/best sporting event in my 31 years last night. We played our district rival Summer Creek High School in the 6A Region 3 Finals last night. The lead for either team never got above 4 and that was for a split second our way. After 1 it was 13-13. At the half it was 25-25. Then 40-40 going into the 4th. We hit a double clutch awkward layup to go up 51-50 with 3.6 left. Summer Creek calls a TO. Then inbound, and get it up in a hurry. Somehow getting a solid look at a 5 footer than banked in at the buzzer went off. Except one ref with the angle came in and waved it off. And after watching the video he amazingly made the right call. It’s was just 32 minutes of controlled high level basketball. With no less than 10 college basketball players on the teams combined. 

Now on to the State Semifinals against Austin Westlake Tuesday in SA. They have a 6’7 F that is going to Kansas and is the real deal. We don’t have a stud, but just a core group of Sr’s that have a ton of experience. 

If we win we should play Duncanville or Richardson and both have insane top college level talent up and down their rosters.

If you have twitter look up the highlights from the game. It’s worth a couple of minutes. Atascocita vs Summer Creek

19 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

I was apart of the most intense/best sporting event in my 31 years last night. We played our district rival Summer Creek High School in the 6A Region 3 Finals last night. The lead for either team never got above 4 and that was for a split second our way. After 1 it was 13-13. At the half it was 25-25. Then 40-40 going into the 4th. We hit a double clutch awkward layup to go up 51-50 with 3.6 left. Summer Creek calls a TO. Then inbound, and get it up in a hurry. Somehow getting a solid look at a 5 footer than banked in at the buzzer went off. Except one ref with the angle came in and waved it off. And after watching the video he amazingly made the right call. It’s was just 32 minutes of controlled high level basketball. With no less than 10 college basketball players on the teams combined. 

Now on to the State Semifinals against Austin Westlake Tuesday in SA. They have a 6’7 F that is going to Kansas and is the real deal. We don’t have a stud, but just a core group of Sr’s that have a ton of experience. 

If we win we should play Duncanville or Richardson and both have insane top college level talent up and down their rosters.

If you have twitter look up the highlights from the game. It’s worth a couple of minutes. Atascocita vs Summer Creek

Man I love games like that more than blow outs. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:41 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Man I love games like that more than blow outs. 

Welp, the kid going to Kansas was indeed legit....

That coupled with not hitting our 3's sunk us. 

We clawed back to within 3 with 4 min left after being down 12 at the half, and then they hit a couple of daggers to finish us. 

• 2 weeks later...