Everything Else

lumberjackchris

• 1 month later...

My sister finally got season tickets for this stupid team but she lives in a different country right now so I’m sure shes going to give us a bunch of tickets 😷  

I don’t think she has any idea about the drama that’s been happening lately

edit: I am grateful that I have a cool sister who would do this and let me have tickets, and I’m just kind of joking about being upset lol. She’s been on the wait list for a while now, long before all this crap started. I just think it’s really kind of ironic and funny. 

Edited by tab
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, tab said:

My sister finally got season tickets for this stupid team but she lives in a different country right now so I’m sure shes going to give us a bunch of tickets 😷  

I don’t think she has any idea about the drama that’s been happening lately

edit: I am grateful that I have a cool sister who would do this and let me have tickets, and I’m just kind of joking about being upset lol. She’s been on the wait list for a while now, long before all this crap started. I just think it’s really kind of ironic and funny. 

That is cool of your sister!  Heard people who were in the 10,000's in terms of wait list for season tix got notices that opportunities are available... looks like thousands have been letting go of their "opportunity" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jch1911 said:

That is cool of your sister!  Heard people who were in the 10,000's in terms of wait list for season tix got notices that opportunities are available... looks like thousands have been letting go of their "opportunity" 

Yup, I actually have a buddy who got his message from Ticket Sales. He's actually passing, he's thinking this is a burned investment...

...he also is getting a pool, outdoor entertainment setup and outdoor kitchen installed at his house. The cost about as much as my house, so he's now determined to watch every game in his backyard.

I'm not complaining, I can't wait to sip a nice Scotch while sitting in his pool...

• Like 3

Gary Kubiak had a great story last night at the Houston Sports Awards:

The Texans were beating the Titans in 2010. This was the infamous Andre v Innegan game, Texans had the game well in hand in the 4th. Kubiak is managing the game and Andre Johnson comes up behind Kubiak and simply says...

"Coach... I gotta do what I gotta do."

Kubiak isn't quite sure what Andre is talking about, so he shrugs and nods an approval. 

Two minutes later:

tenor.gif?itemid=9897169

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Been a busy last couple of weeks......

Got married out in the Hill Country west of Austin July 1, and now we just had our offer accepted on our first house!!! This market is crazy right now man....

Congratulations on the wedding and the house! Two huge steps!

I'm actually taking a big step myself, I start a new job on Monday - a competitor reached out to me with a great opportunity in a different division, so I start next week. A bit nervous but incredibly excited!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 5:54 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

Man coaching high school football ain’t no joke. We work 13-14 hours a day. Team is sitting 3-1 though. Lost a game we shouldn’t have but have a chance win a game we shouldn’t this week!

we have a pretty good team. Probably have a ceiling of the quarter finals in the playoffs. 

Ya, and it's bigger in Texas lol. We work some crazy ***  hours. 

Man, went up to Dallas to play Denton Guyer (#5 team in 6A) started slooooooow and dug a 14-0 hole in the 1st. Woke up and dominated the 2nd quarter to tie it at 14 at the half. Took the lead 28-27 with 6 min to go, then our returner got stood up and this gunner came down with a kill shot on his ribs and he fumbled the ball. We fell apart after that. Luckily the kid just has bruised ribs, and they weren't broken, cause it was a lick. All in all going 3-1 in Non-District with our schedule is fine by us. We got North Shore in our District and play then at the end of October. They D is loaded with 4 and 5 start athletes. Gonna be a fun one!